+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

What NFL Teams do you have a soft spot for and why?

I guess I can't hate the Patriots anymore. The image of Kraft and having BB be a part of the Giants for a long time kind of keeps me from hating them.

As a Giants fan I of course hate on the Cowboys and Eagles but I do have a soft spot for the Redskins. They were a great team in the 1980s but haven't been relevant in years. I go to their stadium and their fans are kind, even in defeat.

In the AFC I want to see the KC Chiefs do well. They gave us tremendous applause and a standing ovation the first game after 911. They have a great stadium, crowd and tradition and they've been down so long I just want to see them do well.

How about you? What team do you sort of pull for that isn't our own team?

Scoops

PS. It's nice to see the Lions playing well... finally too!

Re: What NFL Teams do you have a soft spot for and why?

For the AFC i have always quietly rooted for the Broncos(not because of Tebow) But because The first football game I ever watched was the Broncos and they were a pretty dominant team in the late 90's.

My dad though made me watch the Giants and my love for G-men took over and the rest was history

as for the NFC? The lions were so bad that I just sort of defaulted to root for them cause I felt bad for them lol
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

1.Lions
    2.Browns
    3.Vikings
    4.Jag's
    I feel for there fans! Every Thanksgiving I root for the Lions and Hope. Now the Browns have a good place to play ,but no team and no hope! Vikings need to play outside,period I loved snow games when I was a kid!The Jag's always looking to move!

I like watching the Steelers play...I simultaneous like and hate the Ravens...the hate stemming from an obvious reason...used to pull for the Jets, but Rexie changed that.

Colts, Bills, Bears...quite a few for me actually...not a lot of hate in my heart when it comes to the NFL...pretty much just the NFC East. Oh...I CAN'T STAND the Saints. For some reason Drew Brees and his rah rah bull crap annoys the crap out of me. Probably because he freaking owns the Giants...who knows.

Veteran

NOT ONE TEAM BUT BIG BLUE.

I will watch other games and root for fantasy players - but NEVER over big blue. I have never understood fans who can root for other teams - respect it yes - but to me its DIE HARD and only for the boys in blue.

Dolphins.

I actually enjoyed watching them in the 90s. They're in the AFC. Now, they're the struggling underdogs who every so often, get to punch the Jets and Pats.

I don't think I have any soft spot for an NFC East team whatsoever.

[quote user="dave56dj"]NOT ONE TEAM BUT BIG BLUE.

I will watch other games and root for fantasy players - but NEVER over big blue. I have never understood fans who can root for other teams - respect it yes - but to me its DIE HARD and only for the boys in blue.[/quote]
    +1.....I hate it when my fantasy players are playing against us, it puts me in a real awkward situation. Obviously I'm rooting for us to win, but at the same time I want them to have some kind of production so I don't lose.

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="dave56dj"]NOT ONE TEAM BUT BIG BLUE.

I will watch other games and root for fantasy players - but NEVER over big blue. I have never understood fans who can root for other teams - respect it yes - but to me its DIE HARD and only for the boys in blue.[/quote]
    +1.....I hate it when my fantasy players are playing against us, it puts me in a real awkward situation. Obviously I'm rooting for us to win, but at the same time I want them to have some kind of production so I don't lose.
    [/quote]

fantasy is hard to play when your a die-fan
    of any team.
    I refuse to have any players from the NFC east that does not play for the Giants.
    I also have a hard time playing players that are playing the Giants.
    and for some strange reason my fantasy teams always have mostly Giants players.

Paid off this year...
    Cruz, Bradshaw, and the Giants D pulled out My week 17 Championship Game.

to think I was happy with making the playoffs
    and being fantasy Champ.

- My Afc teams are Charges, and Bengals.
    and anyone playing- Egirls, Deadskins, Cowboys. Saints and Pats

The Browns, their fanbase is loyal and my Dad's side of the family is from Cleveland and are Browns fans. I'd like to see the Browns represent the brown and orange in the biggest game sometime soon.

[quote user="GMen869007"]The Browns, their fanbase is loyal and my Dad's side of the family is from Cleveland and are Browns fans. I'd like to see the Browns represent the brown and orange in the biggest game sometime soon.
    [/quote]</P>

If I had a second favorite team it would be the Browns also, I love their uniforms so classic. I'd really like to see them get better soon.</P>
    The Gigalo with the most below