+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MLB Curtis Lofton

I hope we sign this guy in free agency

The guy is a tackling machine...he was fifth in the league in tackles with 147

He's gonna be 26 this year and he has never missed a game in his 4 year career

Plus he played with Boley in 2008 so maybe he can persuade Lofton to sign with us

And if we could get him, we could worry about other positions of need in the draft like OL, TE and RB

Bench Player

Re: MLB Curtis Lofton

love to but gotta get our own guys inked first.

won't be bad to go to war with boley, MK47, goff with jacq, chase, herzy and jones as backups

Look he's good and all, and there are very very very good and solid and youthful players, but you can't give underestimate the heart of a champion, Chase Blackburn.

Blackburn will never be an all pro linebacker, he won't ever be the best in coverage, or the best in run support, but god damn will he give his heart out on a play and make sure everyone else does? Yes.

Let's find Grant's replacement in our heavy nickel first.

I think we're good at LB, now. If there is an LB as best player available when we draft, then fine, but I don't think we need to break the bank on a FA for the position.

Kiwi, Blackburn / Goff, and Boley starting, with J.Williams and Herz backing up is looking pretty good now.

I'd rather see focus on the o-line and the secondary.

OL would be my priority first n foremost

[quote user="JJC7301"]I think we're good at LB, now. If there is an LB as best player available when we draft, then fine, but I don't think we need to break the bank on a FA for the position.

Kiwi, Blackburn / Goff, and Boley starting, with J.Williams and Herz backing up is looking pretty good now.

I'd rather see focus on the o-line and the secondary.[/quote]I say get a stud in FA or Draft if its available and a big upgrade or won't cost us much.

I think our 2ndry is pretty solid. Webster, Prince (now healthy & experienced), Bruce Johnson coming back as a Nickel or 4th db. Then add T2 or Ross for a reasonable price. Otherwise draft/fa back up.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]OL would be my priority first n foremost[/quote]I am between Oline and even a TE.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

OL, TE or BPA the way I see it

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="JJC7301"]I think we're good at LB, now. If there is an LB as best player available when we draft, then fine, but I don't think we need to break the bank on a FA for the position.

I'd rather see focus on the o-line and the secondary.[/quote]I say get a stud in FA or Draft if its available and a big upgrade or won't cost us much.

I think our 2ndry is pretty solid. Webster, Prince (now healthy & experienced), Bruce Johnson coming back as a Nickel or 4th db. Then add T2 or Ross for a reasonable price. Otherwise draft/fa back up.[/quote]
    If we draft one, I'm cool with it. But as CDN was pointing out in another thread about cap space, FAs tend to hurt more agains the cap. I don't know why.

Believe me -- I've been screaming for upgrades at the LB position for years. Now I'm satisfied with it. I want Kiwi to stay at LB and Boley has been great. I'm satisfied with Goff / Blackburn and they're not expensive, but I'll take the upgrade in the draft if the right one is available.

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]OL would be my priority first n foremost[/quote]I am between Oline and even a TE.[/quote]

I keep hearing Fleener would be a legit possibility at 32 but im not so sure that we should go TE with our 1st round pick....

I'm leaning towards OL or LB

though at the end of the day, I think we'll go the BPA route