+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You know what's pretty amazing?

Forget for a moment that we lost this game and ponder this:

Whenever another team plays us, their main goal is to rattle Eli early and force him into dumb mistakes. Every opposing fan I've ever heard says the same exact thing. "we gotta rattle Manning early so he crumbles the rest of the game" etc...

What this game (and a lot of games this season) has shown me is that you can't effect Eli the whole game.

Eli is the ultimate Virus. He adapts to almost anything.

For example: that horrible pick-6. When I thought the game was over at that point, a thought hit me: once Eli gets his dumb play out of the way he is brilliant the rest of the game. Me might get affected at first by the pressure, but then goes into beast mode and can't be stopped. Last nights game was a perfect example. The packers got to him a lot later in the game and still couldn't stop him.

The point of this thread. You can try and force Eli into making mistakes, but he'll always find a way to overcome and beat you.

lol it seems that EchoDrive commercial is right...

Re: You know what's pretty amazing?

[quote user="Rusty192"]Forget for a moment that we lost this game and ponder this:

Whenever another team plays us, their main goal is to rattle Eli early and force him into dumb mistakes. Every opposing fan I've ever heard says the same exact thing. "we gotta rattle Manning early so he crumbles the rest of the game" etc...

What this game (and a lot of games this season) has shown me is that you can't effect Eli the whole game.

For example: that horrible pick-6. When I thought the game was over at that point, a thought hit me: once Eli gets his dumb play out of the way he is brilliant the rest of the game. Me might get affected at first by the pressure, but then goes into beast mode and can't be stopped. Last nights game was a perfect example. The packers got to him a lot later in the game and still couldn't stop him.

The point of this thread. You can try and force Eli into making mistakes, but he'll always find a way to overcome and beat you.

[/quote]

Eli actually plays better if you knock him around. He's ridiculous.

I find it funny how Eli isn't in so-and-so's class but he never gets shown up when he's matched up against so-and-so.

When toe-toe with Rogers and just a little defense would have allowed him to come out on top.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="Rusty192"]Forget for a moment that we lost this game and ponder this:

[/quote]

The funny thing about that is the pure misconception of the idea.

Manning is actually the second highest rated QB while facing 5 or more rushers the past two seasons. Unfortunately for us, AR12 is the highest, lol.

[/quote]

The reason why people said that was because it used to be true.

But now, it's not. He's taken his game to another level. And despite the fact that yesterday's game wasn't his best, his positives overshadow the negatives.

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Rusty192"]Forget for a moment that we lost this game and ponder this:

[/quote]

But now, it's not. He's taken his game to another level. And despite the fact that yesterday's game wasn't his best, his positives overshadow the negatives.

[/quote]its funny how rival fans still believe it though, even though it never works

[quote user="Rusty192"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Rusty192"]Forget for a moment that we lost this game and ponder this:

[/quote]

[/quote]its funny how rival fans still believe it though, even though it never works
    [/quote]

You're right. It takes time to get people's attention. I'm sure Packer fans have a better understanding of Eli now however. To them the Championship game was probably a fluke. Now they see he is no fluke.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Rusty192"]Forget for a moment that we lost this game and ponder this:

[/quote]

But now, it's not.* He's taken his game to another level.* And despite the fact that yesterday's game wasn't his best, his positives overshadow the negatives.

[/quote]

Whoa Whoa whoa be clear...that was NEVER true. Eli never could be rattled.

Rookie year plays well against a very strong Steelers pass Rush

In his second year in the league he went over to San Diego and had a huge game despite being under constant pressure.

Have we forgotten the Eagles comback where he got sacked like 8 times and threw his team to a great comback victory.

In fact Eli throughout his career has put up great numbers against Eagles who consiste ntly boast one of the top passrush/pressure packages in the league.

Eli also has consistently performed well against the Dallas Cowboys who have also consitently offered a strong pass rush and one of if not the best passrusher in the league.

Its pure BS perception and not reality that Eli can be rattled..Its simply was never true and people are using revisionist history because they cant just come forward and say

"I dont know what I'm talking about. I was very wrong about Eli"
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Rusty192"]Forget for a moment that we lost this game and ponder this:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whoa Whoa whoa be clear...that was NEVER true. Eli never could be rattled.

Rookie year plays well against a very strong Steelers pass Rush

In his second year in the league he went over to San Diego and had a huge game despite being under constant pressure.

Have we forgotten the Eagles comback where he got sacked like 8 times and threw his team to a great comback victory.

In fact Eli throughout his career has put up great numbers against Eagles who consiste ntly boast one of the top passrush/pressure packages in the league.

Eli also has consistently performed well against the Dallas Cowboys who have also consitently offered a strong pass rush and one of if not the best passrusher in the league.

Its pure BS perception and not reality that Eli can be rattled..Its simply was never true and people are using revisionist history because they cant just come forward and say

"I dont know what I'm talking about. I was very wrong about Eli"[/quote]Agreed wholeheartedly. You can try but Eli adapts and conquers.

Folks only remember the pick early in the game, not the dominating performance throughout.

It's never pretty with Eli.

No, I take that back. He has thrown some fantastically beautiful balls this season, but in general, he is all arms and legs...gangly and gawky.

Still, the guy is proving that he never gives up and will always try to find a way to lead us to victory.

Got to admire that!

[quote user="BigBluePoint"]It's never pretty with Eli.

No, I take that back. He has thrown some fantastically beautiful balls this season, but in general, he is all arms and legs...gangly and gawky.

Still, the guy is proving that he never gives up and will always try to find a way to lead us to victory.

Got to admire that!
    [/quote]

true you have to admire Eli's Balls.

Coughlin using his Tablet