+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Luke Kuechly @ 32

Veteran

Re: Luke Kuechly @ 32

Lots of mocks with him top 12

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="myles2424"]I think unless he shows up to the combine 240+ & can hit a 4.6ish 40 then he'll fall a bit....[/quote]

40 means almost nothing to a MLB. The cone drills and other quickness drills will matter way more.

The only time 40 matters is when someone puts up a REALLY good or bad number. Otherwise , it is a throwaway* stat. How many times a season does a MLB run 40 yards in a straight line? Maybe 5?
    [/quote]

The 40 actually does apply here since you're evaluating someone asked to play from sideline to sideline.

Though Kuechly's stock shouldn't move drastically just because of the combine. The majority of teams' player evaluations should have occurred already, and I certainly don't think Kuechly will interview poorly or show any sign of poor work ethic. If he drops, it is simply because he is a mlb.[/quote]

Only 40 splits will really be telling (showing off acceleration) and the shuttle drills.

Except to clubs with really bad personel people and the Cowboys.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I think he would be a very solid pick at 32. I believe that you have to look at what happens in the beginning of free agency before we can zero in on what our specific needs would be at 32.

I saw 3 mocks tonight that have Kuechly going to the Eagles at no. 15.

[quote user="Spizi"]Does anyone think Kuechly will fall? I honestly believe he could be there when we pick.

What separates him from guys like Laurinaitus, Lee, and Posluzny? Those guys were both studs and fell to the top of the second round most likely because they're white. What do you think?[/quote]

I just read about this kid...I am intrigued !!!

over 500 Tackles, played both Mike and Will, is intelligent and continues the BC tradition the Jints picked up on with Coughlin, Kiwi, Herzlich, Blackmon, Snee and even that Purvis kid

[link]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/17340659/bcs-super-productive-kuechly-eager-to-show-numbers-can-translate-to-nfl[/link]

I was pretty sad we missed out on Pozulsuky(sp), Laurinitis (sp), P-Willis, Beason etc.

I think this kid plus Boley, J-Will, GJ and Goff either adds quality depth or out-right starts depending on a true and full training camp.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="G-Men4Supes"]I saw 3 mocks tonight that have Kuechly going to the Eagles at no. 15.

[/quote]

He would be perfect for them, but Eagles don't like drafting LBs before round 4.

He might not be stout enough for a Giant MLB. Look at him physically.Small waist , not much girth through the lower half of his body. Not overly strong in his upper half either.He is an instinctual great Football player but I dont believe he fits the athletic profile for the Giants as a high draft pick.I liked Sean Lee a lot coming out and he profiles similarly physically.Id say the LB situation was in more of dire straits then and they passed on him.The injury could of scared them off on him though

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]He might not be stout enough for a Giant MLB. Look at him physically.Small waist , not much girth through the lower half of his body. Not overly strong in his upper half either.He is an instinctual great Football player but I dont believe he fits the athletic profile for the Giants as a high draft pick.I liked Sean Lee a lot coming out and he profiles similarly physically.Id say the LB situation was in more of dire straits then and they passed on him.The injury could of scared them off on him though[/quote]

But see that's the thing. We pick 32 so it's not a high pick!! Kuechly would fit the mold at 32 becuase of BPA, BC, and we need a frickin MLB! haha

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]He might not be stout enough for a Giant MLB. Look at him physically.Small waist , not much girth through the lower half of his body. Not overly strong in his upper half either.He is an instinctual great Football player but I dont believe he fits the athletic profile for the Giants as a high draft pick.I liked Sean Lee a lot coming out and he profiles similarly physically.Id say the LB situation was in more of dire straits then and they passed on him.The injury could of scared them off on him though[/quote]

But see that's the thing. We pick 32 so it's not a high pick!! Kuechly would fit the mold at 32 becuase of BPA, BC, and we need a frickin MLB! haha[/quote]High pick i mean the first 2 Rounds. Physically speaking I dont see it for the Giants.He almost looks like a WLB

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]He might not be stout enough for a Giant MLB. Look at him physically.Small waist , not much girth through the lower half of his body. Not overly strong in his upper half either.He is an instinctual great Football player but I dont believe he fits the athletic profile for the Giants as a high draft pick.I liked Sean Lee a lot coming out and he profiles similarly physically.Id say the LB situation was in more of dire straits then and they passed on him.The injury could of scared them off on him though[/quote]

But see that's the thing. We pick 32 so it's not a high pick!! Kuechly would fit the mold at 32 becuase of BPA, BC, and we need a frickin MLB! haha[/quote]High pick i mean the first 2 Rounds. Physically speaking I dont see it for the Giants.He almost looks like a WLB[/quote]

That's his appeal. LBers have to excel on coverage these days (any of the LBers).

But yeah I don't think we go with a LBer on day 1. We have so many right now both starters and depth and given our past history with LBs (under Reese) I think he'll be satisfied with what we have and may add depth in day 2 of the draft if that.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

+ Reply to Thread