+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How does Everyone Feel about Trading back?

Now, Trading back is not usually the Jerry Reese and NYG way of drafting. However i feel that the front office would jump on it if they felt it was the best situation for the team.

IF no prize falls to the giants at 32, would you mind trading back? and if so whats your price?

I would love to see them trade back for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th.

IMO at 32 there doesnt seem to be alot of value to be had. (if the draft goes as most mocks perdict)

thoughts?

Re: How does Everyone Feel about Trading back?

I dunno......trading back with the 32nd pick seems kinda silly. Most people I have read here say a 32 pick in the 1st is like an overglorified 2nd round pick........I would probably say no to this, we have 8 picks this year, that should do us.

[quote user="GiantPride27"]Now, Trading back is not usually the Jerry Reese and NYG way of drafting. However i feel that the front office would jump on it if they felt it was the best situation for the team.

IF no prize falls to the giants at 32, would you mind trading back? and if so whats your price?

I would love to see them trade back for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th.

IMO at 32 there doesnt seem to be alot of value to be had. (if the draft goes as most mocks perdict)

thoughts?[/quote]

We don't trade back (ever) and the #32 pick isn't exactly highly coveted.

However late first round trades in general have happened and I would love it if someone gives us something stupid good.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

I suppose I'd be for it. 2 things however:

1) There aren't many scenarios where I can see a team wanting to trade back into the 1st (although I didn't see Denver trading back in for Tebus, nor did I see the Saints trading back in for Ingram).

2) I'm still predicting a QB feeding frenzy, like last year (maybe even worse), and there could also be a CB/pass rusher feeding frenzy, so there could be quite a few guys getting over-drafted, which means some top-level talent could be sitting there at 32. If somebody like Alshon Jeffery, Mike Brockers, Nick Perry, Stephon Gilmore, Dontari Poe... is sitting there, I HIGHLY doubt JR will trade back.

The 32nd pick can actually be interesting with the extra day in between the second round. If a coveted player falls, teams may want to trade into that spot rather than wait in the early second the next day, as there will be downtime for the top 5 teams to field potential trade calls almost like a condensed version of Washington/St. Louis deal.

With that said, there's no point in trading down unless you're absolutely confident one of your board players will still be available. They're not going to trade a pick for the sake of acquiring more if they're not going to field the talent they would if they just made the selection where they stand.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GiantPride27"]Now, Trading back is not usually the Jerry Reese and NYG way of drafting. However i feel that the front office would jump on it if they felt it was the best situation for the team. IF no prize falls to the giants at 32, would you mind trading back? and if so whats your price? I would love to see them trade back for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th. IMO at 32 there doesnt seem to be alot of value to be had. (if the draft goes as most mocks perdict) thoughts?[/quote] We don't trade back (ever) and the #32 pick isn't exactly highly coveted. However late first round trades in general have happened and I would love it if someone gives us something stupid good.[/quote]

We traded back the year we drafted Kiwi.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GiantPride27"]Now, Trading back is not usually the Jerry Reese and NYG way of drafting. However i feel that the front office would jump on it if they felt it was the best situation for the team. IF no prize falls to the giants at 32, would you mind trading back? and if so whats your price? I would love to see them trade back for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th. IMO at 32 there doesnt seem to be alot of value to be had. (if the draft goes as most mocks perdict) thoughts?[/quote] We don't trade back (ever) and the #32 pick isn't exactly highly coveted. However late first round trades in general have happened and I would love it if someone gives us something stupid good.[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally forgot about that. But I meant we wouldn't trade out of the first (which trading back here would entail).

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Yep, the Steelers took Santonio Holmes with our pick, I think . . . . .

If there no clear cut BPA....why not?

I wouldnt mind trading back as long as we get decent value, I would like an extra 2nd round pick and maybe a 3rd depending on who's trading it to us. There are going to be alot of good talents there in the 2nd round of the draft
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'