+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what is it about Giants fans and the Refs?

I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base.

What are you complaning about..The illegal contact call? Fine bad call but who was crying foul when the refs call that very ticky tack personal foul on Woodson?

I hate NFL refs but we got beat plain and simple.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: what is it about Giants fans and the Refs?

[quote user="burier"]I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base. What are you complaning about..The illegal contact call? Fine bad call but who was crying foul when the refs call that very ticky tack personal foul on Woodson? I hate NFL refs but we got beat plain and simple.[/quote]

they were BS calls on both sides. I thought that TD thatPrince defended was bull**** call. Deffinitely no positive possession on that. That in IMO was a blown call.

I bet every teams has fans who rank on the refs....I have no doubt in that....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="burier"]I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base.

What are you complaning about..The illegal contact call? Fine bad call but who was crying foul when the refs call that very ticky tack personal foul on Woodson?

I hate NFL refs but we got beat plain and simple.[/quote]

Right now the NFL is very protective of quarterbacks and very protective of heads. So if you hit a quarterback's head, you can bet you're going to get called every single time. It is a lame incidental call but it's consistent so no one should be complaining about it, maybe complain about the rule instead.

[quote user="burier"]I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base. What are you complaning about..The illegal contact call? Fine bad call but who was crying foul when the refs call that very ticky tack personal foul on Woodson? I hate NFL refs but we got beat plain and simple.[/quote]

What makes you think our fanbase is worse than any other team's? I would imagine that it's probably pretty much the same everywhere.

Bad calls on both sides. Giants got away with one at the end of the half on the missed FG by Crosby as JPP was lined up in the nuetral zone and wasn't called. Bottom line is the defense didn't make a play when they absolutely needed to and thats why we lost.

[quote user="GameTime"]

they were BS calls on both sides. I thought that TD that*Prince defended was bull**** call. Deffinitely no positive possession on that. That in IMO was a blown call.

[/quote]

Honestlly I don't think that TD was a blown call. There's an angle where the ball moves to the left hand and is controlled.

Anyway we got beat on that play so crying about that play is against my football sensabilities as if it wasn't called a TD it would feel a bit cheap.

(Kinda like that Cruz play against the Cards..If I'm a cards fan Im not gonna whine because the refs didn't get involved and throw me a bone when I didn't do a damn thing to make a play)

I'm sure every team has fans who hate refs..NFL refs are quite bad but its like with us if the ref gets one call wrong they get blamed for a loss..even if like you said they blew calls on both sides.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="burier"]I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base.

I hate NFL refs but we got beat plain and simple.[/quote]

Right now the NFL is very protective of quarterbacks and very protective of heads. So if you hit a quarterback's head, you can bet you're going to get called every single time. It is a lame incidental call but it's consistent so no one should be complaining about it, maybe complain about the rule instead.[/quote]

I do hate the rule, however from my perspective if you look at that play from the front angle it appears to me that Woodson's right forearm actually hits Eli in the chest not the face or head.

His left had appears graze the top of Eli's helmet but I don't believe that sort of contact is consistently called. I don't agree with the rule but I don't agree with the application of this rule in this case.

Veteran

[quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"]

they were BS calls on both sides. I thought that TD thatPrince defended was bull**** call. Deffinitely no positive possession on that. That in IMO was a blown call.

[/quote]

Honestlly I don't think that TD was a blown call. There's an angle where the ball moves to the left hand and is controlled.

Anyway we got beat on that play so crying about that play is against my football sensabilities as if it wasn't called a TD it would feel a bit cheap.

(Kinda like that Cruz play against the Cards..If I'm a cards fan Im not gonna whine because the refs didn't get involved and throw me a bone when I didn't do a damn thing to make a play)

I'm sure every team has fans who hate refs..NFL refs are quite bad but its like with us if the ref gets one call wrong they get blamed for a loss..even if like you said they blew calls on both sides.[/quote]
    He did not have possession all the way through (the way the rule is written). The Driver TD was bad cuz his foot hit the back of the endzone touch line. Thats 14 pts! How bout that PI?

Veteran

Considering Troy Aikman, Greeny, and Golic, as well as Packers fans themselves were questioning the officials' calls, I'd say they were pretty bad.

It's everywhere, are you apart of metaphysics where you are in more than 1 place at 1 time? How do you know other fans don't complain as much as we do?