+ Reply to Thread

Was Petrus ready all along?

This young man had a fantastic performance tonight against B.J. Raji. He's been a significant upgrade at the LG position and there was a noticeable improvement in the running game with Boothe included.

Tonight's loss didn't really upset me but the thought that Petrus could of and probably should of been at LG this entire season frustrates me more. Our running game would of been better and not to mention less sacks allowed since DD has been utter crap this season.

Anyone else think Petrus could of started for us this season? It's like last year when we put O'Hara back in at Center. Coughlin is just too loyal to his starters and this could be something that we look back at when this season's over.

Veteran

Re: Was Petrus ready all along?

I find it hilarious that every time someone gets hurt our offensive line gets better. There certainly is a disconnect somewhere.

Same thing last year, when O'hara was hurt we were much better when Koats or Seubert were in at center, yet O'Hara keeps his job.

Same thing with Boothe.

Same thing with JPP.

Let's just be as stubborn as humanly possible.

Petrus and Boothe did great. They shut BJ Raji down completely.

I'm not sure when Diehl's contract expires, but I think his time as a Giant may be coming to a close.

McKenzie was the goat of the day. My gosh, did he get abused all day long.

[quote user="jhamburg"]I find it hilarious that every time someone gets hurt our offensive line gets better. There certainly is a disconnect somewhere.

Same thing last year, when O'hara was hurt we were much better when Koats or Seubert were in at center, yet O'Hara keeps his job.

Same thing with Boothe.

Same thing with JPP.

Let's just be as stubborn as humanly possible.[/quote] this tells me one thing, We have a lot of dead weight & overrated players

[quote user="Overdrive92"]Petrus and Boothe did great. They shut BJ Raji down completely.

I'm not sure when Diehl's contract expires, but I think his time as a Giant may be coming to a close.

McKenzie was the goat of the day. My gosh, did he get abused all day long.[/quote]

Not to mention Diehl is good for 1 or 2 dumb penalties a game.

I hope we get to see more of Petrus down the final stretch here so we get a good evalution to know if he's our future LG or not. It would make rebuilding the O-line much easier and allow us to draft a Center in rounds 2-3. Boothe has been playing good but I'm still not comfortable with his snaps and would prefer him at RG if Snee can't return to his Pro-Bowl form.

This also makes me wonder if Brewer has been ready too and if Tom is just being too loyal to these O-line players from the Super Bowl year.

We're the only team in the league that doesn't start our best players. I know that "starting" isn't all that important, but tell that to:

Petrus
    JPP
    Boothe
    Cruz

We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I hope we get to see more of Petrus down the final stretch here so we get a good evalution to know if he's our future LG or not. It would make rebuilding the O-line much easier and allow us to draft a Center in rounds 2-3. Boothe has been playing good but I'm still not comfortable with his snaps and would prefer him at RG if Snee can't return to his Pro-Bowl form.

This also makes me wonder if Brewer has been ready too and if Tom is just being too loyal to these O-line players from the Super Bowl year.[/quote] I actually thought Value wise Petrus was our best pick the yr he came out getting him in RD 5 when most had him as a 3rd round player Then u just didn't hear about him So i chalked it up to either next yr or i was wrong Its no surprise he played well by me