+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What NFL Teams do you have a soft spot for and why?

Re: What NFL Teams do you have a soft spot for and why?

[quote user="buffyblue"]I only love NY Giants as my football team.

I could never understand folks that flip flop.[/quote]

Haha, hey now. I don't flip flop. Not by any means. Giants are, and will always be my number one.

I grew up in Western New York. The only reason I am a Giants is because of my father. The only reason why he is, is because of my grandfather. It's a damn good reason to be a Giants fan. I have so much loyalty to this franchise, not just because I love watching them play, but because I would run similar operations by their strategies. I believe the Mara's and Tisch's are fantastic families with outstanding morals that expand well beyond the football world. I also believe that my father was brought up with similar ideas, and that I was as well. I live by such.

But, I also grew up in Western New York. I can't compare Ralph Wilson to Mara and Tisch all that much, but I grew up in Bills country. Go Bills. Buffalo is a hell of a football city, and they do not get the credit that they deserve. Been to many more Bills games then I have Giants (mostly for fiscal reasons), and their fans beat us in noise level, by far.

I was five for the Bills v. Giants super bowl in 1990. It's one of my first memories as a child, and I was rooting for the Giants. Hard.

[quote user="scoopscj"]I guess I can't hate the Patriots anymore.* The image of Kraft and having BB be a part of the Giants for a long time kind of keeps me from hating them.*

As a Giants fan I of course hate on the Cowboys and Eagles but I do have a soft spot for the Redskins.* They were a great team in the 1980s but haven't been relevant in years.* I go to their stadium and their fans are kind, even in defeat.

In the AFC I want to see the KC Chiefs do well.* They gave us tremendous applause and a standing ovation the first game after 911.* They have a great stadium, crowd and tradition and they've been down so long I just want to see them do well.

How about you? What team do you sort of pull for that isn't our own team?

Scoops

PS.* It's nice to see the Lions playing well... finally too!
    [/quote]
    Yes off topic of thread did anyone notice the genuine long hug between TC and BB after the game?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I like watching the Steelers play...I simultaneous like and hate the Ravens...the hate stemming from an obvious reason...used to pull for the Jets, but Rexie changed that.

Colts, Bills, Bears...quite a few for me actually...not a lot of hate in my heart when it comes to the NFL...pretty much just the NFC East. Oh...I CAN'T STAND the Saints. For some reason Drew Brees and his rah rah bull crap annoys the crap out of me. Probably because he freaking owns the Giants...who knows.

Veteran

NOT ONE TEAM BUT BIG BLUE.

I will watch other games and root for fantasy players - but NEVER over big blue. I have never understood fans who can root for other teams - respect it yes - but to me its DIE HARD and only for the boys in blue.

Dolphins.

I actually enjoyed watching them in the 90s. They're in the AFC. Now, they're the struggling underdogs who every so often, get to punch the Jets and Pats.

I don't think I have any soft spot for an NFC East team whatsoever.

[quote user="dave56dj"]NOT ONE TEAM BUT BIG BLUE.

I will watch other games and root for fantasy players - but NEVER over big blue. I have never understood fans who can root for other teams - respect it yes - but to me its DIE HARD and only for the boys in blue.[/quote]
    +1.....I hate it when my fantasy players are playing against us, it puts me in a real awkward situation. Obviously I'm rooting for us to win, but at the same time I want them to have some kind of production so I don't lose.

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="dave56dj"]NOT ONE TEAM BUT BIG BLUE.

I will watch other games and root for fantasy players - but NEVER over big blue. I have never understood fans who can root for other teams - respect it yes - but to me its DIE HARD and only for the boys in blue.[/quote]
    +1.....I hate it when my fantasy players are playing against us, it puts me in a real awkward situation. Obviously I'm rooting for us to win, but at the same time I want them to have some kind of production so I don't lose.
    [/quote]

fantasy is hard to play when your a die-fan
    of any team.
    I refuse to have any players from the NFC east that does not play for the Giants.
    I also have a hard time playing players that are playing the Giants.
    and for some strange reason my fantasy teams always have mostly Giants players.

Paid off this year...
    Cruz, Bradshaw, and the Giants D pulled out My week 17 Championship Game.

to think I was happy with making the playoffs
    and being fantasy Champ.

- My Afc teams are Charges, and Bengals.
    and anyone playing- Egirls, Deadskins, Cowboys. Saints and Pats

Starter

Green Bay Packers - Lombardi, 1st rate organization, Titletown, Lambeau Field, 100,000 population-all Packer Backers, great tailgate, & $4.00 20oz beers at the stadium. Happy that the Giants beat them in the playoffs. I look forward to playing them in the future.

Bench Player

Arizona Cardinals. I feel like they are a brother that got kicked out of my home and was adopted by someone else.

+ Reply to Thread