+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

The worst thing about the a Packers game...

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, the worst thing about watching that game was watching the Giants play like that, giving the undefeated superbowl champs all they could handle (more even. The pack doesn't win without help from the refs), and knowing this team could be so much better.

Just imagine what this team would look like if they were at more than half strength, let alone full stength.

All-Pro

Re: The worst thing about the a Packers game...

Yeah but it won't happen this year and it only seems to be getting worse with KP now out.

Listening to Bob Papa this morning and he was saying how bad the call was on Prince. The one on Williams was just as bad and someone needs to explain to me what a catch is because that was not a TD.

Veteran

[quote user="buddy33"]Yeah but it won't happen this year and it only seems to be getting worse with KP now out.

Listening to Bob Papa this morning and he was saying how bad the call was on Prince. The one on Williams was just as bad and someone needs to explain to me what a catch is because that was not a TD.[/quote]

Even Greeny and Golic are saying that the refs handed that TD to the Packers, and the "Illegal Use of The Hands" call on JWill was bogus.

by the by... WHAT THE HELL was with that call on Diehl? I didn't know that the LT wasn't allowed to be on the end of the line?

Loses are part of the game. I can deal with losing. It's how you lose that gets to me. They showed up against NE, SF, NO (for the most part), and GB. They laid down against a dead-and-buried Eagles team. That type of loss will have blood coming out of your ears. They can easily run the table if they show up every week. Even with all of their injuries they should be able to make it past their remaining opponents.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

[quote user="ANON837"]Loses are part of the game. I can deal with losing. It's how you lose that gets to me. They showed up against NE, SF, NO (for the most part), and GB. They laid down against a dead-and-buried Eagles team. That type of loss will have blood coming out of your ears. They can easily run the table if they show up every week. Even with all of their injuries they should be able to make it past their remaining opponents.
    [/quote]

But that sums up Coughlin's regime. Wasted potential. Head scratching no-shows.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="ANON837"]Loses are part of the game. I can deal with losing. It's how you lose that gets to me. They showed up against NE, SF, NO (for the most part), and GB. They laid down against a dead-and-buried Eagles team. That type of loss will have blood coming out of your ears. They can easily run the table if they show up every week. Even with all of their injuries they should be able to make it past their remaining opponents.
    [/quote]

They showed up for New Orleans?...

[quote user="Raptor22"]I don't know about anyone else, but for me, the worst thing about watching that game was watching the Giants play like that, giving the undefeated superbowl champs all they could handle (more even. The pack doesn't win without help from the refs), and knowing this team could be so much better.

Just imagine what this team would look like if they were at more than half strength, let alone full stength.[/quote]And we aren't even in it w/o help from gb. How many passes did they drop? Never even seen the giants ever drop that many. We just couldn't capitalize on some of their mistakes.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="ANON837"]Loses are part of the game. I can deal with losing. It's how you lose that gets to me. They showed up against NE, SF, NO (for the most part), and GB. They laid down against a dead-and-buried Eagles team. That type of loss will have blood coming out of your ears. They can easily run the table if they show up every week. Even with all of their injuries they should be able to make it past their remaining opponents.
    [/quote]

But that sums up Coughlin's regime. Wasted potential. Head scratching no-shows.
    [/quote]

I have to agree. It just seems like the Giants, more than any other team in football, are susceptible to coming out flat, especially at home. That's been the case for 8 years with a variety of personnel.