+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salary cap 2012

Salary cap 2012

Anybody have a link to where I might be able to find some info on where our salary cap sits for next season. Would love to know how much money the Giants have to sign their free agents and what kind of free agents they might be able to bring in. From what Reese said in his interview today, it looks like they are going to be working with the same figure from this season. I don't know if that is good or bad for us.

Re: Salary cap 2012

It looks like the giants will try to bring a handful of our free agents back and then possibly have enough for another cheap 1 or 2 free agents at best. Numbers appear to be tight this year and we have alot of free agents this year and alot of our young stars with contracts ending within the next year or two so we cant go crazy. alot will depend on what guys we are able to retain this year and what may happen if cruz gets more money and all. i dont believe the official cap is set for next year yet but its projected to be at about 124 mil (someone please correct this if it is wrong).

Re: Salary cap 2012

i wouldn't expect any free agents, unless their cheaper replacements of guys we couldn't afford.

our improvement will come from getting injured players back.