+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terrible officiating

What the **** was that

Re: Terrible officiating

What was up with TC challenging plays that I could see from my TV were just not going to be overturned???

And then he's all running out to midfield all angry. . .give me a break.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Anyone have video of the Driver sideline catch? Looked to me that he was out of bounds before he caught the ball. The Ballard TD was clearly not and that was a dumb challenge, but the Driver one, even looking at replay at the stadium, looked like it was a good challenge.

Too many close calls went GB way. Especially the TD to Jennings and the bogus illegal contact call on Williams after the sack.

With every loss comes the huge number of threads complaining about the refs.

Nonsense.

The refs could have called illegal contact on our DBs ALL GAME if they chose to.

I saw our secondary players bumping and rerouting past the 5 yards all game. We were lucky these were not called.

Stop making excuses.

[quote user="CTGiants"]Anyone have video of the Driver sideline catch? Looked to me that he was out of bounds before he caught the ball. The Ballard TD was clearly not and that was a dumb challenge, but the Driver one, even looking at replay at the stadium, looked like it was a good challenge. Too many close calls went GB way. Especially the TD to Jennings and the bogus illegal contact call on Williams after the sack.[/quote]Drivers back touched the ground before possession was made. He touched the ball before his back hit the ground but he did not squeeze until he was out of bounds.Also on the GB TD im now even more confused about the catch rule. U either need to take 2 steps with a secured ball or take it to the ground to complete the catch. He did not take 2 steps with the ball secured

[quote user="BlueSanta"]With every loss comes the huge number of threads complaining about the refs.

Nonsense.

The refs could have called illegal contact on our DBs ALL GAME if they chose to.

I saw our secondary players bumping and rerouting past the 5 yards all game. We were lucky these were not called.

Stop making excuses.
    [/quote]Yes I do agree with this as well the Giants got away with 5 yard contact penalties.They also got called for one that was a BS one. Im glad though the Giants were hitting the receivers Ive been screaming for this since the beginning of the season. The LB's need to chip these inside routes. Pound on these guys some

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"]With every loss comes the huge number of threads complaining about the refs.

Nonsense.

Stop making excuses.
    [/quote]

They could have also called pushing off on the Green Bay receivers all game long. That illegal contact call against Williams should have been offset by Finley pushing off of him.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="CTGiants"]Anyone have video of the Driver sideline catch? Looked to me that he was out of bounds before he caught the ball. The Ballard TD was clearly not and that was a dumb challenge, but the Driver one, even looking at replay at the stadium, looked like it was a good challenge. Too many close calls went GB way. Especially the TD to Jennings and the bogus illegal contact call on Williams after the sack.[/quote]Drivers back touched the ground before possession was made. He touched the ball before his back hit the ground but he did not squeeze until he was out of bounds.Also on the GB TD im now even more confused about the catch rule. U either need to take 2 steps with a secured ball or take it to the ground to complete the catch. He did not take 2 steps with the ball secured[/quote]

YEP. worse then the one they called on Calvin Johnson. IF you make a rule that say you have to take 2steps or maintain control all the way through play or to the ground, then call it consistent. Everytime i see that play game after game they overrule it. Vs us its upheld..

on the Driver play, not sure about what you said about his Back touching, didnt notice it. but i think what the poster may have been talking about is if he stepped out of the back of the endzone prior to even making the catch. He may have. Prob was they didnt have another angle on it from the other side to see if his foot was indeed out. You could not make a call based on that 1 angle they showed

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Nonsense.

Stop making excuses.*
    [/quote]

i rarely complain about the refs. But jennings dropped the ball in the endzone and they gave him a touchdown, how can you defend that?