+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

It's the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS...

NOT the NJ Giants despite being played in New Jersey. Besides, Eagles fans dominate southern NJ anyway.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ork-new-jersey

All-Pro

Re: It's the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS...

[quote user="aznNYG86"]

NOT the NJ Giants despite being played in New Jersey. Besides, Eagles fans dominate southern NJ anyway.

[/quote]

I am born and raised in NJ and I would not like it at all if the the Giants franchise changed their name to the NJ Giants. Not they are and nothing against NJ but to me it sounds like a "B" team or minor league team. NY Giants has a much more "swag" sound to it.

Keep it the way it is.

BTW.....**** all the PA fans in south jersey. Bunch of tools anyway...lol

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="aznNYG86"]

[/quote]I hate to break this to you but southern Jersey isn't New Jersey. []
    No one remembers who came in second.

Starter

I'm born and raised in NJ but do not want the name changed to NJ Giants. They are the NY Giants. They have been since the beginning and should stay that way.

[quote user="bert"]I'm born and raised in NJ but do not want the name changed to NJ Giants. They are the NY Giants. They have been since the beginning and should stay that way.[/quote]I'm a guy raised in Newark now living on Long Island and the only ones who make a big deal about this are the politicians. They are of course The New York Football Giants.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="aznNYG86"]

[/quote]

GROW UP... The NY in this is case is a tri-state thing...yes they are the NY giants and will ALWAYS be the NY giants...but the new yorkers who look down on NJ and get mad at us for calling them the NJ Giants need to get a reality check...they play in our state, won 4 superbowls in our state and we the people of new jersey fund more to the Giants then NY.... I also read a statistic that 80% of the fans in the stadium are from NJ..

So before you go bashing NJ maybe you should embrace what NJ has done for the GIANTS

If people from another continent ask me where I'm from, it's easier to say NY even though I'm an hour away in the suburbs of NJ.

It's all one metro area, and aside from NJN and NJ 101.5, we get NYC media.

Same as south Jersey is an extension of Philly, for the same reasons.

Besides, the big question is Staten Island -- how the heck is that part of NYC? (The real answer is that back in the colonial days England said if you could sail there and back in one day you can claim it, which they did when NJ was at a colonial low point).
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]If people from another continent ask me where I'm from, it's easier to say NY even though I'm an hour away in the suburbs of NJ.

It's all one metro area, and aside from NJN and NJ 101.5, we get NYC media.

Same as south Jersey is an extension of Philly, for the same reasons.

Besides, the big question is Staten Island -- how the heck is that part of NYC? (The real answer is that back in the colonial days England said if you could sail there and back in one day you can claim it, which they did when NJ was at a colonial low point).
    [/quote]Totally agreed, its the Metro Area not the actual city they play in. If that was the case we'd have the Irving Cowboys, Orchard Park Bills, Foxboro Pats, Charlotte Panthers, Landover Redskins, and the Glendale Cards.

Its all about what media do you recieve, in NY, NJ, and SW CT its all NYC media, the people support NY teams, take public transportation that serves NYC, and identify themselves with NY

I could careless where my fellow Giants fans are from as long as you're Giants fans
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

this is a discussion that has been burning in NY residents since the inception of the idea of moving to the swamp

when we heard of the team moving into NJ around 1973 I was still living in the Bronx and was very confused

my whole life we had been going to Yankee Stadium right down the street from where I grew up and it seemed very strange

but in 1974 I got married and moved to Berkeley Heights NJ .....and 2 years later Giants Stadium opens in E Rutherford

so it was perfect for me

they are of course eternally the NY Football Giants

but E Rutherford just happened to be the best option at the time and has proved to be a great decision by the Mara family

the Cowboys do not play in Dallas
    the Redskins do not play in Washington

so we are not the only ones

[quote user="aznNYG86"]

[/quote]

first off, north jersey is more new york than new york is

secondly, that stadium is there and the players are there. It is the NY Giants, but NYers need to get over the fact that its only by name.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game