+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Re: Chandler Jones DE Syracuse

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Now here's a really interesting situation ... if his stock rises as high as I think it will (picks 40-50) do we reach a little and grab him in the first knowing what we do about our love for play making DEs? I personally would still want one of the TEs (Fleener or Allen) in the first, but I could see the debate being made for this guy.[/quote]

Reese NEVER reaches with the 1st round pick. We wont take him there unless he blows everyone away at the combine and is in Reeses top 32. Reese will take the BPA at 32 which wont be Chandler.

TRading back could be an option though if Reese feels we need more picks to fill a few more holes at LB OL WR and CB since we most likely wont be resigning TT Ross MM KMac...

[/quote] so now, were aren't Resigning TT & Ross???? Interesting....[/quote]
    I doubt it. Unless TT songs a cheap one year deal. We are already 7.5 mil over the cap.

All-Pro

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Now here's a really interesting situation ... if his stock rises as high as I think it will (picks 40-50) do we reach a little and grab him in the first knowing what we do about our love for play making DEs? I personally would still want one of the TEs (Fleener or Allen) in the first, but I could see the debate being made for this guy.[/quote]

Reese NEVER reaches with the 1st round pick. We wont take him there unless he blows everyone away at the combine and is in Reeses top 32. Reese will take the BPA at 32 which wont be Chandler.

TRading back could be an option though if Reese feels we need more picks to fill a few more holes at LB OL WR and CB since we most likely wont be resigning TT Ross MM KMac...

I doubt it. Unless TT songs a cheap one year deal. We are already 7.5 mil over the cap.

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

I doubt it. Unless TT songs a cheap one year deal. We are already 7.5 mil over the cap.[/quote] unless Thomas's injury somehow won't allow him to be the same player, then he'll be right back with a similar deal as kiwi.....
    And as far as the cap goes, there's plenty of $$$ to be cleared up....no worries

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] so now, were aren't Resigning TT & Ross???? Interesting....[/quote] I doubt it. Unless TT songs a cheap one year deal. We are already 7.5 mil over the cap.[/quote] unless Thomas's injury somehow won't allow him to be the same player, then he'll be right back with a similar deal as kiwi..... And as far as the cap goes, there's plenty of $$$ to be cleared up....no worries[/quote] Ya, we better resign TT! With his injury, your actually probably gonna get em a bit cheaper then he would of been, and seeing how we WON the SB the yr he was gone, it could end up working out perfectly for the GIANTS, as we get are young stud CB back a bit cheaper , and we WON the yr he was injured, which is a bonus.. Were probably not resigning Aaron Ross, or Mario Manningham, and possibly trading OSI, so we'll have some doe..

The Jones Clan lives nearly next door to me. He is injury prone however. Bones Jones was just here visiting family and he's a bigger hero than the brothers.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] so now, were aren't Resigning TT & Ross???? Interesting....[/quote] I doubt it. Unless TT songs a cheap one year deal. We are already 7.5 mil over the cap.[/quote] unless Thomas's injury somehow won't allow him to be the same player, then he'll be right back with a similar deal as kiwi..... And as far as the cap goes, there's plenty of $$$ to be cleared up....no worries[/quote]* Ya, we better resign* TT!* With his injury, your actually probably gonna get em a bit cheaper then he would of been, and seeing how we WON the SB the yr he was gone, it could end up working out perfectly for the GIANTS, as we get are young stud CB back a bit cheaper , and we WON* the yr he was injured, which is a bonus..** Were probably not resigning Aaron Ross,* or Mario Manningham, and possibly trading OSI, so we'll have some doe..[/quote] I think if Mario gets away it's going to come back to bite us, we don't have a WR that can be a 3rd WR like he can....

All-Pro

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] so now, were aren't Resigning TT & Ross???? Interesting....[/quote] I doubt it. Unless TT songs a cheap one year deal. We are already 7.5 mil over the cap.[/quote] unless Thomas's injury somehow won't allow him to be the same player, then he'll be right back with a similar deal as kiwi..... And as far as the cap goes, there's plenty of $$$ to be cleared up....no worries[/quote] Ya, we better resign TT! With his injury, your actually probably gonna get em a bit cheaper then he would of been, and seeing how we WON the SB the yr he was gone, it could end up working out perfectly for the GIANTS, as we get are young stud CB back a bit cheaper , and we WON the yr he was injured, which is a bonus.. Were probably not resigning Aaron Ross, or Mario Manningham, and possibly trading OSI, so we'll have some doe..[/quote] I think if Mario gets away it's going to come back to bite us, we don't have a WR that can be a 3rd WR like he can....[/quote]

Like letting Steve Smith get away? Next man up. Already hearing they expect Jernigan to play a bigger role as a WR. If we sign MM, we cant resign Nicks and Cruz...

I was on the fence about Jones and I think I fell off the wrong side.

Doesn't excel at pass rushing and seems more like a 3-4 DE to me.

Given that he's probably a Day 1 draft pick (Rd 2-3) I don't see blowing that pick on a guy who doesn't fit our system well.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] so now, were aren't Resigning TT & Ross???? Interesting....[/quote] I doubt it. Unless TT songs a cheap one year deal. We are already 7.5 mil over the cap.[/quote] unless Thomas's injury somehow won't allow him to be the same player, then he'll be right back with a similar deal as kiwi..... And as far as the cap goes, there's plenty of $$$ to be cleared up....no worries[/quote] Ya, we better resign TT! With his injury, your actually probably gonna get em a bit cheaper then he would of been, and seeing how we WON the SB the yr he was gone, it could end up working out perfectly for the GIANTS, as we get are young stud CB back a bit cheaper , and we WON the yr he was injured, which is a bonus.. Were probably not resigning Aaron Ross, or Mario Manningham, and possibly trading OSI, so we'll have some doe..[/quote] I think if Mario gets away it's going to come back to bite us, we don't have a WR that can be a 3rd WR like he can....[/quote]

Like letting Steve Smith get away? Next man up. Already hearing they expect Jernigan to play a bigger role as a WR. If we sign MM, we cant resign Nicks and Cruz...

[/quote] I was very high on Jerrell Jerrnigan last yr, and i totally expect him to be given a legit crack at the 3rd wr spot if mario is to leave.. If jerrnigan is to work out, he could be eerily similar to percy harvin, which is who he reminds me of...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] I was very high on Jerrell Jerrnigan last yr, and i totally expect him to be given a legit crack at the 3rd wr spot if mario is to leave.. If jerrnigan is to work out, he could be eerily similar to percy harvin, which is who he reminds me of...[/quote]

I liked JJ too. I still see a problem with him, or rather his position. He is best suited to play the slot and I think that was where he was intended to play. However, I think at this point Cruz has cemented his dominance as the slot guy in 3 Wr sets. I do not know if I like JJ nearly as much on the outside and it would be a shame to move Cruz outside when he so clearly couldnt be stopped on the inside.

Its kind of bad luck for JJ, he comes to a team just as they found a diamond in the rough at the same position he was supposed to play.