+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coby Fleener at #32

Coby Fleener at #32

With Ballard and Beckum having ACL injuries and a weak free agent tight end class, TE had become more of a glaring need

He run good routes, has solid hands and is a technically sound blocker

What you guys think about picking him at 32?

Re: Coby Fleener at #32

Eh, uninspiring. Guy's got a bad hair do, anyway. He's rockin' the Bieber 'do.

If Dwayne Allen is available, he's probably the only TE that I'd take in the 1st.

But I'd rather go with Pascoe at TE and draft another TE in the later rounds or maybe a veteran via FA like Vishanti Shancoe.

If the TE is really the best player available at our 1st pick, then fine, but I'm really hoping to bring in a stud on the o-line.

This kid is nasty . Have u seen his 1 handed snag in the endzone?

yeah he actually is real nasty. he's a perfect fit for this system. he can absolutely level some one blocking and can be used creatively there, he is deceptively fast and very quick, can be a downfield threat as well as short hot route threat, and he's a smart player who i'd expect would be able to make an impact right off the bat.

is that other clemson te a good blocker? thats why fleener makes sense, he can block with intensity and technique.

but i'd still almost rather trade back and get an extra 2nd round pick if we could so we could address more areas of need but still i'd be stoked with fleener guy could be like a gronkowski

Veteran

Adding a 6'6" TE with the speed to take it to the house would put a huge smile on Eli's face!

[quote user="giantsfan420"]he's a perfect fit for this system. he can absolutely level some one blocking and can be used creatively there, he is deceptively fast and very quick, can be a downfield threat as well as short hot route threat, and he's a smart player who i'd expect would be able to make an impact right off the bat.[/quote]

+1

I'd have to see a whole mock to see what players remain on the board.

I'd be happy with Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener honestly.

Allen looks like the more NFL ready tight end and I would say actually the stronger of the two atm.

Fleener is taller but lankier with a 6'6 frame. Of course, he can always add bulk.

Don't be surprised if Indianapolis tries to target Fleener in the 2nd round since he's Andrew Luck's TE at Stanford. If I was Reese, I'd go to the Colts new GM and offer him the chance to trade up and acquire Fleener for the right price.

upgrade needed big time

He's pretty much, well, perfect. Outside of the fact that he could get a little stronger, he is well developed in all facets of the game. And that kind of worries me. Fleener is sort of a finished product as a receiver and doesn't have a whole lot of upside. What you see is what you're going to get -- a polished route runner with soft hands a nice burst out of his breaks. Not dynamic by any means though. Just a very, very solid TE

+ Reply to Thread