+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

fricking pick 64 i hate you!!! :P

" to me the depressing part of winning the superbowl is the pick order we get."

Kinda pisses me off we won't get a shot at Iowa receiver #7 Mcnutt.

this kid is hakeem nicks part 2. can play all receiver spots, has big hands, can take a hit or bounce off one and once the burners are on its hard to close in on him. hes not a low 4's 40 runner but the kid has sneaky speed.

which players you know we wont get a shot at piss you off?

Aye redeye can i get some more tape on him please?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Re: fricking pick 64 i hate you!!! :P

when Jerry trades out of the first round or Osi is traded they will have 3 2's to pick!

In Jerry we trust.. Come on Boss.. keep our future bright!!

Eh, dunno if Mcnutt is a great comparison for Nicks. I can see some similarities. He's very polished as a route runner like Nicks coming out. However, Mcnutt is a bit of a stiff receiver kind of like Sidney rice coming out a couple of years ago. And I don't believe he has the burst down the field and in his cuts that Nicks does.

Lets remember, Nicks is a guy who 99.9% of the time catches the ball with his hands out of the air. Sanu or Alshon Jeffery is more comparable to Nicks in that aspect than Mcnutt who isn't really a guy who always catches the ball away from his body, if he rarely does at all save for a few career highlights

Veteran

[quote user="Neverend"]Eh, dunno if Mcnutt is a great comparison for Nicks. I can see some similarities. He's very polished as a route runner like Nicks coming out. However, Mcnutt is a bit of a stiff receiver kind of like Sidney rice coming out a couple of years ago. And I don't believe he has the burst down the field and in his cuts that Nicks does.

Lets remember, Nicks is a guy who 99.9% of the time catches the ball with his hands out of the air. Sanu or Alshon Jeffery is more comparable to Nicks in that aspect than Mcnutt who isn't really a guy who always catches the ball away from his body, if he rarely does at all save for a few career highlights[/quote]

fair assesment only tape i had to go off of was the one in the film room thread and a couple off youtube but you cant deny he would be great for us at 64 even with mario staying.

give E-10 more missiles

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

McNutt at 64? No Way! Way too early to grab a guy like McNutt. More like round 4.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Voldamort"]when Jerry trades out of the first round or Osi is traded they will have 3 2's to pick![/quote]

The "or" implies that receive two 2nd rounders in either trade scenario... We're definitely not going to get two 2nds for trading down from #32.

If we traded Osi we could potentially get two 2nds, but they wouldn't likely be both this year, considering that at this stage, the only teams that have two 2012 2nd round picks are New England and Philly... I don't think we'll be trading with either of those teams.

It could theoretically happen, but it's a massive longshot.

[quote user="vinnie_vegas69"] It could theoretically happen, but it's a massive longshot.
    [/quote]We could also theoretically trade up for Andrew Luck, but it's a massive longshot.

All-Pro

There are great players in all the rounds. It is just a matter of finding them. Some guys don't get drafted and become great players. Again, it is a matter of finding them.

Reese is a good at evaluating talent.

[quote user="Neverend"]Eh, dunno if Mcnutt is a great comparison for Nicks. I can see some similarities. He's very polished as a route runner like Nicks coming out. However, Mcnutt is a bit of a stiff receiver kind of like Sidney rice coming out a couple of years ago. And I don't believe he has the burst down the field and in his cuts that Nicks does.

Lets remember, Nicks is a guy who 99.9% of the time catches the ball with his hands out of the air. Sanu or Alshon Jeffery is more comparable to Nicks in that aspect than Mcnutt who isn't really a guy who always catches the ball away from his body, if he rarely does at all save for a few career highlights[/quote]As a guy who watched every snap of McNutt's career at Iowa, I find a lot to disagree with here.

1. His route running needs quite a bit of work. He has only been playing WR for 3 years(and managed to rewrite the record books at Iowa in that time).

2. He is actually more consistent when catching the ball away from his body. A LOT of circus catches/jump balls where he takes the ball away from the DB. Where he had trouble was bringing in the "easy" passes. He gets his eyes downfield before he secures the pass.

3. Speed I agree with. He's so-so in this dept.