+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coby Fleener at #32

Veteran

Re: Coby Fleener at #32

[quote user="TheEnigma"]It's probably a silly thought but isn't there the possibility that if (and when) the Colts select Luck with the #1 overall pick, they trade back into the last 1st and get his pal Fleener from Stanford as well?

It just seems like with a new coach and GM that the Colts will move on from majority of the veterans and they will try to make Luck as comfortable as possible with a receiver or tight end to go along with their draft.[/quote]

Yeah I think teams could draft along those lines but the trade doesn't make sense because there's a good chance he's available at 33 anyway.

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="GMenNY21"]Fleener would be nice
    but I'm more interested in us maybe taking Dwayne Allen out of
    Clemson[/quote]I think Fleeners body type lends himself more to the
    Giants. I was more into Allen at the beginning of the year but the more
    tape I watch Fleener has really started to grow on me. He is so
    explosive in the passing game.Giants might need that if they Lose
    Manningham[/quote][quote user="Raptor22"]The more I think about it, Fleener's height and potential to grow into his frame makes him more of a JR "Height/Weight/Speed/Upside" pick.

I'd also take Ladarius Greene later on. He's tall, gives good effort blocking, and runs like a wideout. He seriously needs to add mass, but put him in the weight room with Snee, Anvil, and Austin and that will come.

Hell, I'd take them both.
    [/quote]I like Green but he is a serious project.He is a guy that has a higher then average probability of getting nothing from. I want to see how he looks at the combine. Its hard to try to project a guy whe u need him to add 20 pounds[/quote]

Agreed on both counts.

Fleener definitely looks more like a Giants TE, but he also doesn't have that "WOW" factor that guys like Graham or Davis have. But, I think with Eli as his QB, Fleener could be a better TE than Davis.

Likewise I wouldn't want to take Green and roll with him as the No. 1 TE. But, I do like the effort I've seen from him and I think he could grow into a dangerous TE.

If the first 4 rounds worked out like this:
    1) Fleener (TE, Stanford)
    2) Doug Martin (RB, Boise State)
    3) Mike Martin (DT, Michigan)
    4) Ladarius Green (TE, Louisiana-Lafayette)

I'd be a happy camper. (Bracing for the "ZOMG NO O-LINEZeZ!?!", however, I think there's going to be a 2nd-3rd rounder who will fall to the 5th, and JR will grab him... or a 4th round comp if they get one)

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="TheEnigma"]It's probably a silly thought but isn't there the possibility that if (and when) the Colts select Luck with the #1 overall pick, they trade back into the last 1st and get his pal Fleener from Stanford as well?

It just seems like with a new coach and GM that the Colts will move on from majority of the veterans and they will try to make Luck as comfortable as possible with a receiver or tight end to go along with their draft.[/quote]

Yeah I think teams could draft along those lines but the trade doesn't make sense because there's a good chance he's available at 33 anyway.[/quote]They draft 34 in the 2nd actually but yeah, he probably would be there if we don't snag him up. The only other team I could see taking a TE in the 1st is the Denver Broncos.

[quote user="Raptor22"]1) Fleener (TE, Stanford)

I'd be a happy camper. (Bracing for the "ZOMG NO O-LINEZeZ!?!", however, I think there's going to be a 2nd-3rd rounder who will fall to the 5th, and JR will grab him... or a 4th round comp if they get one)
    [/quote]That would be an awesome draft but I do worry that between now and draft day, Doug Martin and Mike Martin could rise their stock and be out of position for us to get them without trading up to acquire them.

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="Raptor22"]1) Fleener (TE, Stanford)

[/quote]That would be an awesome draft but I do worry that between now and draft day, Doug Martin and Mike Martin could rise their stock and be out of position for us to get them without trading up to acquire them.[/quote]

Sadly, that's possible.

I'm hoping that (Doug) Martin doesn't show Ray Rice or MJD's long speed and posts a "slower" 40 time, and GM's get caught up in the perception that (Mike) Martin doesn't have lateral agility and is white.

Doug Martin has quickly become my favorite running back in the draft, and I've loved Mike Martin since last year (I think he's the same type of DT as Suh). I really liked hearing that he has surprisingly long arms. If he puts up the gym numbers that he does with long arms... that is a powerful dude.

Just watched some highlights of this guy, and he'd be a nice addition in the passing game, how the f' was he soooo open on most of those plays!?!?!

He's got some deceptive after the catch speed which would be nice, the only thing is how is his blocking?? I know this new TE the NFL loves barely chip blocks, but how's Fleener in the run game??

I still want an RT or 2ndary help in the 1st, LOL
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

+ Reply to Thread