+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

At the cost of getting flamed.....

Raiders release CB Stanford Routt.......this guy is a good CB...maybe we should bring him in and take a look

Re: At the cost of getting flamed.....

i wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign one FA this year.

and if we do, it'll be to replace a salary with a cheaper salary.

My beef with FA is there's no 'deals' out there. you always end up paying basically max dollars possible.

That's why Rolle is a $9 million hit this year, Canty is an almost $8 million hit this year, and Baas is only $800k short of what the Jets pay Mangold.

FAs tie your hands in future years because you're paying maximum market value.

The question is what would his price be? He is a talented DB and we have so many of our own FA's.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

i wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign one FA this year.

and if we do, it'll be to replace a salary with a cheaper salary.

My beef with FA is there's no 'deals' out there. you always end up paying basically max dollars possible.

That's why Rolle is a $9 million hit this year, Canty is an almost $8 million hit this year, and Baas is only $800k short of what the Jets pay Mangold.

FAs tie your hands in future years because you're paying maximum market value.

[/quote]

100% agreed.

The Baas signing was the worse signing Reese has made since being the GM of the giants. He was average with the 49ers I really don't see what they saw in his "talent". Boothe has been much better IMHO.

[quote user="CruzSoldier"]The Baas signing was the worse signing Reese has made since being the GM of the giants. He was average with the 49ers I really don't see what they saw in his "talent". Boothe has been much better IMHO.[/quote]

...just like trading for Eli was the worst move many thought

guy stepped it up in the biggest stage there is in football. Baas played great

Lets give the guy another year before we decide about him. Many said the same thing about Boley and Canty and they have been beasts for us.

He had a year of learning a new offense and gelling with new players with no offseason and alot of injury problems.

Lets judge at the end of next year
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

We're more than filled at CB. TT, Webster, Ross (if we keep him), and Prince (who won't be as green this year)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="CruzSoldier"]The Baas signing was the worse signing Reese has made since being the GM of the giants. He was average with the 49ers I really don't see what they saw in his "talent". Boothe has been much better IMHO.[/quote]

Lets give the guy another year before we decide about him.* Many said the same thing about Boley and Canty and they have been beasts for us.

He had a year of learning a new offense and gelling with new players with no offseason and alot of injury problems.

[/quote]
    I didn't here wilforks name being called a lot

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]We're more than filled at CB. TT, Webster, Ross (if we keep him), and Prince (who won't be as green this year)[/quote]

TT & Ross are FAs

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="CruzSoldier"]The Baas signing was the worse signing Reese has made since being the GM of the giants. He was average with the 49ers I really don't see what they saw in his "talent". Boothe has been much better IMHO.[/quote]

Lets give the guy another year before we decide about him. Many said the same thing about Boley and Canty and they have been beasts for us.

[/quote]
    I didn't here wilforks name being called a lot[/quote]

yea tahts what i'm sayin. They also had their other fat guy on him alot and he did a good job on him as well