+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

my very first mock

With so many free agents and very little cap room, I think that the giants should trade down to get another cost controlled player.
    Rd1- trade with the Miami dolphins so they can trade up and grab tannehill before the redskins get him. We receive there second and fourth rd choices.

2 pick 8 Stephen hill wr Georgia tech with manningham probably going elsewhere we will probably need a replacement. While his route tree doesn't have many branches his size and speed combination will be to hard for Reese to pass up. With a little coaching this kid could be Calvin Johnson lite

2 pick 32 Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt our secondary played sogreat in the playoffs but Ross and tryon and tt are all freeagents and two are coming off serious injuries. Casey's ball skills are outstanding and he is excellent against the run.

3 pick 32 Andrew datko our offensive line deffinetly needs a youth infusion. Datko before his injury was a first round lock its worth it to take a gamble on a first rd talent with essentially a fourth rd pick.

4 pick 8 ladarius green te Louisiana lafeyette. This was the yr of the tight end in the NFL and this kids size and speed combo is on par with the jimmy Graham's of the world. He needs the add a little weight but at 6`6 he deffinetly has the frame to add it.

4 pick 32 james-michael Johnson MLB Nevada with Goff coming off acl and being a free agent and Greg Jones not maturing at this point a MLB is a neccesity in this draft and there aren't many better then Mr. Johnson.

Rd 4 compensatory selection from Barry coefield. Philip Blake center Baylor baas was bad this yr some developmental depth is needed. Blake is strong and has good quickness.

Rd 5 pick 32 jamarcus'yoshi' hardrick LT Nebraska red eye turned me on to this guy and he is an animal and I don't understand how he's not ranked alot higher on the tackle list. Has a mean streak and plays to the whistle check out red eyes vid of him vs south Carolina against clowney and ingram. Also from same community college as jpp and jacquan williams.lets keep going back to this well.

rd 6 pick 32 tauren Poole RB Tennessee good back who battled injuries and a crappy online all year but tore it up at the senior bowl

Rd7 not sure if we traded this pick for sage rosenfels last yr or not but if we did I think we may get a compensatory selection for Steve smith or Kevin boss . Akiem hicks the large man from Canada that played at the shrine game he's 6'4 325 and has decent athleticisim.

Re: my very first mock

Thoughts anyone?

Veteran

I'd really like to get Datko in the middle rounds, if we don't pick up an OT early on. Give us some much needed depth and I think he's got good potential to play both T positions.

There is no way we take a WR with our 2nd round pick.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]There is no way we take a WR with our 2nd round pick.[/quote]

I'm thinking that too.

I like Ladarius Green in the 4th. I was thinking the same thing if the Giants don't draft a TE in the first.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

If manningham leaves I could see us taking a wide out in the second. Barden is not a deep threat and jerrinigan we haven't seen yet but he's a bit small to be an outside receiver. To keep our offense working the way it did this year I think we need a deep threat at that outside spot. I'd prefer to keep Cruz in the slot were he can do the most damage but if u disagree that's cool how did u like the rest of the draft.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]If manningham leaves I could see us taking a wide out in the second. Barden is not a deep threat and jerrinigan we haven't seen yet but he's a bit small to be an outside receiver. To keep our offense working the way it did this year I think we need a deep threat at that outside spot. I'd prefer to keep Cruz in the slot were he can do the most damage but if u disagree that's cool how did u like the rest of the draft.[/quote]

Wow people over rate MM based on one catch.

MM is a mediocre receiver with a quick burst, iffy hands and a horrible route runner. Not exactly hard to replace (Super Bowl buzz being over and all).

Don't forget this guy lost the #2 receiving spot on our team to an undrafted free agent (granted, a REALLY GOOD undrafted FA but still).

Cruz is nice in the slot but works best on the outside. Both he and Nicks are deep threats (more Cruz than Nicks) and both are home run hitters (as proven).

While I wouldn't mind having three receivers like that, I don't think we reach for one ... especially when we have needs elsewhere.

More than likely your #3 (and #4) receivers in 2012 will be a combination of Jernigan, Thomas and a small free agent pick up TBD.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]If manningham leaves I could see us taking a wide out in the second. Barden is not a deep threat and jerrinigan we haven't seen yet but he's a bit small to be an outside receiver. To keep our offense working the way it did this year I think we need a deep threat at that outside spot. I'd prefer to keep Cruz in the slot were he can do the most damage but if u disagree that's cool how did u like the rest of the draft.[/quote]
    I
    Wow people over rate MM

MM is a mediocre receiver with a quick burst, iffy hands and a horrible route runner. Not exactly hard to replace (Super Bowl buzz being over and all).

Don't forget this guy lost the #2 receiving spot on our team to an undrafted free agent (granted, a REALLY GOOD undrafted FA but still).

Cruz is nice in the slot but works best on the outside. Both he and Nicks are deep threats (more Cruz than Nicks) and both are home run hitters (as proven).

While I wouldn't mind having three receivers like that, I don't think we reach for one ... especially when we have needs elsewhere.

More than likely your #3 (and #4) receivers in 2012 will be a combination of Jernigan, Thomas and a small free agent pick up TBD.[/quote]
    Manningham was one of the top deep threats in the NFL in 2010. He is a bonehead sometimes but him being able to get deep opened alot of things up for the other guys.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]If manningham leaves I could see us taking a wide out in the second. Barden is not a deep threat and jerrinigan we haven't seen yet but he's a bit small to be an outside receiver. To keep our offense working the way it did this year I think we need a deep threat at that outside spot. I'd prefer to keep Cruz in the slot were he can do the most damage but if u disagree that's cool how did u like the rest of the draft.[/quote]
    I
    Wow people over rate MM

More than likely your #3 (and #4) receivers in 2012 will be a combination of Jernigan, Thomas and a small free agent pick up TBD.[/quote]
    Manningham was one of the top deep threats in the NFL in 2010. He is a bonehead sometimes but him being able to get deep opened alot of things up for the other guys.[/quote]

Can't argue with that. Lack of consistancy and the fact that we have better deep threats now is my mitigating arguement.

But you're right ... "mediocre" might be a little over the top. A solid #2 receiver with big play potential would be a better description.

Still not a facet we need to replace early in the draft considering our current roster though.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]With so many free agents and very little cap room, I think that the giants should trade down to get another cost controlled player.
    Rd1- trade with the Miami dolphins so they can trade up and grab tannehill before the redskins get him. We receive there second and fourth rd choices.

2 pick 8 Stephen hill wr Georgia tech with manningham probably going elsewhere we will probably need a replacement. While his route tree doesn't have many branches his size and speed combination will be to hard for Reese to pass up. With a little coaching this kid could be Calvin Johnson lite

2 pick 32 Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt our secondary played sogreat in the playoffs but Ross and tryon and tt are all freeagents and two are coming off serious injuries. Casey's ball skills are outstanding and he is excellent against the run.

3 pick 32 Andrew datko our offensive line deffinetly needs a youth infusion. Datko before his injury was a first round lock its worth it to take a gamble on a first rd talent with essentially a fourth rd pick.

4 pick 8 ladarius green te Louisiana lafeyette. This was the yr of the tight end in the NFL and this kids size and speed combo is on par with the jimmy Graham's of the world. He needs the add a little weight but at 6`6 he deffinetly has the frame to add it.

4 pick 32 james-michael Johnson MLB Nevada with Goff coming off acl and being a free agent and Greg Jones not maturing at this point a MLB is a neccesity in this draft and there aren't many better then Mr. Johnson.

Rd 4 compensatory selection from Barry coefield. Philip Blake center Baylor baas was bad this yr some developmental depth is needed. Blake is strong and has good quickness.

Rd 5 pick 32 jamarcus'yoshi' hardrick LT Nebraska red eye turned me on to this guy and he is an animal and I don't understand how he's not ranked alot higher on the tackle list. Has a mean streak and plays to the whistle check out red eyes vid of him vs south Carolina against clowney and ingram. Also from same community college as jpp and jacquan williams.lets keep going back to this well.

rd 6 pick 32 tauren Poole RB Tennessee good back who battled injuries and a crappy online all year but tore it up at the senior bowl

Rd7 not sure if we traded this pick for sage rosenfels last yr or not but if we did I think we may get a compensatory selection for Steve smith or Kevin boss . Akiem hicks the large man from Canada that played at the shrine game he's 6'4 325 and has decent athleticisim.[/quote]I like Hayward in the late 2nd rd. He would be a good addition to our secondary. Like you said he plays the run well and is a ball hawk.

The more I read from other posters and other sites, I would not mind the Giants taking that James Michael Johnson in the 4th rd.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University