+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Zebrie Sanders (OT)?

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]He's too finesse for my liking. he reminds me of Beatty. We need maulers on our line. Gimmie Adams or Matin or Reiff[/quote]

I was kind of thinking this too the more I see of Sanders.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

Yeah, kind of reminds me of Beatty earlier in his career as well. He gets rag dolled against any kind of power. Is it because he's a fineese player or just that he needs to get stronger? Tyron Smith was a guy who was physical but looked fineese because of his weight. I hope Sanders is that same type of guy

But he's much, much better than Beatty coming out from a technique standpoint. Really his ONLY flaw is his upper body strength. In all other facets of the game he shows great talent and upside. Definitely someone I wouldn't mind the giants drafting and developing.

Unfortunately I think Reese is satisfied with Diehl, Brewer, and Beatty as the tackles.

I am not a fan of Sanders for a couple reasons.

1) His experience at LT is because of the injury to Andrew Datko causing Zebrie to be shifted over to LT. Sanders was the 2nd best tackle on this team prior to that injury. All of FSU's o-line struggled this year after Datko's injury. I would even argue that Bobby Hart FSU's true freshamn who was 16 at the start of the 2011 season outplayed Sanders. I was never once impressed with Sander's play. The entire FSU oline was a disaster this year.

2) Word out of the senior bowl practice was that he got schooled for much of the practice week and spent a lot of time angry over the fact that they had him largely practicing on the right side, rather than the left. Likely, because the money is bigger for LT's than RT's but again, he was a RT by trade until Datko fell. He was seen at one point arguing with his agent after Quinton Coples made easy work of him....again.

3) I am an FSU alum. I worked in Tallahassee for a few years and have more than a few friends close to that program. Yet, odly enough aside from praise of Sander's fitness, I do not hear much praise. The fitness is explained more by Rick Trickett(FSU's oline coach) than anything since rick puts all olineman on a strict diet and workout regime the day they step on campus. Last year, I was very high on Rodney Hudson because the praise coming from the program was just THAT resounding, on top of his stellar college career. I hear almost none of that this year. Rick Trickett is a brilliant Oline coach. Last year, Rick's praise of Hudson was resounding, where is it this year about Sanders?

4) I do not think Sanders is smart, and Olineman have to be intelligent. Blocking schemes are much more complicated than people realize and its long been said the smartest group of players on any good football team are the Olineman. As evidence of Zebries questionable intelligence, I give you <u>this link</u>. Granted it was a couple years ago, but still that clip says a lot to me.

I always wish FSU grads well, but this kid isnt for me, especially if he thinks he is going to be a LT. I wouldnt look his way until the 2nd or 3rd rounds, and I am not sure even about a 2nd rounder.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I am not a fan of Sanders for a couple reasons.

1) His experience at LT is because of the injury to Andrew Datko causing Zebrie to be shifted over to LT. Sanders was the 2nd best tackle on this team prior to that injury. All of FSU's o-line struggled this year after Datko's injury. I would even argue that Bobby Hart FSU's true freshamn who was 16 at the start of the 2011 season outplayed Sanders. I was never once impressed with Sander's play. The entire FSU oline was a disaster this year.

2) Word out of the senior bowl practice was that he got schooled for much of the practice week and spent a lot of time angry over the fact that they had him largely practicing on the right side, rather than the left. Likely, because the money is bigger for LT's than RT's but again, he was a RT by trade until Datko fell. He was seen at one point arguing with his agent after Quinton Coples made easy work of him....again.

3) I am an FSU alum. I worked in Tallahassee for a few years and have more than a few friends close to that program. Yet, odly enough aside from praise of Sander's fitness, I do not hear much praise. The fitness is explained more by Rick Trickett(FSU's oline coach) than anything since rick puts all olineman on a strict diet and workout regime the day they step on campus. Last year, I was very high on Rodney Hudson because the praise coming from the program was just THAT resounding, on top of his stellar college career.* I hear almost none of that this year. Rick Trickett is a brilliant Oline coach. Last year, Rick's praise of Hudson was resounding, where is it this year about Sanders?

4) I do not think Sanders is smart, and Olineman have to be intelligent. Blocking schemes are much more complicated than people realize and its long been said the smartest group of players on any good football team are the Olineman. As evidence of Zebries questionable intelligence, I give you <u>this link</u>. Granted it was a couple years ago, but still that clip says a lot to me.

I always wish FSU grads well, but this kid isnt for me, especially if he thinks he is going to be a LT. I would look his way until the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

[/quote]

I was thinking of him more as a replacement for KM at RT.

But I hear a lot of things similar to what you're saying more and more.

Ah well.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

I would give my left kidney to be in the interviews when he is explaining this to team scouts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV448r5f2qI

Reminds me of Kevin Boothe, not necessarily a bad thing, just not worth a 1st round pick imo......1st rounders should be impact players, this guy is not an impact player.

Also, from what I've heard he struggled a bit at the senior bowl being exposed by guys like Coples and Upshaw....I don't think many people view him as a 1st rounder anymore