+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Play GM with the Giants DE's. What do you do?

We all know the DE's, how much they cost, their ages and capabilities. What do you do?

This is a very tricky situation.

Will Osi's career last as long as Strahan? What if he lasts another four years? That's a lot of football

Tuck - Captain or not, with all these injuries, what level will he playing at in three years? Will he last three years? This is a strong, tight man (when compared to a "wirey" Osi) who still is only around 278lbs and goes on the inside often. Like a RB that takes a pounding, do the wheels fall off this guy overnight? He dishes out as much punishment as he takes.

Kiwi - The forgotton one. With speculation of Osi getting traded, etc, I have two questions.

a. How many more years will a younger Kiwi last when compared to Osi and Tuck? He did have a mysterious neck ailment
    b. How much is a guy worth in a trade who is 28 yrs old, can play DE and LB in 4-3 and likely OLB in a 3-4 with the option of putting his hand on the ground and blitzing from the outside like Ware? He's got one more year at $4 million.

JPP is a given - the rest is very tricky. IMO, Kiwi could return the most in a trade b/c of his versatility and age. If either, or bot,h of the other two go down or have a drop off in performance, the Giants are going to kick themselves if the forgotton one isn't wearing blue.

Tricky - what do you do? (emotions aside)

Re: Play GM with the Giants DE's. What do you do?

We will draft another on this year as an insurance policy just in case.... I know we love DE's so getting another one (or two) will def be up JR's sleeve... #bankonit

I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not so worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Decisions like these are why I'd never want to be a GM. I'm thinking with Osi, that both the market and supply/demand for his pass-rushing services, may price us out and thus the situation may take care of itself...

I, for one, would like nothing more than for them all to retire as a member of the Giants. But I'm bracing myself for that NOT being the reality []

Veteran

[quote user="Tony Bruno"]

We will draft another on this year as an insurance policy just in case....* I know we love DE's so getting another one (or two) will def be up JR's sleeve...* #bankonit

[/quote]

If one slips in the first round, a new DE would certainly lessen the leverage of all the DE's besides JPP. 32nd overall is a quite a slip although that's around where Kiwi went.

Osi's trade value isn't high enough to compensate you for the loss of production, so see if he'll play out the last year of his contract.

the big one is Canty, his cap hit this year is almost $8 million, and he's on the 3rd year of his deal i think.

That might give us the opportunity to see if he'll reduce his number, and if not put us in a position where we could cut him and save some dough.

tuck and JPP are signed through to 2014 so there's no rush to do anything there.

i'd definitely resign Kiwi. he's a priority IMHO.

Veteran

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Osi's trade value isn't high enough to compensate you for the loss of production, so see if he'll play out the last year of his contract.

the big one is Canty, his cap hit this year is almost $8 million, and he's on the 3rd year of his deal i think.

That might give us the opportunity to see if he'll reduce his number, and if not put us in a position where we could cut him and save some dough.

tuck and JPP are signed through to 2014 so there's no rush to do anything there.

i'd definitely resign Kiwi.* he's a priority IMHO.

[/quote]

Good post and I agree. Canty's contract is an issue.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

i'd definitely resign Kiwi. he's a priority IMHO.

[/quote]Kiwi is def a high priority for me, he's super versatile and we LOVE versatility on both sides of the ball

I would def keep enough money around to sign JPP for life, LOL. 2014 is closer than we would like to think.

With only 2 more seasons of Tuck under contract, I would start looking into another DE with next years draft. This year I wanna focus more on OT's and 2ndary, maybe another beastly DT like what we thought we had in Austin before he got hurt.

I REALLY dont wanna get rid of Canty cause he had a monster year and I have a sweet spot for local kids playing on the NYG's, but that contract is killing us. We need a restructure and an incentive based contract, hell if he had an incentive based contract he probably would have made more money this season
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

All-Pro

i let Osi play out his contract, he should have a great year in an effort to attract a team to overpay him as a FA

i'd love to lock up JPP for 5 years if possible

Tuck is under contract, monitor his injury status this year to help with decisions later

leave Kiwi at LB, so we can justify paying him starter $$$ and to keep him happy being a starter

as always, draft up another one, because you simply can not have enough pass rushers ... not saying 1st round, but you try to find another diamond in the rough

Canty's incentive is getting another Ring. He knows the Giants will be even stronger this year. He;s made His dough, and got His ring. It's time for Canty Clause to give something back.