+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chandler Jones DE Syracuse

All-Pro

Chandler Jones DE Syracuse

As a Syracuse fan, I have got to watch this kid play a lot. He is a very good prospect at the DE spot. Some are saying he can fit into a 3-4 OLB, which he probably can because he can cover somewhat, but I think he is more suited for a 4-3 DE.

I really like him and think he fits the Giants DE mold perfect. He is a long player, at 6'5'' and 265, has a non stop motor and can play a roll similar to JPP, meaning he can play the run and pass. He isnt as athletic as JPP, and who is really?, but I feel like he will be a sleeper DE in the draft and a perfect replacement for Osi.

His brother is Arthur Jones playing DE for the Baltimore Ravens.

I was hoping he would stay under the radar but it seemsTodd McShayhas started honing in on his potential and productivity rescently, pushing him into a late 2nd round - 3rd round pick. And if he performs well at the combine, whoch I think he will, he could even go earlier.

Im hoping we can still get him with our 2nd round pick for the future. Our strength is DE, and we must draft a solid DE once every couple of years. Hopefully we can steal this guy, like we did Tuck in 05 in the 3rd round.

Re: Chandler Jones DE Syracuse

He is in all of my mock draft. His other brother is "Bones" Jones, the UFC Champ
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

I agree although I don't think he's nearly the freak that JPP is.

However I think his stock rises a lot in the days leading up to the draft and he goes early in the second round (definitely before we pick second).

If he's still available at #64 I think there is a good chance we nab him in preparation for an Osi-less future (either this year or next).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

<-----Wants him

Now here's a really interesting situation ... if his stock rises as high as I think it will (picks 40-50) do we reach a little and grab him in the first knowing what we do about our love for play making DEs?

I personally would still want one of the TEs (Fleener or Allen) in the first, but I could see the debate being made for this guy.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

[quote user="Kruunch"]Now here's a really interesting situation ... if his stock rises as high as I think it will (picks 40-50) do we reach a little and grab him in the first knowing what we do about our love for play making DEs? I personally would still want one of the TEs (Fleener or Allen) in the first, but I could see the debate being made for this guy.[/quote]

Reese NEVER reaches with the 1st round pick. We wont take him there unless he blows everyone away at the combine and is in Reeses top 32. Reese will take the BPA at 32 which wont be Chandler.

TRading back could be an option though if Reese feels we need more picks to fill a few more holes at LB OL WR and CB since we most likely wont be resigning TT Ross MM KMac...

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Now here's a really interesting situation ... if his stock rises as high as I think it will (picks 40-50) do we reach a little and grab him in the first knowing what we do about our love for play making DEs? I personally would still want one of the TEs (Fleener or Allen) in the first, but I could see the debate being made for this guy.[/quote]

Reese NEVER reaches with the 1st round pick. We wont take him there unless he blows everyone away at the combine and is in Reeses top 32. Reese will take the BPA at 32 which wont be Chandler.

TRading back could be an option though if Reese feels we need more picks to fill a few more holes at LB OL WR and CB since we most likely wont be resigning TT Ross MM KMac...

[/quote]

I dunno about that ... kinda reminds me what they did with Kiwi.

If Jones has a really good Combine, I would expect his draft buzz to push to top of the second or even bottom of the first.

Mostly because of the Giants winning the Super Bowl and the knowledge of how much importance we place on (and the reps of) our DEs.

Now as you pointed out, this means nothing if Reese doesn't rate the kid high enough ... but do you see him being good enough to get a first round grade?

Bench Player

Does anyone have video on this guy?

Scouts Inc have him rated at 24 in the first round, so I'm not sure if taking him in the first round would be considered a reach.

Love Chandler Jones.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] so now, were aren't Resigning TT & Ross???? Interesting....

+ Reply to Thread