+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giant salaries. Contracts by player. Where's the cap space?

Here's a site with each player's contract.

Anyone see any flaw in these figures? Is there another site out there that's more accurate?

Please chime in with 1) other sites and 2) what Jerry Reese is to do.

How are Osi, Jacobs, Cruz supposed to be rewarded?

And how will Jerry pay 'Deadlegs'?

Re: Giant salaries. Contracts by player. Where's the cap space?

We don't have any. We will be at or above the cap for next year. Guys are going to have to restructure or get cut. Jacobs definitely won't be rewarded, he's already due $5m next season. He's going to have to take A LOT less to stay.

I don't expect us to make any splashes in FA; we just don't have the room to.

this is why the giants FO pay well educated and college graduates to figure that out and thank god they don't rely on us Arm chair GMs.

they will find a way to keep the players they need and you will be happy with it regardless of how well you think you know the ins and outs of the organizations financial situation

[quote user="raintheory"]this is why the giants FO pay well educated and college graduates to figure that out and thank god they don't rely on us Arm chair GMs.

they will find a way to keep the players they need and you will be happy with it regardless of how well you think you know the ins and outs of the organizations financial situation
    [/quote]

I trust the FO to do all they can to make things work. I was just saying that they're going to be very busy in so doing.

I'm sure we won't be happy with everything that happens, but they will certainly do everything they can to make sure we can put up a solid title defense.

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="raintheory"]this is why the giants FO pay well educated and college graduates to figure that out and thank god they don't rely on us Arm chair GMs.

[/quote]

I trust the FO to do all they can to make things work. I was just saying that they're going to be very busy in so doing.

I'm sure we won't be happy with everything that happens, but they will certainly do everything they can to make sure we can put up a solid title defense.

[/quote]

srry that wasn't for you it was for the OP

with his Deadlegs comment im only hoping he wasn't talking about chad jones when said that cause that was not cool

[quote user="raintheory"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

srry that wasn't for you it was for the OP

with his Deadlegs comment im only hoping he wasn't talking about chad jones when said that cause that was not cool
    [/quote]

"Deadlegs" is the' nickname players gave to Chase Blackburn. That's speaking of his lack of shape when he first came back to the Giants.

Chad Jones has life into his! He's another Giants miracle on the next team. Can't wait for training camp to see him excel in the LSU backfield.

safe to say, its really improbable that anyone still under contract isn't getting a raise this year.

One required savings in the list is going to likely be Kareem McKenzie vs. his expiring contract of $5.5 million per year. I'm taking a guess of coming back for one year at $2.5 million.

We may need a fan board capologist, however. [:O]

[quote user="Drez"]

We don't have any. We will be at or above the cap for next year. Guys are going to have to restructure or get cut. Jacobs definitely won't be rewarded, he's already due $5m next season. He's going to have to take A LOT less to stay.

I don't expect us to make any splashes in FA; we just don't have the room to.

[/quote]
    And we don't need FA splashes -- just draft correctly and keep our own guys.

Cut some dead weight, a few restructers,resign our guys, and one nice FA signing and ill be thrilled........
    Also just wondering,considering the way he played is there any way Baas restructers??