+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luke Kuechly @ 32

Re: Luke Kuechly @ 32

and there are plenty of nonathletic BLACK lbs...bart scott comes to mind..london fletcher isnt athletic..just really instinctive and reallly good

Veteran

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="giantman8493"][quote user="smashndash715"][quote user="Spizi"]yea I know he's a beast but I know the NFL is racist against white people lol Is he that much better of a prospect than Laurinaitus, Lee, or Poz? He is kinda small.[/quote]

i dont know how they are racist against white people but ok...i would say he is as good of a prospect as them..and they are all really good in my opinion[/quote] How many white players play defense..... not a lot. the black lbs are more athletic so they may go ahead of him based on potential but luke is a beast.[/quote]

Clay Matthews
    Brian Urlacher
    AJ Hawk
    James Laurinitis
    Sean Lee
    Brian Cushing
    ...[/quote]

and there you go. you named all of them haha. Anyway I just don't see Kuechly going in the top 20. He's not a good enough athlete to warrant that high of a pick.

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="giantman8493"][quote user="smashndash715"][quote user="Spizi"]yea I know he's a beast but I know the NFL is racist against white people lol Is he that much better of a prospect than Laurinaitus, Lee, or Poz? He is kinda small.[/quote]

i dont know how they are racist against white people but ok...i would say he is as good of a prospect as them..and they are all really good in my opinion[/quote] How many white players play defense..... not a lot. the black lbs are more athletic so they may go ahead of him based on potential but luke is a beast.[/quote]

Clay Matthews
    Brian Urlacher
    AJ Hawk
    James Laurinitis
    Sean Lee
    Brian Cushing
    ...[/quote]yeah and i didnt say they couldent.... its just harder.

[quote user="smashndash715"]and there are plenty of nonathletic BLACK lbs...bart scott comes to mind..london fletcher isnt athletic..just really instinctive and reallly good[/quote]jesus.. i mean there are expections but the majority is like that.

I think unless he shows up to the combine 240+ & can hit a 4.6ish 40 then he'll fall a bit....

Clay Matthews
    Brian Urlacher
    AJ Hawk
    James Laurinitis
    Sean Lee
    Brian Cushing
    ...[/quote]

"He's a high motor player..."

[quote user="myles2424"]I think unless he shows up to the combine 240+ & can hit a 4.6ish 40 then he'll fall a bit....[/quote]

40 means almost nothing to a MLB. The cone drills and other quickness drills will matter way more.

The only time 40 matters is when someone puts up a REALLY good or bad number. Otherwise , it is a throwaway stat. How many times a season does a MLB run 40 yards in a straight line? Maybe 5?

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="myles2424"]I think unless he shows up to the combine 240+ & can hit a 4.6ish 40 then he'll fall a bit....[/quote]

40 means almost nothing to a MLB. The cone drills and other quickness drills will matter way more.

The only time 40 matters is when someone puts up a REALLY good or bad number. Otherwise , it is a throwaway* stat. How many times a season does a MLB run 40 yards in a straight line? Maybe 5?
    [/quote]

The 40 actually does apply here since you're evaluating someone asked to play from sideline to sideline.

Though Kuechly's stock shouldn't move drastically just because of the combine. The majority of teams' player evaluations should have occurred already, and I certainly don't think Kuechly will interview poorly or show any sign of poor work ethic. If he drops, it is simply because he is a mlb.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="myles2424"]I think unless he shows up to the combine 240+ & can hit a 4.6ish 40 then he'll fall a bit....[/quote]

The only time 40 matters is when someone puts up a REALLY good or bad number. Otherwise , it is a throwaway* stat. How many times a season does a MLB run 40 yards in a straight line? Maybe 5?
    [/quote] I agree.....but a prospect asked to cover a lot of ground running a 4.5-6 sounds much better than 4.7-8.....regardless 40 time can still effectct his stock

I still have reservations about his not being "athletic." I encourage anyone to go watch his 2011 game vs FSU. Its really hard to see all the movement FSU made him do and still doubt his ability to move around.

He may not be the best athlete in the class, but I do think he is a good 1. I still think he may surprise at the combine.

+ Reply to Thread