+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What NFL Teams do you have a soft spot for and why?

Starter

Re: What NFL Teams do you have a soft spot for and why?

Probably not popular choices, but the Ravens and Steelers. Both are sort of old-school -- hard-nosed defense and team play. Both teams have some of the toughest and best players of all time (Steelers: Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu, Ravens: Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.)

Ray Lewis (if you can get past his mis-behavior early in his career) is incredible and the closest thing to a player-coach in the NFL -- he creates a standard that everyone around aspires to. It's pretty incredible to watch....

I hate the Eagles! I don't hate the Cowboys or Redskins, but can't say I like them either. As for all the other teams, I like them as long as they're not playing us. Because my partner is a Jets fan, I root for them, except when they play us. So in short, I don't really care about any of them. I just love my Giants.</P>

</P>

I have always had a soft spot for the Patriots. Bill Parcells went there. Bill Bellichek went there. I liked Drew Bledsoe and Ben Coates. I like Tom Brady. I like Robert Kraft. Also if it bwasn’t going to be NY Giants or Washington Redskins to win the post 9/11 Super Bowl the next best thing was a team named the Patriots.

I have a soft spot for the Denver Broncos because a friend of mine from college that passed 2 1/2 months ago was a huge Denver Broncos fan. I remmeber when we were still in college and they played GB in the SuperBowl and we went in to the restaraunt that he was working at to get his tips from the night before and it was close to the bar we were going to watch the game at. The owner gave him some mess because he was suppossed to work that night although he had told them he couldn’t and Stafford told him “stick the job up your *** and give me my fukin money. I am going to watch the SuperBowl with my friends.” It was awesome.

The 5 teams I hate the most in the order I hate them-

1- Dallas Cowboys
    2-NY Jets
    3-Philadelphia Eagles
    4- Baltimore Ravens
    5-San Francisco 49ers

The 5 fan bases I hate the worst

1- San Franisco 49er fans are far and away the most degenerate pieces of trash I have had the displeasure to have contact with. I still have scars on my knuckles.

2-Dallas Cowboys fans are just rude arrogant idiots. Most of them have never even been to the state of Texas.

3- NY Jets fans are pure unadulterated dog feces. They should get their own stadium and close their filthy mouths.

4-New Orleans Saints fans are classless and obnoxious. I will never forget when Jerome Brown passed away and Philadelphia Eagles went to New Orleans Saints to play and their fans that had signs that read “Jerome was an Eagle now he is a Saint” and “it is much better being a Saint than an Eagle isn’t it Jerome.” Pure trash.

5- Chicago Bear have a miserable stadium and miserable crybaby fans.

The classiest fans at away games have to be far and away Green Bay Packers fans. For the most part they are cordial and make you feel welcome.

Most fun away stadium for me is FedEx Field. I love sticking around after the game and watching the band and going to the really nice bar they have there. Real fun time and real fun fans.

I only love NY Giants as my football team.

I could never understand folks that flip flop.

I have a soft spot for the Packers. Back when i was 8 i used to have a Favre jersey that i wore like every week to school lol.

But as i got older i just fell in love with the Giants.

Packers i respect. Classy organization with an amazing fan base, kinda like the Giants!

Teams that i hate?

Only the Philadelphia Eagles. I DETEST that franchise and their fans. Actually, i don't like anything about Philly except Rocky Balboa.

Starter

[quote user="buffyblue"]I only love NY Giants as my football team.

I could never understand folks that flip flop.[/quote]

You missed the point.

Starter

sorry... duplicate post...

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I always had a soft spot for the Bears after watching Brian's Song when I was a kid . . . .[/quote]

I know what you mean. I've always had a soft spot for the Washington Sentinals, after watching the Replacements.

That's about it. The rest of the NFL teams can go **** themselves.

(Although I do hold in high regard those fans of teams that are, year in and year out, pretty dreadful yet maintain their passion for their team--most especially the older more traditional teams like the Bills, Lions, Bears, Browns. Those fans in particular have had to put up with not just years, but GENERATIONS of terrible teams, with only small windows of greatness that the Bills and the Bears displayed 20-25 years ago.)

I lived in upstate New York for some time, so I have a soft spot for the Bills.........kind of. They have good and terrible fans alike.

I also like how the Packers are the smallest NFL city/town and also have their unusual shareholder system thing - which I like to pretend emphasizes the good of small-town America.

If the Cowboys had never existed, I'd probably be rooting for one of these teams instead:

1. Bills
    2. Jets
    3. Oilers/Texans
    4. Packers

[quote user="Bread"]<font size="2">No NFL fanbase has been kicked in the balls as much as Cleveland.</font>[/quote]

+ Reply to Thread