+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Franchise Weatherford!

Franchise Weatherford!

He's one of the greatest unsung heroes of the team, always pinning the opponent within the 10 if not the 5. That intentional grounding safety doesn't happen without him, the OT FG against the niners gets pulled without his expert handling of a low snap, things like that. If we had him in the 2010 season, we wouldn't STILL be talking about djax screwing us over royally. Also, punters are relatively inexpensive to franchise, and Weatherford definitely earned his paycheck this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Veteran

Re: Franchise Weatherford!

Why not just sign him to a long term deal?

Well that's preferable, but if nothing is working out, I definitely want him on next year's team. I'm still putting him at the top of the franchise list among our FA's though.

Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

They're working on a deal now. Franchising someone who verbally committed to your team is stupid. You're just adding guaranteed money to his contract.

Id love to see him get inked up for us for the long run. He had a damned good season and an OUTSTANDING SB, the guy deserves it...
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="bLuereverie"]They're working on a deal now. Franchising someone who verbally committed to your team is stupid. You're just adding guaranteed money to his contract.[/quote]

Is he verbally committed to the team? /i mean that's excellent if he is, I just didnt see any indications that he was.

hands down the most underrated player on the team

I dont see Weatherford Leaving. he seems happy with the Giants even before they won the Super Bowl

If anyones interested Weatherford will be at Hooters in Wayne NJ on Saturday

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I dont see Weatherford Leaving. he seems happy with the Giants even before they won the Super Bowl[/quote]
    yea....you could tell his main motivator was proving that the Jets were wrong, and indeed he did

+ Reply to Thread