+ Reply to Thread

DTV SUNDAY TICKET & 4:15PM GIANTS GAMES.

I have to get this off my chest, and I don't think I'm the only one upset by this. I have the Sunday Ticket, and pay good money for it too. Yesterday was the third time this year a G-MEN game has been broadcasted locally at 4:15PM in my area, and I've missed snaps because Fox deems it necessary that I watch some crappy game I don't want to watch instead of the Giants, who I'm paying to watch. For those who don't know, if a game is being locally aired, DTV won't show it on the Sunday Ticket. Direct TV needs to do something about this. I missed the first three minutes (and the Beckum TD) yesterday, practically the whole 1st quarter of the 49ers game, and the KO of the New England game all because Fox wants to show the end of football games that I couldn't care less about. Sorry for the rant. I'm livid that I'm paying money to watch all the Giants snaps but I'm not getting them all because Fox sucks and obviously doesn't give two craps about their relationship with DTV and their customers. And these are like the biggest games of the week too! Us vs. the 49ers, Pats, and Packers! Way to treat your marquee match-ups Fox! Yea, its way more important I watch the end of the Broncos/Vikings game. Does anyone know why DTV doesn't broadcast games that are being locally aired? At least broadcast the beginning of the game on Direct TV while the local station is wrapping up the 1PM game. This seriously ticks me off.

Re: DTV SUNDAY TICKET & 4:15PM GIANTS GAMES.

I have the same problem as well. Got a break yesterday when FOX didn't show a 1pm game, so the Giants game was on time.

Get screwed over a few weeks back for the 49ers game when Fox was showing Falcons/Saints game that went into OT and ending missing a good chunk of the 1st quarter.

If I can't see the game I want to see (in it's entirety) what's the point?

Same here, I missed almost the whole first quarter of the niners game 'cuz of the Falcons/Saints, and that wasn't even the original game being aired locally. They cut to it after the original 1PM game ended! I seriously think I'm done with the Sunday Ticket after this season. I'm a displaced fan, but seem to get every 4PM G-MEN game locally aired, and we play alot of Monday & Sunday night games which are nationally televised. Then the games I don't get to see, I can listen to on my iphone using the NFL mobile app. For those who don't know, you can listen to every game live using the NFL mobile app. I'm done wasting money on the Sunday Ticket.

Bench Player

When ever this happens DTV will broadcast it on the Sunday Ticket Channel that normally wouldn't work b/c of the coverage area. I used to think the same thing.

Starter

I am in Florida and pay for the Sunday Ticket. When this happens, as it did yesterday, I go to the game mix channel, (701 or 702) and then 8 games are shown in split screen including the ones blacked out in our area and the ones that are delayed in displaying on the local channel. At least you get to see the game even though you may need a magnifying glass. :-)

[quote user="2178"]I am in Florida and pay for the Sunday Ticket. When this happens, as it did yesterday, I go to the game mix channel, (701 or 702) and then 8 games are shown in split screen including the ones blacked out in our area and the ones that are delayed in displaying on the local channel. At least you get to see the game even though you may need a magnifying glass. :-)[/quote]

Wow, I never even thought about that. Thanks for the tip.

[quote user="Pa_Gmen"]When ever this happens DTV will broadcast it on the Sunday Ticket Channel that normally wouldn't work b/c of the coverage area. I used to think the same thing.[/quote]

No, it isn't. That's the whole point of my rant. I flipped to the channel and it said it was blacked out since it was being showed locally, which it wasn't!

I dropped dtv this year. Dont miss it. Cable doesnt cut out in the rain. And I use the internet for games not shown on tv. Found a british feed yesterday with 3 play by play guys one of which played LB for indy and a brit guy. During commercial/tv timeouts they would analyze the game up to that point then when game was back on it resumed with joe buck and aikman like a normal fox feed. Pretty awesome. Dtv can eat me
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

[quote user="PIERCEnumber58rules"]I have to get this off my chest, and I don't think I'm the only one upset by this. I have the Sunday Ticket, and pay good money for it too. Yesterday was the third time this year a G-MEN game has been broadcasted locally at 4:15PM in my area, and I've missed snaps because Fox deems it necessary that I watch some crappy game I don't want to watch instead of the Giants, who I'm paying to watch. For those who don't know, if a game is being locally aired, DTV won't show it on the Sunday Ticket. Direct TV needs to do something about this. I missed the first three minutes (and the Beckum TD) yesterday, practically the whole 1st quarter of the 49ers game, and the KO of the New England game all because Fox wants to show the end of football games that I couldn't care less about. Sorry for the rant. I'm livid that I'm paying money to watch all the Giants snaps but I'm not getting them all because Fox sucks and obviously doesn't give two craps about their relationship with DTV and their customers. And these are like the biggest games of the week too! Us vs. the 49ers, Pats, and Packers! Way to treat your marquee match-ups Fox! Yea, its way more important I watch the end of the Broncos/Vikings game. Does anyone know why DTV doesn't broadcast games that are being locally aired? At least broadcast the beginning of the game on Direct TV while the local station is wrapping up the 1PM game. This seriously ticks me off.[/quote]Directv does it becasue that is the agreement with the NFL. This is an NFL rule because they want to make sure that local TV station do not get hurt advertisement revenue-wise. It is the same thing with the NHL ticket. Now the local stations should switch to the local game when it starts, but sometimes they do not. Folks, you can always go online and watch the game on your computer for free. Granted, it is not HD, but it is good enough for me to cancel my Directv and save myself the $300.00

[quote user="PIERCEnumber58rules"][quote user="Pa_Gmen"]When ever this happens DTV will broadcast it on the Sunday Ticket Channel that normally wouldn't work b/c of the coverage area. I used to think the same thing.[/quote]

No, it isn't. That's the whole point of my rant. I flipped to the channel and it said it was blacked out since it was being showed locally, which it wasn't![/quote]

Same here PA..when this happens , they have turned on Giants game on normally blocked channel until game starts on local channel, then it blackouts out again. Maybe a regional thing?