+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things to consider re starting psn and depth

Things to consider re starting psn and depth

OL: (I think we need 2 new O linemen, most likely from draft, hopefully 1 from FA):

1 -Beatty is returning from eye injury. He was ok not great at LT. Perhaps he is better suited for RT?
    2- Baas played Center, not his normal psn hurt most if not all year.
    3- Diehl can return and his contract should be restructured.
    4- KMac will probably be released.
    5- We have Brewer to play RT, but we dont know how effective he will be.
    6- Boothe play very well at C and G, but I feel he is valuable backup.

Option 1: Bigger bang for buck is to draft stud blue chip Center Peter Kunz to play Center, and move Baas back to play LG his natural psn. Move Diehl to LT with Beatty as backup or over to RT until Brewster is ready. Draft another LT to groom.

Option 2: Draft a good LT to take over for Diehl when ready, move Beatty to RT until Brewster is ready to play RT. Petrus starts at LG.

RB/WR/TE: All interesting. Biggest need of all 3 psns as of this moment is TE. This is more like to have than need to have because we do have depth at the RB and WR psns. Comes down to BPA when we pick vs Need Psn.

We could easily move Kiwi back to DE. If we do, we have Boley and Pasinger at OLB, MLB Goff, Blackburn, Herzlick, and Jones (Thats 4 MLB), We have Willaims, Sintim, and Adrian Tracy at OLB. If there is a stud blue chipgame changing LB available when we pick, we take him otherwise I dont see it.

Every draft we think we know what the Giants will do and we are usually dead wrong, including me. Reese goes with best value over need.

I think we draft another Safety bc Grant will be cut and Idk how effective Chad Jones will be but i'm rooting for him.

Re: Things to consider re starting psn and depth

[quote user="paul007"]OL: (I think we need 2 new O linemen, most likely from draft, hopefully 1 from FA):

1 -Beatty is returning from eye injury. He was ok not great at LT. Perhaps he is better suited for RT?

Option 1: Bigger bang for buck is to draft stud blue chip Center Peter Kunz to play Center, and move Baas back to play LG his natural psn. Move Diehl to LT with Beatty as backup or over to RT until Brewster is ready. Draft another LT to groom.

Option 2: Draft a good LT to take over for Diehl when ready, move Beatty to RT until Brewster is ready to play RT. Petrus starts at LG.

RB/WR/TE: All interesting. Biggest need of all 3 psns as of this moment is TE. This is more like to have than need to have because we do have depth at the RB and WR psns. Comes down to BPA when we pick vs Need Psn.

We could easily move Kiwi back to DE. If we do, we have Boley and Pasinger at OLB, MLB Goff, Blackburn, Herzlick, and Jones (Thats 4 MLB), We have Willaims, Sintim, and Adrian Tracy at OLB. If there is a stud blue chipgame changing LB available when we pick, we take him otherwise I dont see it.

Every draft we think we know what the Giants will do and we are usually dead wrong, including me. Reese goes with best value over need.

I think we draft another Safety bc Grant will be cut and Idk how effective Chad Jones will be but i'm rooting for him.[/quote] I think we need three olineman two tackles and a center our run game was horrible this year. Eli avoiding sacks is the only reason we didn't give up a rediculous amount of sacks this yr.

[quote user="paul007"]OL: (I think we need 2 new O linemen, most likely from draft, hopefully 1 from FA):

I think we draft another Safety bc Grant will be cut and Idk how effective Chad Jones will be but i'm rooting for him.[/quote] I think we need three olineman two tackles and a center our run game was horrible this year. Eli avoiding sacks is the only reason we didn't give up a rediculous amount of sacks this yr.

[/quote]

Beatty was adequate in pass protection ... his problem was run blocking. The Right Tackle needs to be strong at run blocking. Bad match there.

2- Baas played Center, not his normal psn hurt most if not all year
    We signed Baas as a center. Bad signing at this point. But considering the money invested. I think we're stuck with him for another year.

Agree.

Agree (although it will just be a case of not offering him a new contract).

5- We have Brewer to play RT, but we dont know how effective he will be
    Agree.

Disagree. If he played very well as a starter, why wouldn't you want him .... starting? I don't get this line of thinking.

I think Boothe has earned a starting spot. I'm not sure if he'd be our Center of choice but the line seemed much more solid with him at center than Baas.

I could see us possibly going this way.

I think Beatty would be a worse RT than LT.

At where we pick, a TE (Allen or Fleener) will most likely be BPA. It is also a need for us since Ballard and Beckum probably won't play in 2012.

I think we draft another Safety bc Grant will be cut and Idk how effective Chad Jones will be but i'm rooting for him.
    I think we have enough LBers depth and numbers wise for 2012 on our current roster. And that's with moving Kiwi back to DE. I'm not sure we have the talent at LBer that I'd like, but as we've seen, LBer is the lowest priority position on defense currently.

I agree about getting a Safety early. Unfortunately this draft is light on quality Safeties.

I'm thinking we draft a TE first, a RT early (2nd or 3rd) and a Safety early (2nd or 3rd).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Maybe I'm alone, but I thought Diehl had a rough year. I also think Petrus could be a solid player for us.

Why does everyone want Diehl at LT and Beatty at RT!?!??!

Yes, Diehl did servicable but then again the only team we faced wtih a pass rush dominated Diehl nearly every down. When Diehl had a full season at LT he was BY FAR the worst LT in the league.

Beatty on the other hand was a beast in pass protection against some tough competition until he got poked in the eye and wound up with a detached retina.

Brewer has yet to see a down, so we have no idea what we got, but who's to say he's our RT of the future he was drafted in the 4th or 5th, yes it would be nice for him to step in and be the starter but we can only expect so much from a mid-round draft pick. Yes, I know there are the Tom Brady, Victor Cruz, Bradshaw exceptions, but thats the rare case
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

+ Reply to Thread