+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli's Mistakes

Veteran

Eli's Mistakes

I hear a lot of people complaining about Eli's bad decisions that turn into interceptions. What you guys are missing is that we are a much different team now than we were a few years ago.

For the first part of Eli's career, we were a "smash mouth" running team with a solid defense. We really just needed Eli to be a game manager which is why it was so frustrating when he threw picks, because that was like the one thing that could beat us.

This new Eli, this isn't your father's Eli. Now we have no defense, we have no running game, we are putting the team on Eli's back every single game. And he's slinging throws 50 yards downfield, he's threading passes off his back foot, he's trying to relive the helmet catch play every time the pass rush gets through on 3rd down. And most of the time, these type of plays work out in our favor.

But guess what? You make risky throws all the time, some of them aren't going to work out. With Eli's new style of play he's going to throw picks every now and then. You have to take the good with the bad. If you want Eli to make better decisions, you have to give up the 50 yard bombs to Nicks in double coverage, the 3rd-and-17 back foot completions.

Do you really want Eli to be a game manager who checks it down every time on 3rd and long and throws it away when he's under pressure? Do you think we're going to beat any good teams like that, with our running game and our defense the way it is?

Veteran

Re: Eli's Mistakes

Anyone who says anything negative about Eli is either a blind hater or a complete moron. He's having a career year. He's been a top 5 QB all season long, IMO he's been the third best in the NFL behind Rodgers and Brees. He is the Giants. His margin for error is slim, for the Giants to win he has to go for 300, 2 -3 td's and no picks. He had one pick and the Giants lost. Rodgers also had a pick, same situation really, also to a LB, also lead to a TD, difference is Rodgers has a team that could over come his mistake.

[quote user="foosball"]Anyone who says anything negative about Eli is either a blind hater or a complete moron. He's having a career year. He's been a top 5 QB all season long, IMO he's been the third best in the NFL behind Rodgers and Brees. He is the Giants. His margin for error is slim, for the Giants to win he has to go for 300, 2 -3 td's and no picks. He had one pick and the Giants lost. Rodgers also had a pick, same situation really, also to a LB, also lead to a TD, difference is Rodgers has a team that could over come his mistake.
    [/quote] Its about "when the mistakes occur!" No ones debating eli being a solid QB but when your talking about this ELITE stuff U certainly would be foolish to not look at games like the Eagles game When our D gives up only 10points into the 4th QTER and our offense only gets 10for that game? Also a key Eli INT in that game Or the Fumble he had at the end of that game Or how about the pick 6 in week 1 by kerrigan? or how about the pick when were about to score in the Seahawk game? or the huge INT in the 9er game He is really good but it'd be nice to see a flawless game with no crucial mistake or mistakes from time to time Again hes definetly having a solid yr Just to many gutwrenching mistakes( i get that all players make mistakes but were not talking about all players being ELITE or carrying there teams and all that)

IN our 6losses ELI's thrown 9picks In our 6wins ELI's thrown 2int's Kinda gives u a idea of the way the big pick that is returned or sets up scores kills ya

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="foosball"]Anyone who says anything negative about Eli is either a blind hater or a complete moron.* He's having a career year.* He's been a top 5 QB all season long, IMO he's been the third best in the NFL behind Rodgers and Brees.* He is the Giants.* His margin for error is slim, for the Giants to win he has to go for 300, 2 -3 td's and no picks.* He had one pick and the Giants lost.* Rodgers also had a pick, same situation really, also to a LB, also lead to a TD, difference is Rodgers has a team that could over come his mistake.
    [/quote] Its about** "when the mistakes occur!"* No ones debating eli being a solid QB* but when your talking about this ELITE stuff** U certainly would be foolish to not look at** games like the Eagles game**** When our D gives up only 10points into the 4th QTER and our offense only gets 10for that game? Also a key Eli INT in that game**** Or the Fumble he had at the end of that game**** Or how about the pick 6 in week 1 by kerrigan? or how about the pick when were about to score in the Seahawk game? or* the huge INT in the 9er game**** He is really good but it'd be nice to see a flawless game with no crucial mistake or mistakes from time to time**** Again hes definetly having a solid yr** Just to many gutwrenching mistakes( i get that all players make mistakes but were not talking about all players being ELITE or carrying there teams and all that)
    [/quote]

The point is, that he's constantly in a situation where he has to force the ball downfield because we're losing or we're in a close game. Our defense doesn't let us hold on to any leads. It's easy for other "elite" qbs to make good decisions when they're up by 3 touchdowns.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="foosball"]Anyone who says anything negative about Eli is either a blind hater or a complete moron. He's having a career year. He's been a top 5 QB all season long, IMO he's been the third best in the NFL behind Rodgers and Brees. He is the Giants. His margin for error is slim, for the Giants to win he has to go for 300, 2 -3 td's and no picks. He had one pick and the Giants lost. Rodgers also had a pick, same situation really, also to a LB, also lead to a TD, difference is Rodgers has a team that could over come his mistake.
    [/quote] Its about "when the mistakes occur!" No ones debating eli being a solid QB but when your talking about this ELITE stuff U certainly would be foolish to not look at games like the Eagles game When our D gives up only 10points into the 4th QTER and our offense only gets 10for that game? Also a key Eli INT in that game Or the Fumble he had at the end of that game Or how about the pick 6 in week 1 by kerrigan? or how about the pick when were about to score in the Seahawk game? or the huge INT in the 9er game He is really good but it'd be nice to see a flawless game with no crucial mistake or mistakes from time to time Again hes definetly having a solid yr Just to many gutwrenching mistakes( i get that all players make mistakes but were not talking about all players being ELITE or carrying there teams and all that)
    [/quote]

The point is, that he's constantly in a situation where he has to force the ball downfield because we're losing or we're in a close game. Our defense doesn't let us hold on to any leads. It's easy for other "elite" qbs to make good decisions when they're up by 3 touchdowns.[/quote] Our defense basically WON us the PAT game by keeping the Patriots scoreless at the half! If NE has there usual 10-17 points by half Guess what? We lose! They held Philly to only ten points into the 4th qter and guess what? We lost! Of course NO and GB are gonna light us up becuase of the injuries our D has But still when your driving down in NO and u can take a 7-0 lead and u underthrow Ballard and it gets picked it just kills momentum! Or when u throw a pick 6 to Clay matthews in a game u gotta be basically flawless in order to win or at least turnover free It kills ya! THe dolphin game our offense had 10points going into the 4th qter! Seriously? COuld that have any thing to do with why were behind? The 9er game we had only 6points with 2minutes 30secon to go in the 3rd qter! We gotta stop waiting to do damage and score points! As good as our offense is It can be better and certainly a tad more consistent and less "HUGE" mistake prone

Dont get it twisted! I realize eli's having a solid yr! I just don't like hering the ELITE stuff for anyone unless its true And in this case its just simply not! Solid yes! Elite Heck no!

As disappointed as I was in the loss yesterday their is no way i'm putting this on Eli.

I figured we were going to have to match GB touchdown for touchdown, yard for yard and field goal for field goal to have a chance and Eli delivered big time. Best deep balls I have seen from Eli in a long time

Eli went toe to toe with Rogers all game and in my opinion wasn't the 2nd best QB on the field yesterday! if our defense was even somewhat adequate we should have beat GB big time yesterday

Eli is carrying this team this year and that is what we have always expected from him and that is what were getting!!

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="foosball"]Anyone who says anything negative about Eli is either a blind hater or a complete moron.* He's having a career year.* He's been a top 5 QB all season long, IMO he's been the third best in the NFL behind Rodgers and Brees.* He is the Giants.* His margin for error is slim, for the Giants to win he has to go for 300, 2 -3 td's and no picks.* He had one pick and the Giants lost.* Rodgers also had a pick, same situation really, also to a LB, also lead to a TD, difference is Rodgers has a team that could over come his mistake.
    [/quote] Its about** "when the mistakes occur!"* No ones debating eli being a solid QB* but when your talking about this ELITE stuff** U certainly would be foolish to not look at** games like the Eagles game**** When our D gives up only 10points into the 4th QTER and our offense only gets 10for that game? Also a key Eli INT in that game**** Or the Fumble he had at the end of that game**** Or how about the pick 6 in week 1 by kerrigan? or how about the pick when were about to score in the Seahawk game? or* the huge INT in the 9er game**** He is really good but it'd be nice to see a flawless game with no crucial mistake or mistakes from time to time**** Again hes definetly having a solid yr** Just to many gutwrenching mistakes( i get that all players make mistakes but were not talking about all players being ELITE or carrying there teams and all that)
    [/quote]

The point is, that he's constantly in a situation where he has to force the ball downfield because we're losing or we're in a close game. Our defense doesn't let us hold on to any leads. It's easy for other "elite" qbs to make good decisions when they're up by 3 touchdowns.[/quote] Our defense basically WON us the PAT game by keeping the Patriots scoreless at the half! If NE has there usual 10-17 points by half**** Guess what? We lose!* They held Philly to only ten points into the 4th qter and guess what? We lost!* Of course NO and GB are gonna light us up* becuase of the injuries our D has** But still when your driving down in NO and u can take a 7-0 lead and u underthrow Ballard and it gets picked**** it just kills momentum!* Or when u throw a pick 6 to Clay matthews in a game u gotta be basically flawless in order to win or at least turnover free**** It kills ya!** THe dolphin game our offense had 10points going into the 4th qter! Seriously? COuld that have any thing to do with why were behind?** The 9er game we had only 6points with 2minutes 30secon to go in the 3rd qter!* We gotta stop waiting to do damage and score points!** As good as our offense is** It can be better and certainly a tad more consistent and less "HUGE" mistake prone

*Dont get it twisted!* I realize eli's having a solid yr!* I just don't like hering the ELITE stuff for anyone unless its true** And in this case its just simply not!** Solid yes! Elite* Heck no!
    [/quote]

+1

[quote user="BigBlueFanNJ"]As disappointed as I was in the loss yesterday their is no way i'm putting this on Eli. I figured we were going to have to match GB touchdown for touchdown, yard for yard and field goal for field goal to have a chance and Eli delivered big time. Best deep balls I have seen from Eli in a long time Eli went toe to toe with Rogers all game and in my opinion wasn't the 2nd best QB on the field yesterday! if our defense was even somewhat adequate we should have beat GB big time yesterday Eli is carrying this team this year and that is what we have always expected from him and that is what were getting!![/quote]

+1

+1