+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to stay a dominant team

It would be great to keep all the players that helped with this great run but that is not the way to stay on top. You have to make tough decisions and let some guys go that are on the down side of their career, even if they have been great Giants. I have confidence in Reese and the organization that they will make the right decisions. I will hate to see some of these guys leave and worse yet playing for another team but it is ineveitible. You have to turn over some of the team each year and try to integrate some new faces that are hungry for a ring. You keep the core guys (Tuck, Eli, Snee, JPP, Nicks...) that know what it takes to win and you surround them with team players. It is a good formula and I look forward to the next amazing run.

Re: How to stay a dominant team

[quote user="TroyArcher"]It would be great to keep all the players that helped with this great run but that is not the way to stay on top. You have to make tough decisions and let some guys go that are on the down side of their career, even if they have been great Giants. I have confidence in Reese and the organization that they will make the right decisions. I will hate to see some of these guys leave and worse yet playing for another team but it is ineveitible. You have to turn over some of the team each year and try to integrate some new faces that are hungry for a ring. You keep the core guys (Tuck, Eli, Snee, JPP, Nicks...) that know what it takes to win and you surround them with team players. It is a good formula and I look forward to the next amazing run.[/quote]

you forgot to add having killer drafts
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TroyArcher"]It would be great to keep all the players that helped with this great run but that is not the way to stay on top. You have to make tough decisions and let some guys go that are on the down side of their career, even if they have been great Giants. I have confidence in Reese and the organization that they will make the right decisions. I will hate to see some of these guys leave and worse yet playing for another team but it is ineveitible. You have to turn over some of the team each year and try to integrate some new faces that are hungry for a ring. You keep the core guys (Tuck, Eli, Snee, JPP, Nicks...) that know what it takes to win and you surround them with team players. It is a good formula and I look forward to the next amazing run.[/quote]

[/quote]

That helps

I would like to keep them all, but that is improbable and not wise business. We have to trust Reese. Go Giants. Do it again.

Veteran

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TroyArcher"]It would be great to keep all the players that helped with this great run but that is not the way to stay on top.* You have to make tough decisions and let some guys go that are on the down side of their career, even if they have been great Giants.* I have confidence in Reese and the organization that they will make the right decisions.* I will hate to see some of these guys leave and worse yet playing for another team but it is ineveitible.* You have to turn over some of the team each year and try to integrate some new faces that are hungry for a ring.* You keep the core guys (Tuck, Eli, Snee, JPP, Nicks...) that know what it takes to win and you surround them with team players.* It is a good formula and I look forward to the next amazing run.*[/quote]

[/quote]

Give Reese and Ross credit, they go for substance over splash. Look at Philly's roster.

Must build a new O-line (it is amazing we did anything with the one we have now), restore the run game and get a new RB Jacobs is done and Bradshaw is getting there quickly. And it looks like our TE corps are wrecked need help there too.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Veteran

I am not a big Bradshaw fan, he fumbles too often, he is hurt too often and he does not have good hands which hurts our screen game. When Ware comes in teams know what to expect.

I was feeling down today because I love this team and know we'll never see all of them playingtogether again. That said, if you aren't changing from year to year, you are definitely moving backwards. JR knows what he is doing (understated)and I expect him to assemble a great crew next year for our defense of the trophy. Go Blue!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran

If you really want to stay dominant JR has to give Osi some more money. Osi was hobbled this year, he could not chase qbs, all he had was his first move. Imagine him healthy.

All-Pro

Simple. Draft well.