+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey Warner...SHUT UP!!!

He keeps mentioning QBs that put a team on their backs. Eli had freaking EIGHT 4th quarter comebacks including a Super Bowl MVP performance. Throw in the dynamics of the ridiculous amount of injuries to our starting defense and how bad the defense played earlier in the year. How the hell is that NOT putting a team on your back??

When Warner played with the Rams they ran 5 wide against everyone. Every receiver had exceptional speed. No one could defend it. He had at least one guy running free on every damn play. Difficult throws in THAT offense? Hardly any. If there were ANY throws that were difficult it was because he chose to make the throw to that particular receiver NOT because it was the only place left to go! I ask you: Is that putting a team on your back??

Re: Hey Warner...SHUT UP!!!

Well said and I agree 100%! The only time Warner was "amazing" in a season is when he had the best receiving core in the nfl! F him, he's a hater and jealous of Eli!
    "Remain in what you are, the center of your life
    You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

About putting the team on his back Warner said he needs to do this for more than 1season. Its not so much what Warner said but how he said it. He was a little too aggressive in his attitude IMO.

I have no prob with whoever saying if Eli's career ended tomorrow he would go to the HOF. I kind of agree. Two more seasons with stats like he has been having and he is a lock.

Warner also said he wished he had 2 rings too. He took nothing away from Eli he just feels he needs more seasons of similar play to acheive the HOF. Basically he is saying Eli is playing like a HOFer he just doesnt have the body workor length of time in yet.

I thought he could have toned down his presentation of it though.

BTW...Warners stats and achievments as a QB has 0 to do with what he thinks or says on this topic.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Warner is right about Eli and Eli needs to keep on playing at a high level.

He has talked a ton of talking lately. I don't know where this comes from.

[quote user="Down-lifer"]Well said and I agree 100%! The only time Warner was "amazing" in a season is when he had the best receiving core in the nfl! F him, he's a hater and jealous of Eli![/quote]I think that when Warner came to the Rams, all of the Hall of Fame players were nobodies then as time went by, they start doing well because of Warner who was a real good passer. I think that Marshal Faulk was a new type of rb in Kurts time with the Rams.

[quote user="Diamondring"]Warner is right about Eli and Eli needs to keep on playing at a high level.[/quote]
    this.....let's be honest folks, this is by far Eli's best year. If he keeps this up, there is no doubt at all that he will be a HOFer

I want to say there's a bit of sour grapes in there but you got to see this from non-Giant fans or an analyst's perspective. If you're not a G-men fan, you're probably sick to death about all the Eli conversations going on (is he better than Peyton, is he a future HOFer, is he as good as Brady)....people are just going overboard with all this stuff, and Eli himself doesn't get involved with any of that, rightfully so.

Veteran

Torrey Holt, Issac Bruce and Marshall Faulk were nobody's until Warner came? Ahhh, Ok... there third reciver was az hakim who was one of the fastest players in football, they also had one of the best O-lines in football..

that said, people are being too sensitive, What kurt said is correct, Eli is going in a hall of fame direction but hasn`t done enough yet, that is totally true

[quote user="Diamondring"][quote user="Down-lifer"]Well said and I agree 100%! The only time Warner was "amazing" in a season is when he had the best receiving core in the nfl! F him, he's a hater and jealous of Eli![/quote]I think that when Warner came to the Rams, all of the Hall of Fame players were nobodies then as time went by, they start doing well because of Warner who was a real good passer. I think that Marshal Faulk was a new type of rb in Kurts time with the Rams.[/quote]

Yeah, Marshall Faulk sucked until he started getting handed the ball in that special way that only Kurt Warner knows....
    #80 et reversus est fortitudo

[quote user="Snappinnecks"]He keeps mentioning QBs that put a team on their backs. Eli had freaking EIGHT 4th quarter comebacks including a Super Bowl MVP performance. Throw in the dynamics of the ridiculous amount of injuries to our starting defense and how bad the defense played earlier in the year. How the hell is that NOT putting a team on your back??

When Warner played with the Rams they ran 5 wide against everyone. Every receiver had exceptional speed. No one could defend it. He had at least one guy running free on every damn play. Difficult throws in THAT offense? Hardly any. If there were ANY throws that were difficult it was because he chose to make the throw to that particular receiver NOT because it was the only place left to go! I ask you: Is that putting a team on your back??[/quote]You forgot to mention that we had no running game and Warner had a hall of fame RB in Marshal Faulk.