+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At least Giants lose to a very good team...

Re: At least Giants lose to a very good team...

[quote user="rEaS"][quote user="Ntegrase96"] most defenses have been able to have success against us until we begin the hurry up offense.
    [/quote]

yeah but we suck against the hurry up offense.. literally.. it should be a good game both times.. i think we split it and it all comes down to what happens in the other 2 games for each team.. we should beat the jets and the skins..
    [/quote]

True. If Dallas beats the Eagles and splits the series with NY, then we clinch. But I'm not holding my breath. The best opportunity may have eluded us.

[quote user="Rusty192"][quote user="shok"]I don't know what game you watched, but the Cardinals defense were playing lights out all game.
    Kolb came alive in the second half.

Garrett knows how to beat the Giants and he will have a good game plan.

Plus Miles will be back[/quote]yeah like Garrett always beats us. *sarcasm*

It was one game.

We've had the most success against you guys as of late and I expect Sunday to be no different.
    [/quote]

He has a lot of success against the Giants with his offense. We'll discard the year and a half when Terrell Owens was on this team and playing great football-- Garrett had success against a lot of teams that year.

In 2008, the games were a poor indicator. Brad Johnson and I can't even remember who the third QB was at the time QBed for us the first game, and the second the Giants were on their downward spiral.

2009 you swept us, but the offense performed well. The defense is what let us down those games. Romo had a horrid game in the first meeting, but the Cowboys put up 31 including what could've been a game winning drive in the waning moments, but our defense, much like this year, couldn't seem to stop anyone in crunch time. And in the second meeting Romo had nearly 400 yards passing. Honestly can't remember how that game ended other than we lost.

2010-- the offense scored more than 30 in both games, despite Kitna being the QB for much of both of them (I'd say some of the first game had garbage points, but if I remember right it almost put Dallas within reach).

This weekend will be a good game Dallas vs NYG, seriously who isn't going to watch that game come Sunday night?

[quote user="rEaS"][quote user="Ntegrase96"] most defenses have been able to have success against us until we begin the hurry up offense.
    [/quote]

yeah but we suck against the hurry up offense.. literally.. it should be a good game both times.. i think we split it and it all comes down to what happens in the other 2 games for each team.. we should beat the jets and the skins..
    [/quote]we not splitting *#*# you know you basically saying we are losing 5 straight or losing at home the last game of the season to the Cowboys in a playoff style game. we just lost four straight games we have to sweep the 'Boys. Sounds good to me I hate 'em anyway.

[quote user="G-ManSB42"][quote user="rEaS"][quote user="Ntegrase96"] most defenses have been able to have success against us until we begin the hurry up offense.
    [/quote]

[/quote]we not splitting *#*# you know you basically saying we are losing 5 straight or losing at home the last game of the season to the Cowboys in a playoff style game. we just lost four straight games we have to sweep the 'Boys. Sounds good to me I hate 'em anyway.[/quote]

That's the Giants best shot at winning the division. I posted yesterday that I think the Giants are in a better position than most people seem to think around here, but I was wrong in my assessment-- at least mathematically.

There's only one way the Giants can sweep Dallas and not win the division, and it's the least likely scenario I foresee. The Giants would have to lose both games against the Jets and Skins, and Dallas would have to win against the Eagles and Bucs. I don't see that being a likely scenario.

I think the Giants have a bit more momentum even though they're on a losing streak. It's better than Dallas' winning slump for the most part.

I also think the Giants are more poised to make a playoff run should they get there. They've already faced the top 3 seeds and have seen what they're all about, playing 2 of the 3 teams very close.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="G-ManSB42"][quote user="rEaS"][quote user="Ntegrase96"] most defenses have been able to have success against us until we begin the hurry up offense.
    [/quote]

[/quote]we not splitting *#*# you know you basically saying we are losing 5 straight or losing at home the last game of the season to the Cowboys in a playoff style game. we just lost four straight games we have to sweep the 'Boys. Sounds good to me I hate 'em anyway.[/quote]

That's the Giants best shot at winning the division. I posted yesterday that I think the Giants are in a better position than most people seem to think around here, but I was wrong in my assessment-- at least mathematically.

There's only one way the Giants can sweep Dallas and not win the division, and it's the least likely scenario I foresee. The Giants would have to lose both games against the Jets and Skins, and Dallas would have to win against the Eagles and Bucs. I don't see that being a likely scenario.

I think the Giants have a bit more momentum even though they're on a losing streak. It's better than Dallas' winning slump for the most part.

I also think the Giants are more poised to make a playoff run should they get there. They've already faced the top 3 seeds and have seen what they're all about, playing 2 of the 3 teams very close.
    [/quote]</P>

True. but 4 losses in a row is 4 losses in a row. NO way to put a positive spin on that. There is no "Moral Victory" Column in the Stats. just Wins losses and Ties.. Thats it. </P>

So what we played the 49ers, philly and GB close. They were all losses. So was the Cards game and Seattle game. Two other games they should have won but found a way to lose. This team is going in wrong direction and its time to scrap this coaching staff and alot of the dead wood on this roster and start over.</P>

Also making excuses about bad calls like Ballards knee and the two Tds by Jennings and Driver are just Stupid. The Packers beat us plain and simple. You ddont deserve to win if you cant stop a team that starts on their own 20 with 58seconds left and cant even force OT. Pathetic</P>
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Giantpasion"]At least Giants lose to a very good team... and almost win. My Cowboys struggle and lose to a really bad Cardinals team. Jason Garrett really stunk it up with his play calling and decision making last night! You guys might just roll into Dallas next week and put us away! No faith in my team anymore but what can I do... I'm a die hard CB fan!
    [/quote]

We did win. Ballard's TD was good, and Jennings was not... we won by 8 points. Nobody told the NFL, but I know it.

[quote user="redbeardxxv"][quote user="Giantpasion"]At least Giants lose to a very good team... and almost win. My Cowboys struggle and lose to a really bad Cardinals team. Jason Garrett really stunk it up with his play calling and decision making last night! You guys might just roll into Dallas next week and put us away! No faith in my team anymore but what can I do... I'm a die hard CB fan!
    [/quote]

We did win. Ballard's TD was good, and Jennings was not... we won by 8 points. Nobody told the NFL, but I know it.[/quote]
    Yea, we won by 8 points just like that highschool team that had the QB rush for a td in final seconds and raise his hand in the air and put it down in victory as he crossed the 20 with all defenders well behind him. They won a state championship. Only problem is the trophy is in the other teams trophy case, just like the packers are still unbeaten and we have lost 4 in a row. Yep we won by 8 points
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Giantpasion"]At least Giants lose to a very good team... and almost win. My Cowboys struggle and lose to a really bad Cardinals team. Jason Garrett really stunk it up with his play calling and decision making last night! You guys might just roll into Dallas next week and put us away! No faith in my team anymore but what can I do... I'm a die hard CB fan!
    [/quote]Giants almost lost to them as well

[/quote]

Sorry dude, but I've never accepted that argument from opposing fans, and I'm not going to accept it from a Giants fan!
    That argument is the "first cousin" of the phrase
    "the best team lost!"
    I despise that kind of logic.

+ Reply to Thread