+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What other QB does Eli Manning remind me of

I may get lambasted on the boards for this one but although they played in different systems, Eli Manning really reminds me a lot of Troy Aikman in his mechanics, arm strengh, precision, cool demeanor and the way he plays the game.

Veteran

Re: What other QB does Eli Manning remind me of

Joe Montana

Phil Simms
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

All-Pro

i think he is a combination ... i can see some Aikman, but Aikman had the great wall of china protecting him for the better part of his career and struggled without it

also Aikman's favorite receiver was Jay Novacek, a TE, and Eli has never really had that type of a thing going with a TE

i see some montana/elway with the clutch drives, yes some Favre in that he is confident that he can make that perfect throw even vs. coverage, a little Big Ben in that he is brave in the pocket and, of course, his brother ... in the way he can change plays at the line and is pointing here there and everywhere ... along with the physical size of the Manning boys

oh and his pocket awareness and subtle movement in the pocker this year was really very good ... i'd probably put that 2nd to his keeping the ball lower and reducing INTs as his biggest improvement ... all the QBs mentioned in this post had great pocket awareness

He's starting to remind me of Peyton Manning.
    Do not feed the trolls.

reminds me of Bernie Kosar

College star

Draft day drama

Quality thrower of the football who at times looked clumsy but was a brilliant football player

tell me he doesnt look a bit like Eli out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8WGI5TEFew

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]Joe Montana[/quote]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]reminds me of Bernie Kosar

College star

Draft day drama

Quality thrower of the football who at times looked clumsy but was a brilliant football player[/quote]

A perfect cross between Joe Montana (4th quarter clutch on the biggest stage) and Bernie Kosar (scrambles like a marionette with a string cut).

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

[quote user="YATittle1962"]reminds me of Bernie Kosar

College star

Draft day drama

Quality thrower of the football who at times looked clumsy but was a brilliant football player

[/quote]

oh man Kosar was incredibly awkward in his throwing motion ... Billy Kilmer would have been a better compliment ... Eli is pretty sound in his throwing mechanics ... he does entertain when he is in escape mode

I can't imagine the flak I'll take for saying this, but right now Eli reminds me of Tom Brady early in his career - not doing much in the regular season, but coming through in the clutch and stacking up the Lombardi trophies.

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="YATittle1962"]reminds me of Bernie Kosar

College star

Draft day drama

[/quote]

oh man Kosar was incredibly awkward in his throwing motion ... Billy Kilmer would have been a better compliment ... Eli is pretty sound in his throwing mechanics ... he does entertain when he is in escape mode[/quote]

he is sound in his mechanics.....but just by his nature...Eli looks awkward on certain throws and has the amazing ability to make the very difficult throws from very uncomfortable looking positions the way Kosar did