+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jermichael Finley

He's a FA....any takers?

Probably will cost too much and not sure that's where the $$ should be used, but TE is a real hole at the moment with the injuries.
    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Re: Jermichael Finley

No

too $$$ to a position we dont' often use as a catching threat and he also has a bad case of the dropsies

He isn't going anywhere. If he can't work out a deal with GB, I wouldn't be surprised to see them slap the Franchise tag on him. The number for TEs is nice and low, like $4m-$5m.

[quote user="Drez"]He isn't going anywhere. If he can't work out a deal with GB, I wouldn't be surprised to see them slap the Franchise tag on him. The number for TEs is nice and low, like $4m-$5m.[/quote]ummm-hmmmmm.
    he's not going anywhere
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

[quote user="scoopscj"]No

too $$$ to a position we dont' often use as a catching threat and he also has a bad case of the dropsies

[/quote]

+1,

we need a blocking TE with the ability to be an occasional receiving threat.

not a receiving threat with the ability to ban an occasional blocker.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="scoopscj"]No

[/quote]

+1,

not a receiving threat with the ability to ban an occasional blocker.[/quote]

i concur, besides the giants offense i dont think really uses the passcatching tight end too well (look @ the disgruntled shockey)

BOOM!!!

Joel Dreessen is a cheaper alternative and fits what we do.

[quote user="cken"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="scoopscj"]No

[/quote]

+1,

i concur, besides the giants offense i dont think really uses the passcatching tight end too well (look @ the disgruntled shockey)[/quote]

Exactly. Give me the workhorse road grader who can run a decent enough slot-like route with average hands.

we NEED to get the running game going again next year.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="scoopscj"]No

[/quote]

+1,

I would rather draft a TE in the 1st (if he is BPA) rather then spend big money on another team's expensive FA.

Please don't buy too much into this "it's a TE league." I've always loved the TE position, but I'm not willing to put big $$ into the position.

I'd rather get an inexpensive veteran like Shancoe to pair with Pascoe, and wait for Ballard to come back. Ballard was a LOT of production for very little $$$.

[quote user="JJC7301"]
    I would rather draft a TE in the 1st (if he is BPA) rather then spend big money on another team's expensive FA.

Please don't buy too much into this "it's a TE league." I've always loved the TE position, but I'm not willing to put big $$ into the position.

I'd rather get an inexpensive veteran like Shancoe to pair with Pascoe, and wait for Ballard to come back. Ballard was a LOT of production for very little $$$.[/quote]

I like the Shiancoe thought, or how about Fred Davis from the Skins?
    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011