+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coby Fleener at #32

Re: Coby Fleener at #32

http://www.giants.com/team/roster/Ch...c-58ec168e82a3

what about this guy...alreadyon the team....

6'6"...277....nice size for sure...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

what about this guy...already*on the team....

[/quote]Eh, maybe. I'm just not sure how much longer we can keep hoping random Practice Squad members step up to fill starter roles.

Veteran

Fleener would be nice but I'm more interested in us maybe taking Dwayne Allen out of Clemson

I'd be ok with Fleener or Allen at 32, unless a top O-linemen is available at that point.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="GameTime"]

what about this guy...alreadyon the team....

[/quote]Eh, maybe. I'm just not sure how much longer we can keep hoping random Practice Squad members step up to fill starter roles.[/quote]

not saying to depend on him being the next great thing but he has been in the system for a season and he will be in the mix and shouldnt be overlooked.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="Neverend"]He's pretty much, well, perfect. Outside of the fact that he could get a little stronger, he is well developed in all facets of the game. And that kind of worries me. Fleener is sort of a finished product as a receiver and doesn't have a whole lot of upside. What you see is what you're going to get -- a polished route runner with soft hands a nice burst out of his breaks. Not dynamic by any means though. Just a very, very solid TE[/quote]

I like it, big white dude, exactly what we want to see in a tight end.

Veteran

The more I think about it, Fleener's height and potential to grow into his frame makes him more of a JR "Height/Weight/Speed/Upside" pick.

I'd also take Ladarius Greene later on. He's tall, gives good effort blocking, and runs like a wideout. He seriously needs to add mass, but put him in the weight room with Snee, Anvil, and Austin and that will come.

Hell, I'd take them both.

[quote user="GMenNY21"]Fleener would be nice but I'm more interested in us maybe taking Dwayne Allen out of Clemson[/quote]I think Fleeners body type lends himself more to the Giants. I was more into Allen at the beginning of the year but the more tape I watch Fleener has really started to grow on me. He is so explosive in the passing game.Giants might need that if they Lose Manningham

[quote user="Raptor22"]The more I think about it, Fleener's height and potential to grow into his frame makes him more of a JR "Height/Weight/Speed/Upside" pick.

I'd also take Ladarius Greene later on. He's tall, gives good effort blocking, and runs like a wideout. He seriously needs to add mass, but put him in the weight room with Snee, Anvil, and Austin and that will come.

Hell, I'd take them both.
    [/quote]I like Green but he is a serious project.He is a guy that has a higher then average probability of getting nothing from. I want to see how he looks at the combine. Its hard to try to project a guy whe u need him to add 20 pounds

It's probably a silly thought but isn't there the possibility that if (and when) the Colts select Luck with the #1 overall pick, they trade back into the last 1st and get his pal Fleener from Stanford as well?

It just seems like with a new coach and GM that the Colts will move on from majority of the veterans and they will try to make Luck as comfortable as possible with a receiver or tight end to go along with their draft.

+ Reply to Thread