+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I want to make a thread to give props to Boothe, Petrus and Diehl

Our O-Line has been ugly this year compared to past seasons but Kevin Boothe has done an excellent job at center as one other poster noted in another (off-topic) thread, Petrus had one or two penalties but was solid at left guard and he should remain there...and David Diehl still has the ability to pass protect. Our run game did much better this game and maybe now, snee can become more settled in his game...McKensie is slipping and may ned to accept a back-up role if he is re-signed for 2012. We do need a top-tier RT which is easier to find than a fairly decent LT. I think this is an area that has finally emerged and expect it to improve the remainder of the season which could make this team dangerous....defense needs work

Re: I want to make a thread to give props to Boothe, Petrus and Diehl

Congrats........u just did!

Starter

I'm not a fan of Beatty and I had a feeling we might see an improvement with him out. I'm surprised Boothe played better than I've seen Baas play all year and he was going against Raji to boot. 67 is done.

All-Pro

I like Reese, but Baas was a horrible signing.

Bob Papa said they should stick with this OL and I agree. Now let's be honest, Green Bay does not have a good defense, but neither do the Patriots or the Saints and they did a lot Bette running the ball last yesterday than against those other teams.

They averaged 5 ypc.

[quote user="buddy33"]I like Reese, but Baas was a horrible signing. Bob Papa said they should stick with this OL and I agree. Now let's be honest, Green Bay does not have a good defense, but neither do the Patriots or the Saints and they did a lot Bette running the ball last yesterday than against those other teams. They averaged 5 ypc.[/quote]

This was the best game the o-line played all season in regards to the run game, don't try to take anything away because the Packers defense is not playing well.

Petrus got my respect, I thought he was just another waste of a pick, but he showed up yesterday. Alot of respect for Boothe as well, this guy has played center,left guard,right guard. Talk about versatility.

McKenzie did not look good at all, he got beat off the snap far to often, 11 years of playing the tackle position will do that to you though.

And let Baas and his headaches sit on the bench, he has been nothing but a dissapoitment.

Giants fan since the early 80s

All-Pro

That's not how I meant it. I was just saying that all 3 have bed defenses and they only ran the ball good in 1 of those games and that was yesterday. So actually what I meant is that I wouldn't use that as an excuse.

I think I'm confused now. Lol.

Kevin Boothe has been on of our best linemen this year. The only problem Boothe has...is snapping the ball but thats going to happen since Center isnt his natural position. David Diehl is a much better Tackle than Guard. I dont know if Beatty and Diehl should be our bookend Tackles next year, if we dont sign Mckenzie. I really want a 1st round draft pick on a Offensive Tackle or Center. Pick 2 needs to be a linebacker.

Seriously we need to draft defense in the first 3 rounds.

Ditch McKensie.
    Move Diehl to right tackle
    Move Baas to the bench
    Move Boothe to center
    Petrus at LG
    Leave Beatty at LT and we're all set. We can draft depth later in the draft or take someone in free agency to challenge for the RT spot.

We need LINEBACKERS so we can play 4-3 again

If We're going to continue with this big nickle package we need anothe Corner and we can play Prince in Grants spot

Ditch Grant.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

I agree, same line next week. Keep Baas on the bench. Don't know if our coaching staff will agree. Our line was playing pretty well last year without Ohara at C, then as soon as he was healthy enough to play, they plugged him in and the O-line went to crap (against the Eagles I think).

Amazing we move Diehl to his comfortable position. Hell o running game.