+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Joe Flacco's Agent says he deserves top 5 QB money bc of W-L record

what do you guys think? eli only got that after the most improbable super bowl run in NFL history, and he certainly has lived up to that contract.

Doesn't Flacco realize his defense is one of the best defenses of all time? Pretty easy to win when your D holds the other team to 3, 7, or 10 points on the reg...

If he had just been SB MVP I'd say he was being fair, but with no ring, not even an AFC Championship, isn't a little well wrong for him to be demanding to be paid as a top 5 QB?

Re: Joe Flacco says he deserves top 5 QB money bc of W-L record

i think it goes to show that because of the importance and attention QB's get, they probably have a very high opinion of themselves, I'm sure any top 15 QB will believe he's top 5, the thing is, can you prove it?

All-Pro

top 5 money? who are the current top 5 and when did they sign their contracts? But my initial reaction is - he's out of his damn mind.

[quote user="gumby742"]top 5 money?* who are the current top 5 and when did they sign their contracts?* But my initial reaction is - he's out of his damn mind.[/quote]

agreed. if he didn't have a continual top 3 defense, he'd have more ground to stand on...but he DOES have a consistent, year to year, top 3 defense and that is winning a lot more games than Flacco is...how do you think Baltimore WILL and SHOULD handle this?

It's not Flacco making these demands, it's his agent. He's trying to get them both a big payday and I don't think he's going to succeed.
    Flacco has proven himself to be good, but not great, and will probably be paid accordingly.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]It's not Flacco making these demands, it's his agent. He's trying to get them both a big payday and I don't think he's going to succeed.
    Flacco has proven himself to be good, but not great, and will probably be paid accordingly.[/quote]

good point, adjusted title to fit.

i agree but their are teams who need a QB that have SIXTY MILLION in cap space, I can see those teams driving up Flacco's price a ton

All-Pro

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="gumby742"]top 5 money? who are the current top 5 and when did they sign their contracts? But my initial reaction is - he's out of his damn mind.[/quote] agreed. if he didn't have a continual top 3 defense, he'd have more ground to stand on...but he DOES have a consistent, year to year, top 3 defense and that is winning a lot more games than Flacco is...how do you think Baltimore WILL and SHOULD handle this?[/quote]</P>

I think they will and should pay him. Flacco might be overrated and blah blah blah blah, but he's still a "franchise" type QB. Meaning, you can win with the guy and he's probably a top 10 QB. You don't just let that kind of QB leave and hope on to find a diamond in the rough. Besides, the Ravens are built to win now.</P>

Lol I don't think anyone is buying this nonsense. But I mean, it's his agent, what do you want him to say? My guy deserves top 15 money?

Cap-wise, how are the Ravens doing? If Team Flacco plays hardball, perhaps the Ravens become an unlikely #18 sweepstakes entrant?

Mark Sanchez has a similar win/loss record to Flacco, I wonder if he'll try and say he's worth franchise money.

he has or I should say the ravens have the most wins for their QB in the last 4 years so he is hanging is hat on that...</P>

Good luck to him and new contract....</P>
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch