+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Mohamed Sanu, WR

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="giantsfan420"]dude is an absolute beast. physical, fast as ****.

i'd say a nicks clone is a fair comparison although i think sanu might be faster, guy can straight ball.[/quote]

Nicks (6'1") runs a 4.51 and Sanu (6'2") runs a 4.57.

[/quote]

oh my bad thanks for clarifying.

to those saying no way we'd take a wr, well we are losing MM, and Sanu looks more of a sure thing than JJ, Barden, Thomas, or Clayton so it could happen but I doubt it.

I think Fleener would make more sense, good blocker, excellent speed, excellent route runner, and good in the middle of the field so he'd make sense if we lose MM

Sanu is the 4th ranked WR and #35 ranked player.

It isn't like he is the 2nd ranked WR and is available at 32nd spot. The "BPA" players are ranked ahead of him and would still be available. If he is available in the 2nd round for Giants which is highly unlikely, then the Giants may take the chance on him especially if they lose Manningham.

All-Pro

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Why would you want another WR that high in the draft? He is probably going to be a first round pick and for the Giants to take a WR in the first round makes no sense.[/quote]

Well, I dont think we need another WR with the #1 pick, but, to play devils advocate, we are a passing team now and are most likely losing Manningham. With receivers like Beckum, Ballard, Barden and Jernigan all either injuried or just not ready, a 3rd WR will be needed to take Rio's spot. CAn we find one later in the draft? Sure. But it would be easier to hit in the 1st. There will be solid WRs 1st to mid 2nd coming off the boards, not sure in to the late 2nd.

These 6 most likely will be gone by our 2nd round pick.

# Player School
    Height

Weight

40-Time
    1. Justin Blackmon Oklahoma St.
    6-1

2. Kendall Wright Baylor
    5-10

3. Michael Floyd Notre Dame
    6-3

4. Alshon Jeffery South Carolina
    6-4

5. Mohamed Sanu Rutgers
    6-2

6. Reuben Randle L.S.U.
    6-4

IMO, if Alshon Jeffery is there, we get him.

[quote user="dutchnyg"]You guys are neglecting the fact that JR selects the "Best Player Available" if he is; at that spot, why wouldnt he?[/quote]

Because we don't.

Or rather ... BPA is different to different people.

I think our 3rd WR spot will be a contest between Jernigan and a free agent TBD.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Juron Criner. I'm really high on this guy. Huge hands, big body and was a constant deep threat for Arizona.

2012 Top Wide Receiver Draft Prospects (Updated 2/13/2012) (nfldraftscout.com)
    RankPlayerPosPosition
    Rank
    SchoolClassHt.Wt.Projected
    Round
    40 Time
    6*Justin BlackmonWR1Oklahoma StaterJr6-121514.54
    15Kendall WrightWR2BaylorSr5-1019014.42
    21Michael FloydWR3Notre DameSr6-32241-24.54
    35*Mohamed SanuWR4RutgersJr6-22151-24.57
    45*Alshon JefferyWR5South CarolinaJr6-422924.56

Am I the only one who wants to see them pick TE Dwayne Allen...?

[quote user="ru_gmen55"]Am I the only one who wants to see them pick TE Dwayne Allen...?[/quote]

There's already a thread for that. At the very least lets keep this one about wide receivers, a position that unlike the TE's, has good depth in this draft.

[quote user="Spedracer"][quote user="ru_gmen55"]Am I the only one who wants to see them pick TE Dwayne Allen...?[/quote]

There's already a thread for that. At the very least lets keep this one about wide receivers, a position that unlike the TE's, has good depth in this draft.[/quote]

Gotcha...didn't see it I guess. Not looking to discuss it at length, just something that I thought of.

Whatsup with Joe Adams? Dude balled in college & from what I hear was the most impressive player at the senior bowl......beat in the return game,kinda like a deasen Jackson type.....will be picked in the 2nd or later due to size....