+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who is the one big $$ contract you would cut/trade this offseason to save some CAP?

Straight up I would ditch David Baas C.

Re: Who is the one big $$ contract you would cut/trade this offseason to save some CAP?

Baas had a poor year for sure. Boothe looked o.k. at center. This way you could work in Petrus.

Re: Who is the one big $$ contract you would cut/trade this offseason to save some CAP?

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Straight up I would ditch David Baas C.[/quote]

Jacobs.

One of the biggest, if not THE biggest, cap mess relative to contribution is our RBs.

Combined their getting about $11 million cap allocation this year. Jacobs is almost $7 of that.

That's basically a crime. Outright crime.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Baas had a poor year for sure. Boothe looked o.k. at center. This way you could work in Petrus.[/quote]

we wouldn't save any money on the cap.

the un-amortized portion of his bonus would be dead money this year against the cap.

i think we signed him for 4 or 5 years. To cut him after only one year doesn't make alot of sense.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Jacobs.

One of the biggest, if not THE biggest, cap mess relative to contribution is our RBs.

Combined their getting about $11 million cap allocation this year.* Jacobs is almost $7 of that.

That's basically a crime.* Outright crime.

[/quote]

I love Jacobs......but I know he needs to go. HIs production has been crap, and he is hogging up cap space with his contract.

All-Pro

Baas and Canty. Keep Canty if he would take a cut, because he is way overpaid. Marvin Austin will also be in next season I hope. Baas was horrible at run blocking. Just awful. Way overpaid. We could plug in some younger cheaper guys and get the same value IMO. Jacobs will prbably get cut as well, if "I got a ring" can fill his spot.

Also, as great as Eli is, his salary is going to handycap us for the next 4 years. It is a huge amount of money. He needs to really readjust his numbers if he wants a good team around him. 17M in 2015/16? Ouch.

[quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Jacobs.

Combined their getting about $11 million cap allocation this year. Jacobs is almost $7 of that.

[/quote] I love Jacobs......but I know he needs to go. HIs production has been crap, and he is hogging up cap space with his contract.[/quote]

i don't mind the crap production.

he's just not worth 4/5thsof what Adrian Peterson is getting this year (that's a fact).

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Jacobs.

[/quote] I love Jacobs......but I know he needs to go. HIs production has been crap, and he is hogging up cap space with his contract.[/quote]

i don't mind the crap production.

he's just not worth 4/5thsof what Adrian Peterson is getting this year (that's a fact).

[/quote]
    I love how he's a big time Giant and that he was willing to restructure his contract for Bradshaw. He has also, a few times, been more effective than Bradshaw.

I don't mind us letting him go for cap space but we need to find a replacement, I don't think Bradshaw and Ware would be a good combo.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

IMHO...guys like T2, Hixon......they won't be back. Even IF they are willing to take a low $ contract as a way to gauge their performance after injury......do we really take a shot on guys that have had re-injuries on the same extremities? T2 and Hix have had ACL injury on the same joint/leg.....

Trade Osi Umenyiora.

Cut BrandonJacobs.

Fat contract for Victor Cruz.
    Fat contract for Justin Tuck.

Try resign Mario Manningham.
    Try resign Terrell Thomas.