+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

If Eli restructures,Osi could return

Osi wanted a new deal and didn't get it.Yet,he played hard and we probably wouldn't had won it all without him.The giants can't expect Osi to play again next year without a new deal.And we probably don't have the cap space to give it to him.If Eli restructured next years money to a later year to Give Osi say 7 million next year and free agency the next,he could return and we could keep that pass rush for one more run.And the legend of Eli,ultimate team player would grow to legendary levels.Before you say Eli'de rather keep Manningham,that's much bigger money and I think Eli would rather bring Steve Smith back over Manningham anyway.If we have to trade Osi we'de be lucky to get a 3rd round pick.He's much more valuable to us than that.Just a thought.What do you guys think?

Re: If Eli restructures,Osi could return

The last guy who needs a pay cut is Eli.

All-Pro

If Eli restructures it would be to keep Manningham or sign a TE. Tony Gonzalez anyone?

[quote user="pica01"]Osi wanted a new deal and didn't get it.Yet,he played hard and we probably wouldn't had won it all without him.The giants can't expect Osi to play again next year without a new deal.And we probably don't have the cap space to give it to him.If Eli restructured next years money to a later year to Give Osi say 7 million next year and free agency the next,he could return and we could keep that pass rush for one more run.And the legend of Eli,ultimate team player would grow to legendary levels.Before you say Eli'de rather keep Manningham,that's much bigger money and I think Eli would rather bring Steve Smith back over Manningham anyway.If we have to trade Osi we'de be lucky to get a 3rd round pick.He's much more valuable to us than that.Just a thought.What do you guys think?[/quote]

he played hard, when he decided to play

some owuld say he milked his injury and had to be talked back into play for the end of the season...

Eli has restructured already last year. Asking him to do it two years in a row after winning a superbowl is abit much for me.

Osi is 50/50 on being here... i give only a shot in hell that Mario is a Giant
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="TuckYou"]

If Eli restructures it would be to keep Manningham or sign a TE. Tony Gonzalez anyone?

[/quote]

Gonzo already signed in ATL

and hell no...

We have proven that we don't need an overpaid TE. We've made some pretty average players look better than they were. Personally i'd prefer a more blocking TE to help with the run game.

And for whatever u want, it hsould be through the draft

One other thing.If we do have to trade Osi and want to maximize what we get for him I don't see a better fit then the Jets.I know,we probably would never trade him there,but a pure pass rusher is the Jets glaring need.Along with a deep threat at WR.And maybe a bust at QB.Boy,sucks to be them,huh?Maybe the Jets go after Peyton and give us a 2nd rounder for Osi.Just spitballing.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="pica01"]Osi wanted a new deal and didn't get it.Yet,he played hard and we probably wouldn't had won it all without him.The giants can't expect Osi to play again next year without a new deal.And we probably don't have the cap space to give it to him.If Eli restructured next years money to a later year to Give Osi say 7 million next year and free agency the next,he could return and we could keep that pass rush for one more run.And the legend of Eli,ultimate team player would grow to legendary levels.Before you say Eli'de rather keep Manningham,that's much bigger money and I think Eli would rather bring Steve Smith back over Manningham anyway.If we have to trade Osi we'de be lucky to get a 3rd round pick.He's much more valuable to us than that.Just a thought.What do you guys think?[/quote]

he played hard, when he decided to play

some owuld say he milked his injury and had to be talked back into play for the end of the season...

Eli has restructured already last year. Asking him to do it two years in a row after winning a superbowl is abit much for me.

Osi is 50/50 on being here... i give only a shot in hell that Mario is a Giant
    [/quote]

Do you have proof of this...I think he was hurt and came back when he was ready...Osi wanted to get paid and he deserves to be paid!

ALL IN!

I don't think Eli restructured.I think he just signed a new deal.As far as Tony G,he's said that when he left KC his 1st choice was the Giants and I think we blew it.That ship has sailed.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

Gonzo already signed in ATL

and hell no...

We have proven that we don't need an overpaid TE. We've made some pretty average players look better than they were. Personally i'd prefer a more blocking TE to help with the run game.

And for whatever u want, it hsould be through the draft
    [/quote]

Gonzo is dying to play with the Giants, and im sur ehe would do it for the vet min to at least win a damned playoff game once in his career! lol. Package him up with Pascoe and another TE from the draft. Ballard and Beckum are done IMO.

[quote user="pica01"]One other thing.If we do have to trade Osi and want to maximize what we get for him I don't see a better fit then the Jets.I know,we probably would never trade him there,but a pure pass rusher is the Jets glaring need.Along with a deep threat at WR.And maybe a bust at QB.Boy,sucks to be them,huh?Maybe the Jets go after Peyton and give us a 2nd rounder for Osi.Just spitballing.[/quote]

who cares?

Plenty of teams would make a trade for Osi. If the Jets want to offer a first rounder - then give it to em

If they are offering a 2nd rounder, im sure there will be other suitors.

I don't think Osi would be good at the OLB spot in the 3-4