+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

one thing for sure, JPP > OSI

the fact that jpp was lined up inside when osi came back was a joke. you can tell the difference , especially against the run with jpp starting.

Re: one thing for sure, JPP > OSI

JPP is a beast and he is very good against the run.

New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

[quote user="blueNorange"]the fact that jpp was lined up inside when osi came back was a joke. you can tell the difference , especially against the run with jpp starting.[/quote]

dont get me wrong, i think jpp is better. but wit all due respect id like to see jpp go against jason peters, like osi did
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Veteran

Right now, there isn't a defensive end in the NFL that is more dangerous than JPP.

[quote user="Marvelousmik"][quote user="blueNorange"]the fact that jpp was lined up inside when osi came back was a joke. you can tell the difference , especially against the run with jpp starting.[/quote]

dont get me wrong, i think jpp is better. but wit all due respect id like to see jpp go against jason peters, like osi did
    [/quote]I think JPP would have a better chance against him. Peters is a pretty big dude for a LT but still has the feet for handling speed rushers. JPP has more strength at this point and using power against Peters might give better results.

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="Marvelousmik"][quote user="blueNorange"]the fact that jpp was lined up inside when osi came back was a joke. you can tell the difference , especially against the run with jpp starting.[/quote]

[/quote]I think JPP would have a better chance against him. Peters is a pretty big dude for a LT but still has the feet for handling speed rushers. JPP has more strength at this point and using power against Peters might give better results.[/quote]

I remember game 1....JPP beat Peters, rushed Vick....Vick managed to avoid the rush....JPP turned around, pursued Vick all the way down the field, and clobbered Vick.

Meanwhile, Peters had already given up on the play.

Veteran

It's not even JPP > Osi, it's JPP > Osi AND Tuck. When JPP & Osi were on the field, didn't they tally up something like 8 sacks in 3 games? When JPP was starting in place of Osi in the beginning of the year with Tuck, both were highly effective.

Then we go back to Osi/Tuck lineup and our pass rush falls apart. Now today, Osi is out and JPP is back in a starting role and the pass rush, at points, looked FEROCIOUS. He just does something to this d-line that neither of those two can do anymore. He plays inspired football!

I wouldn't have said this at the start of training camp, but we have GOT to trade Osi. Nothing against him, but as long as he's suited-up, he's taking snaps at RDE away from JPP (mostly because our coaches value seniority over talent).
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

I really like Osi but I am not sure he has anything for the Giants...trade him and get what we can and let him finish up somewhere else...preferably in the AFC

Jpp ability to stay in th passing lane when hes not trying to create pressure is amazing. I never seen a DE go or get that many PD in a one game alone.. hes like playing better then our 3rd corner right now. Throw in the relentless motor and freak athletic player and we have our team a true baller who should never be on the bench. If we do the coaches need to get pimp smack