+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock Draft 2.16

Re: Mock Draft 2.16

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]You do know you only get to pick once each round right? But I like the choices. #1) I'm with my fellow poster here in that I don't think we go with Hightower in the first. We are stacked (numbers wise) at LB (both MLB and OLB) and Hightower doesn't impress me as a guy who will play well in a 4-3 scheme. He's more of a classic MLB which is becoming a dinosaur in this pass happy league and opposing offenses would salivate to run a no-huddle and keep him trapped on the field. I think we go Fleener here as BPA and a need for us (no way Devon Still is still around when we pick in the first imo). #2) I'm not crazy about your RD2 choices. I like Chandler Jones but don't think he'll drop that far in the second. We're stacked at OG and need an OT prospect (would prefer Zebrie Sanders here) to take over for KM and push Brewer. We already have 3 potential stud CBs in CWeb, Prince and T2 so I don't think we go CB here. #3) The only guy I like here is Egenew if we don't go TE in the first. Ballard reminds me of Shonne Green (meh) and would be a reach here (will probably be around in the 4th or even 5th rounds) and Dwight Jones is like Hakeem Nicks ... without the ability. Not sure I'd be happy with a tall receiver with average speed who gets beat up for his lunch money constantly. #4) I like McNutt but I think he falls to the 5th after the Combine (lack of acceleration/burst). But I wouldn't be opposed to taking him in the 4th if his stock is buzzing. He's not going to be a home run hitter but a really good possession guy. I don't like Menzie ... Giants like size and speed and Menzie doesn't have either. I could see them picking him here to add depth but I think McNutt gives you more upside and a potential starter at the #3 receiver spot. I like the Ad**** pick but not here ... he'll be around in the 6th more than likely. #5) Herron doesn't excite me (lack of burst through the hole and only moderate at catching out of the backfield) but doesn't turn me off totally either. Eventually we'll need to look at a QB I agree but I just can't pick a QB with a straight face until Eli shows a hint of not being able to start a game. Provo is a decent pick here if we still haven't gone TE yet. Not sure we go for a second TE in the draft considering we have Pascoe and Christian Hopkins is starting to get some buzz on the PS. #6) Meh on Walsh (but I'll say that about every kicker in the draft) and accuracy > big leg at the kicker position. And Tynes won't be a super FA imo. I like Paige-Moss here a lot ... exactly the type of project the Giants like to play with and his character issues aren't insurmountable (good find here). I like McNutt over Page for what you want him for (and Page is slated to go higher then the 6th). From a personal standpoint I'd like to see the Giants concentrate on TE and Oline (RT specifically). Solid mock. [/quote]</P>

# 1-<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">We are stacked numbers wise, but do we have the talent at these positions? Outside of Kuechly, Burfict and Hightower, there is a big drop off at ILB. If all of these guys are off the board, then I don’t see the Giants drafting an ILB in the draft and sticking with the rotation they currently have. </SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"># 2 - <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Stacked at OG? Outside of Snee the Giants are weak at that position. Boothe is serviceable at best and Petrus is mediocure. If Zeitler were to fall to us, this would an instant upgrade. He is a nasty player that will start from day one. T2 is recovering from a second ACL surgery on the same leg. This does not bode well for his future and the Giants cannot afford to “hope” for the best. </SPAN></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"># 3 - <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Ballard put up great numbers in the SEC for a team that has no one on offense. The fact that he was able to produce those numbers, while opposing defenses game planned for him is impresses. I totally disagree with your Dwight Jones getting “beat up”. He was an impressive player and has a huge ceiling. </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"># 4 - <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Speedy CB’s? T2 is in no way a speedy corner. He is a phenomenal tackler with great instincts. Players can look faster, if they have a high football IQ. Ray Lewis has always been “slow”, but his football IQ is off the charts so it makes him look faster. McNutt is going to be a solid pro WR. Great hands, decent speed and a very good route runner. </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"># 5 - <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Herron has some surprising speed, but he is better known for his vision and production. He is patient enough to wait for a seam and in the fifth round, could be a serviceable backup. I think it is highly likely that the Giants will draft two TE’s in this draft. Hopkins is really a no-namer and if a talent like Provo falls to the fifth round, they will consider. Don’t pick up a QB until there is a “hint”? That means the Giants are going to not be prepared for the what if and we turn into the 2011 Colts. No thanks!</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"># 6 - <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Round 6 and beyond are gambles and teams just try to get lucky. Walsh is a future starting kicker in the league and it’s a need for the Giants. Tynes now has jewelry and will want to get a larger final contract. Moss would be a steal here and I also like Olivier Vernon, DE – The U. </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></P>[/quote]

Ok.

I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

Is Burfict over hyped? I mean the guy is an absolute monster when he gets his hits but wasn't Mayock ripping him the other day? Saying that theres no way he's a first rounder.
    <a href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/15/mayock-vontaze-burfict-is-not-a-first-round-player-at-all/">
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/15/mayock-vontaze-burfict-is-not-a-first-round-player-at-all/</a>

[quote user="GiantsYanks"]Is Burfict over hyped? I mean the guy is an absolute monster when he gets his hits but wasn't Mayock ripping him the other day? Saying that theres no way he's a first rounder.
    <a href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/15/mayock-vontaze-burfict-is-not-a-first-round-player-at-all/">
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/15/mayock-vontaze-burfict-is-not-a-first-round-player-at-all/</a>
    [/quote]

first response on that link:

"I’m an ASU fan and I’ve been saying this since the day he played his
    first game. He doesn’t shed blocks and he doesn’t attack gaps
    aggressively. He makes those 2-3 plays a game that makes the crowd go,
    “Ooooohhh!!!” or “Aaaawwww!!!” but he doesn’t play consistently
    throughout the whole game. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he washed
    out of the NFL in a couple of years. His personal fouls alone cost us
    two games this season."

[quote user="GiantsYanks"][quote user="GiantsYanks"]Is Burfict over hyped? I mean the guy is an absolute monster when he gets his hits but wasn't Mayock ripping him the other day? Saying that theres no way he's a first rounder.*
    [/quote]

first response on that link:

"I’m an ASU fan and I’ve been saying this since the day he played his
    first game. He doesn’t shed blocks and he doesn’t attack gaps
    aggressively. He makes those 2-3 plays a game that makes the crowd go,
    “Ooooohhh!!!” or “Aaaawwww!!!” but he doesn’t play consistently
    throughout the whole game. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he washed
    out of the NFL in a couple of years. His personal fouls alone cost us
    two games this season."
    [/quote]

He's a mid 3rd rounder imo ... and I'm not high on him (but I'm not high on any LBer who doesn't have coverage skills).
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime