+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli gets SMASHED

Does Eli EVER get a roughing the passer call? The debacle in GB was a joke as far as what didnt get called for us and the roughing the passer that they were given. Did anyone see the shot Eli took (helmet to the chin) during the super bowl?

Re: Eli gets SMASHED

sometimes he does.
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

even though you are right, this is the funny part. WE DIDN'T NEED THE CALLS. we won the superbowl with determination and team work. maybe the OL needs to stiffen up. i remember 5 games i n a row, ELI didn't get touched because of his OL. then diehl came back and he allowed a sack. fix the OL, we get out DBs back next year and we MAKE ANOTHER RUN!!!!!! j/s

Starter

yea i forget when it happened but eli got grabbed from behind and then blasted helmet to helmet from the front, he basically got bent in half! eli is one tough dude.

i bet next year eli will start getting more calls hopefully since it seems he's getting more respect around the league now as an elite player.

it is very odd that with all the shots Eli takes, he just doesn't seem to get that call the way others do. oh well. as long as he stays healthy and we keep winning, who cares?!? =)

Hopefully the officials will be more aware of Eli getting late hits because NFL protects their star QBs like nobody else, and Eli has now joined the list.

Tom Brady still has to whine and beg for them though.

Veteran

Giants are due for a fair officiating .They've won 2 Superbowls in 4 years, it's time for the league to wake up.

[quote user="NYBlue10"]Hopefully the officials will be more aware of Eli getting late hits because NFL protects their star QBs like nobody else, and Eli has now joined the list. Tom Brady still has to whine and beg for them though.[/quote]

I remember reading somewhere that Eli has roughing called on him among the least in the league. And I think your last line alludes to why... He doesn't (or only very, very rarely) throw a fuss when he gets hit. He just takes the lick, stands up,straightens his **** up, and heads back to the huddle.

[quote user="TrueBlue10"]it is very odd that with all the shots Eli takes, he just doesn't seem to get that call the way others do.* oh well.* as long as he stays healthy and we keep winning, who cares?!? =)
    [/quote]

LOVE the wallpapers

ima say the same thing that ppl say when we complain about Vick getting *smashed*

stop crying[:P]