+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta love the haters

All-Pro

Re: Gotta love the haters

[quote user="jjj45"]lol I love how they have a select few "lucky" plays that got us into the SB.

I can go back and look at every Superbowl champion and find "lucky" plays that got them into the SB. Thats football, you can't microanalyses every play.

I couldn't get over how much *****in' people are doing over how "it was all luck" that the Giants won the Superbowl this year. It's even worse now than when we won it all four years ago.

Hardest schedule, most injuries the league has had in years, and we "got lucky"
    [/quote]
    Your last line sums it up....
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]This also explains why Eli is so resilient and unshakable in recent years. Think about it: he *trains* against this defense in camp every summer. Nothing can shake him because he trains against THE BEST the NFL has to offer.[/quote]

That is a great point. I know they don't sack him in practice, but they all know when it would have been a sack. With our O-line, which isn't all that, Eli must get plenty of practice scrambling around. Who would have thought our front 4 on D would also make our O better.

It seems to these losers that making crucial plays at crucial times is "luck".

To me, luck is having something completely random or out of anybody's control happen.

I.E. the SF punt returner Kyle Williams dropping the ball untouched is "luck". Having the ball knocked out by Jacquain Williams is a "crucial play at a crucial moment".

Tyree having the ball fall into his hands in the process of being deflected is "luck". Boxing out and going for it like a basketball rebound and holding on for dear life, that is a "crucial play at a crucial moment".

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

All those teams have benefited from "Luck" before as well. U need some of it to win a Super Bowl. The Steelers won the worst officiated Super Bowl I had ever seen vs the Seahawks..

It can't be Luck, Won't He be playing for the Colts ? ( Heh Heh )</P>

Better Luck ( OOOps there's that word again ) next timeLOSERS!</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="pino"]We got lucky?

I can live with that. Thanks Luck![/quote]Same here.. If they wanna say it's luck so be it. May we get lucky next year too!

[quote user="Brandon jacobs"]I am seeing more "Giants got lucky" haters.

Steelers, Pats and even the 49'ers!

LOL.. what a bunch of maroons.

[/quote]

jealousy and envy are powerful emotions.

Only Giants' fans could be happy with the results.

I respect many clubs. Packers, Steelers, Bills etc

If any of them win/ or won a SB, I can't say that I felt or will feel elation, euphoria or general satisfaction.

Even if the losing team was a NFCE rival.

I only have "feelings" for the New York Giants.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I got 4 rings,soon to be five!

All-Pro

[quote user="jjj45"]lol I love how they have a select few "lucky" plays that got us into the SB.

I can go back and look at every Superbowl champion and find "lucky" plays that got them into the SB. Thats football, you can't microanalyses every play.

I couldn't get over how much *****in' people are doing over how "it was all luck" that the Giants won the Superbowl this year. It's even worse now than when we won it all four years ago.

Hardest schedule, most injuries the league has had in years, and we "got lucky"
    [/quote]
    Let's not forget some of the worst calls and non calls I have ever seen in one season
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Superbowl Champs!

Go Giants!!!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread