+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: I want Vontaze Burfict

Remember this guy, a lot of Giant fans wanted him a couple years back as well. Not saying this will happen w/ Burfict but his on field issues won't be overlooked.

Rey Maualuga Allegedly Swings At Manager In Bar Fight

Rey Maualuga arrested in DUI in Kentucky; underage female

Veteran

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Remember this guy, a lot of Giant fans wanted him a couple years back as well. Not saying this will happen w/ Burfict but his on field issues won't be overlooked.

[/quote]

Yeah, but everyone keeps implying that he's going to get arrested if he plays for us but has he even gotten into any trouble off the field? I mean I know there's a correlation there, but just because you're super intense on the field doesn't mean you're a troublemaker in general. Think Ndamukong Suh.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Remember this guy, a lot of Giant fans wanted him a couple years back as well. Not saying this will happen w/ Burfict but his on field issues won't be overlooked.

[/quote]

Yeah, but everyone keeps implying that he's going to get arrested if he plays for us but has he even gotten into any trouble off the field? I mean I know there's a correlation there, but just because you're super intense on the field doesn't mean you're a troublemaker in general. Think Ndamukong Suh.[/quote]
    I would still take Suh. Suh is a monster.

[quote user="Martyr"]I don't want him at all, what's he going to do after he gets paid? Id like to think the giants steer clear let the Bengels draft him[/quote]Cocaine!!!! is what he will do when he gets money.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Remember this guy, a lot of Giant fans wanted him a couple years back as well. Not saying this will happen w/ Burfict but his on field issues won't be overlooked.

[/quote]

Yeah, but everyone keeps implying that he's going to get arrested if he plays for us but has he even gotten into any trouble off the field? I mean I know there's a correlation there, but just because you're super intense on the field doesn't mean you're a troublemaker in general. Think Ndamukong Suh.[/quote]Like I said, there's no question the talent is there, but I'm just not a fan of taking him at 32 overall. If he's still on the board in round 2, the value/need/desire/talent/potential is all there and you gotta take the guy IMO. He's a classic "boom or bust", "hit or miss" type prospect.

[quote user="giantman8493"][quote user="Martyr"]I don't want him at all, what's he going to do after he gets paid? Id like to think the giants steer clear let the Bengels draft him[/quote]Cocaine!!!! is what he will do when he gets money.[/quote]
    like LT?

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="giantman8493"][quote user="Martyr"]I don't want him at all, what's he going to do after he gets paid? Id like to think the giants steer clear let the Bengels draft him[/quote]Cocaine!!!! is what he will do when he gets money.[/quote]
    like LT?[/quote]

I really hate when people make that comparison. LT was never a bad teammate. Some of Burficts own teammates implied he hurt them more last year than he helped.

LT had personal issues, but they never lost us football games. Burfict's problems did lose ASU football games. Its just that simple. Its also a different day and age. Likely LT would not have been able to do the things today that he did back then(im talking the off the field stuff here).

Then there is Burficts 2011 tape. Its very average. In 2010, he was a star. In 2011 he wasnt even the best LB on his own team.

Lastly, there is the Giants. An organization known for drafting character with a head coach who values character. I just dont see this team drafting him at 32. Now, maybe if he falls deeper into the draft, then he becomes a worthy gamble. But with the amount a 1st rounder earns, and potential sunk cost of drafting a guy who could be a boom or complete bust, I just dont see any way we take him at 32. Its not Giant-like.

He can be really good. I don't think he gets taken in round 1 though.

First of all, he has no off the field issues. Everything in question has to do with his on-field exploits, which deservingly has him falling lower and lower. There is nothing LT about him. He won't play MLB in Fewell's system.

Starter

Anyone thinks the Ravens pass him up?? I don't.