+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Manninghams gone,Steve Smith returns?

It would be nice if we could resign MM but like Kevin Boss,someones gonna give him a deal that our cap situation won't allow us to even come close to matching.Luckily,a cheaper,and to me,better reciever is available to replace him.Before he got hurt,Steve Smith was our #1 and caught 100 balls double teamed.He's a free agent and 2 years off surgury is healthy.He's not gonna get a multiyear offer off last year.He's got to be looking for a one year deal where he can produce and reestablish his value for the 2013-14season.Move Cruz outside.As the #3 behind 2 #1's who both warrant double coverage that can't be done,he would always get single coverage.Eli and Smith were great together.Smith was Eli's security blanket.He runs great patterns and Eli trusted him.For all his talent,the Giants and Eli were very frustrated with manninghams route running.From the slot,Smith would be very welkerlike and a 3rd down force tough to cover.I'll go as far as saying that if healthy,I'd rather have Smith over Manningham.I know Eli would.

Re: Manninghams gone,Steve Smith returns?

I don't see Smith coming back to New York. I think he still hates Reese for low-balling him.

I thought he loved catching passes from Cam Newton ???? Oh, the other Steve Smith... never mind : )

Veteran

There's no gurantee Smith will return to his old form or be productive again .. I want us to do everything possible to get Rio back . Have some overpaid guys restructure & keep this. Explosive trio intact!

Smith didn't like the million dollar offer we made before he bolted to the Eagles. He scoffed at the GIANTS coaching and medical staffs saying he'd not be football ready until about mid-season. He called John Mara a liar. He played before he should have and re-injured his leg thanks to the Eagles crack medical and coaching staffs.

So now what do we offer him? We're scheduled paying Cruz $490,000.00. Do you think we're going to offer Smith another million?

Perhaps a better question would be why would we offer him anything?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Manningham is not coming back for the sole reasoon that he will be overpaid somewhere else this offseason. There is nothing that we can do to change that, no matter how big that super bowl catch was.

Steve Smith will be back. He knows what he lost by losing Eli, and Eli know what he had with Steve Smith. there are plenty of balls to go around. Not to take advatage of a situatioon, but we should get him at a bargain becuase of the injury and low production last season. This is the same guy we were going to give a monstor contract to just a couple years ago.

If some how they dont resign MM, lets see what we have in Devin Thomas, Jernigan & Barden

The Gigalo with the most below

[quote user="Antone78"]Manningham is not coming back for the sole reasoon that he will be overpaid somewhere else this offseason. There is nothing that we can do to change that, no matter how big that super bowl catch was.

Steve Smith will be back. He knows what he lost by losing Eli, and Eli know what he had with Steve Smith. there are plenty of balls to go around. Not to take advatage of a situatioon, but we should get him at a bargain becuase of the injury and low production last season. This is the same guy we were going to give a monstor contract to just a couple years ago.[/quote]

Not according to Steve Smith...here's where he calls John Mara a liar.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="NYBlue10"]I don't see Smith coming back to New York. I think he still hates Reese for low-balling him.[/quote]

Wait until he see the offers he gets this year. Vet minimum anyone ?

His performance was zero and this years UFA WR class is insane. Teams that need WRs have choices.

MM might be back if he find himself in situation like James Jones did last offseason. With all of the talented FA WR it could happen.

I wouldn't mind bringing him back but ONLY at the right price and he has to know that a starting job isn't guaranteed to him at all.

After all, Jernigan is supposed to be Steve Smith who can actually avoid tackles and gain YAC.