+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my very first mock

Re: my very first mock

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]With so many free agents and very little cap room, I think that the giants should trade down to get another cost controlled player.
    Rd1- trade with the Miami dolphins so they can trade up and grab tannehill before the redskins get him. We receive there second and fourth rd choices.

2 pick 8 Stephen hill wr Georgia tech with manningham probably going elsewhere we will probably need a replacement. While his route tree doesn't have many branches his size and speed combination will be to hard for Reese to pass up. With a little coaching this kid could be Calvin Johnson lite

2 pick 32 Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt our secondary played sogreat in the playoffs but Ross and tryon and tt are all freeagents and two are coming off serious injuries. Casey's ball skills are outstanding and he is excellent against the run.

3 pick 32 Andrew datko our offensive line deffinetly needs a youth infusion. Datko before his injury was a first round lock its worth it to take a gamble on a first rd talent with essentially a fourth rd pick.

4 pick 8 ladarius green te Louisiana lafeyette. This was the yr of the tight end in the NFL and this kids size and speed combo is on par with the jimmy Graham's of the world. He needs the add a little weight but at 6`6 he deffinetly has the frame to add it.

4 pick 32 james-michael Johnson MLB Nevada with Goff coming off acl and being a free agent and Greg Jones not maturing at this point a MLB is a neccesity in this draft and there aren't many better then Mr. Johnson.

Rd 4 compensatory selection from Barry coefield. Philip Blake center Baylor baas was bad this yr some developmental depth is needed. Blake is strong and has good quickness.

Rd 5 pick 32 jamarcus'yoshi' hardrick LT Nebraska red eye turned me on to this guy and he is an animal and I don't understand how he's not ranked alot higher on the tackle list. Has a mean streak and plays to the whistle check out red eyes vid of him vs south Carolina against clowney and ingram. Also from same community college as jpp and jacquan williams.lets keep going back to this well.

rd 6 pick 32 tauren Poole RB Tennessee good back who battled injuries and a crappy online all year but tore it up at the senior bowl

Rd7 not sure if we traded this pick for sage rosenfels last yr or not but if we did I think we may get a compensatory selection for Steve smith or Kevin boss . Akiem hicks the large man from Canada that played at the shrine game he's 6'4 325 and has decent athleticisim.[/quote]I like Hayward in the late 2nd rd. He would be a good addition to our secondary. Like you said he plays the run well and is a ball hawk.

The more I read from other posters and other sites, I would not mind the Giants taking that James Michael Johnson in the 4th rd.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Were gonna trade back 10 spots from an already low position just to gain a 4th?

I don't know (or care) if that trade works out with the draft spot "points", but I do know were not the Redskins.

Honestly, you wouldn't be pis sed off and be calling for Reeses head if he traded out of the first to just gain a 4?

Absurd.

[quote user="Manning2Niks"]Were gonna trade back 10 spots from an already low position just to gain a 4th?

I don't know (or care) if that trade works out with the draft spot "points", but I do know were not the Redskins.

Honestly, you wouldn't be pis sed off and be calling for Reeses head if he traded out of the first to just gain a 4?

Absurd.[/quote] LOVE IS IN THE AIR TONIGHT!

[quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Manning2Niks"]Were gonna trade back 10 spots from an already low position just to gain a 4th?

Absurd.[/quote] LOVE IS IN THE AIR TONIGHT![/quote]

You don't think it's ridiculous?

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]With so many free agents and very little cap room, I think that the giants should trade down to get another cost controlled player.
    Rd1- trade with the Miami dolphins so they can trade up and grab tannehill before the redskins get him. We receive there second and fourth rd choices.

2 pick 8 Stephen hill wr Georgia tech with manningham probably going elsewhere we will probably need a replacement. While his route tree doesn't have many branches his size and speed combination will be to hard for Reese to pass up. With a little coaching this kid could be Calvin Johnson lite

2 pick 32 Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt our secondary played sogreat in the playoffs but Ross and tryon and tt are all freeagents and two are coming off serious injuries. Casey's ball skills are outstanding and he is excellent against the run.

3 pick 32 Andrew datko our offensive line deffinetly needs a youth infusion. Datko before his injury was a first round lock its worth it to take a gamble on a first rd talent with essentially a fourth rd pick.

4 pick 8 ladarius green te Louisiana lafeyette. This was the yr of the tight end in the NFL and this kids size and speed combo is on par with the jimmy Graham's of the world. He needs the add a little weight but at 6`6 he deffinetly has the frame to add it.

4 pick 32 james-michael Johnson MLB Nevada with Goff coming off acl and being a free agent and Greg Jones not maturing at this point a MLB is a neccesity in this draft and there aren't many better then Mr. Johnson.

Rd 4 compensatory selection from Barry coefield. Philip Blake center Baylor baas was bad this yr some developmental depth is needed. Blake is strong and has good quickness.

Rd 5 pick 32 jamarcus'yoshi' hardrick LT Nebraska red eye turned me on to this guy and he is an animal and I don't understand how he's not ranked alot higher on the tackle list. Has a mean streak and plays to the whistle check out red eyes vid of him vs south Carolina against clowney and ingram. Also from same community college as jpp and jacquan williams.lets keep going back to this well.

rd 6 pick 32 tauren Poole RB Tennessee good back who battled injuries and a crappy online all year but tore it up at the senior bowl

Rd7 not sure if we traded this pick for sage rosenfels last yr or not but if we did I think we may get a compensatory selection for Steve smith or Kevin boss . Akiem hicks the large man from Canada that played at the shrine game he's 6'4 325 and has decent athleticisim.[/quote] YOU GAVE IT SOME THOUGHT CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR SECOND TRY!!! tRADING OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND AND COMING UP WITH A 4RD PIC?

Veteran

[quote user="Manning2Niks"][quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Manning2Niks"]Were gonna trade back 10 spots from an already low position just to gain a 4th?

You don't think it's ridiculous?[/quote]

yeah it is. no diss to the OP he put some work into this but a trade of the 32 garners at least 2 2nd round picks

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Manning2Niks"][quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Manning2Niks"]Were gonna trade back 10 spots from an already low position just to gain a 4th?

yeah it is.* no diss to the OP he put some work into this but a trade of the 32 garners at least 2 2nd round picks
    [/quote] always feel its best to go with a low estimate lol guess that one was a little too low. Thx for the input guys next time I'll give us a bit more. I guess I just figured the thirty second is basically a second already so moving down a few spots and getting another player that I like and an extra fourth for depth BC we got a lot of free agents and spots to fill. I do appreciate all the feedback tho negative and positive. How do u guys like the players I have us selecting.

[quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]With so many free agents and very little cap room, I think that the giants should trade down to get another cost controlled player.

Rd7 not sure if we traded this pick for sage rosenfels last yr or not but if we did I think we may get a compensatory selection for Steve smith or Kevin boss . Akiem hicks the large man from Canada that played at the shrine game he's 6'4 325 and has decent athleticisim.[/quote] YOU GAVE IT SOME THOUGHT CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR SECOND TRY!!! tRADING OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND AND COMING UP WITH A 4RD PIC?[/quote] are u being sarcastic or for real. Either way its cool guess I could a given us a bit more. I just was thinking about getting two players that I really like.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Manning2Niks"][quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Manning2Niks"]Were gonna trade back 10 spots from an already low position just to gain a 4th?

yeah it is. no diss to the OP he put some work into this but a trade of the 32 garners at least 2 2nd round picks
    [/quote] always feel its best to go with a low estimate lol guess that one was a little too low. Thx for the input guys next time I'll give us a bit more. I guess I just figured the thirty second is basically a second already so moving down a few spots and getting another player that I like and an extra fourth for depth BC we got a lot of free agents and spots to fill. I do appreciate all the feedback tho negative and positive. How do u guys like the players I have us selecting.[/quote]

Hey, I didnt really mean to come off as the d-bag I did. Much apologies. There was a lot of thought put into the picks so I should have taken that into account. There's sometimes so many posts void of any actual logic I can go into blind a-hole mode. Sometimes even us cynics need to be brought back down to earth.

Maybe try a revised version taking into account the low value you gave us for the 1st. Maybe even if the "value" isnt seen until next year (perhaps we get Miamis 2013 2nd too?).

I should continue to work on be CONstructive rather than DEstructive. Its not like I'm outting up any mocks...

[quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Manning2Niks"][quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Manning2Niks"]Were gonna trade back 10 spots from an already low position just to gain a 4th?

yeah it is.* no diss to the OP he put some work into this but a trade of the 32 garners at least 2 2nd round picks
    [/quote] always feel its best to go with a low estimate lol guess that one was a little too low. Thx for the input guys next time I'll give us a bit more. I guess I just figured the thirty second is basically a second already so moving down a few spots and getting another player that I like and an extra fourth for depth BC we got a lot of free agents and spots to fill. I do appreciate all the feedback tho negative and positive. How do u guys like the players I have us selecting.[/quote]It wasn't a low estimate, it is actually a little bit under in terms of the draft board (4 points).

Don't know why people expect more from trading from 32 to 40 than a 4th round pick.

+ Reply to Thread