+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Chandler Jones DE Syracuse

Could this guy be Kiwi Jr? I think it will be another contract year for Mathias.

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Now here's a really interesting situation ... if his stock rises as high as I think it will (picks 40-50) do we reach a little and grab him in the first knowing what we do about our love for play making DEs? I personally would still want one of the TEs (Fleener or Allen) in the first, but I could see the debate being made for this guy.[/quote]

Reese NEVER reaches with the 1st round pick. We wont take him there unless he blows everyone away at the combine and is in Reeses top 32. Reese will take the BPA at 32 which wont be Chandler.

TRading back could be an option though if Reese feels we need more picks to fill a few more holes at LB OL WR and CB since we most likely wont be resigning TT Ross MM KMac...

[/quote] so now, were aren't Resigning TT & Ross???? Interesting....[/quote] I doubt it. Unless TT songs a cheap one year deal. We are already 7.5 mil over the cap.[/quote] unless Thomas's injury somehow won't allow him to be the same player, then he'll be right back with a similar deal as kiwi..... And as far as the cap goes, there's plenty of $$$ to be cleared up....no worries[/quote]* Ya, we better resign* TT!* With his injury, your actually probably gonna get em a bit cheaper then he would of been, and seeing how we WON the SB the yr he was gone, it could end up working out perfectly for the GIANTS, as we get are young stud CB back a bit cheaper , and we WON* the yr he was injured, which is a bonus..** Were probably not resigning Aaron Ross,* or Mario Manningham, and possibly trading OSI, so we'll have some doe..[/quote] I think if Mario gets away it's going to come back to bite us, we don't have a WR that can be a 3rd WR like he can....[/quote]

Like letting Steve Smith get away? Next man up. Already hearing they expect Jernigan to play a bigger role as a WR. If we sign MM, we cant resign Nicks and Cruz...

[/quote] letting a guy get away because you can't afford him & letting a guy get away because of a nasty injury are totally different things....

All-Pro

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Now here's a really interesting situation ... if his stock rises as high as I think it will (picks 40-50) do we reach a little and grab him in the first knowing what we do about our love for play making DEs? I personally would still want one of the TEs (Fleener or Allen) in the first, but I could see the debate being made for this guy.[/quote]

Reese NEVER reaches with the 1st round pick. We wont take him there unless he blows everyone away at the combine and is in Reeses top 32. Reese will take the BPA at 32 which wont be Chandler.

TRading back could be an option though if Reese feels we need more picks to fill a few more holes at LB OL WR and CB since we most likely wont be resigning TT Ross MM KMac...

[/quote] so now, were aren't Resigning TT & Ross???? Interesting....[/quote] I doubt it. Unless TT songs a cheap one year deal. We are already 7.5 mil over the cap.[/quote] unless Thomas's injury somehow won't allow him to be the same player, then he'll be right back with a similar deal as kiwi..... And as far as the cap goes, there's plenty of $$$ to be cleared up....no worries[/quote] Ya, we better resign TT! With his injury, your actually probably gonna get em a bit cheaper then he would of been, and seeing how we WON the SB the yr he was gone, it could end up working out perfectly for the GIANTS, as we get are young stud CB back a bit cheaper , and we WON the yr he was injured, which is a bonus.. Were probably not resigning Aaron Ross, or Mario Manningham, and possibly trading OSI, so we'll have some doe..[/quote] I think if Mario gets away it's going to come back to bite us, we don't have a WR that can be a 3rd WR like he can....[/quote]

Like letting Steve Smith get away? Next man up. Already hearing they expect Jernigan to play a bigger role as a WR. If we sign MM, we cant resign Nicks and Cruz...

[/quote] letting a guy get away because you can't afford him & letting a guy get away because of a nasty injury are totally different things....[/quote]

True. My point was though, that MM can be and will be replaced with a WR on a rookie contract. How many thought we were in trouble letting Smith go? Nearly everyone on this board. Then Cruz emerged.

Ya went to the same hs as him he did get injured a lot, very nice guy though and good head on his shoulders dads a pastor believe it or not lol

Where is Chandler projected to go?

[quote user="C1010"]Where is Chandler projected to go?
    [/quote]

Mid to late second

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="C1010"]Where is Chandler projected to go?
    [/quote]

Mid to late second[/quote]Id rather take Vinny Curry from Marshall
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="C1010"]Where is Chandler projected to go?
    [/quote]

Mid to late second[/quote]Id rather take Vinny Curry from Marshall
    [/quote]

Curry is a good player. However Jones is a natural LDE, but can play RDE in a pinch too and Curry is just projected as a RDE. Thats why Jones is a better fit for us. He played out of position at Syracuse on the right side. The Giants like guys they can move around like that tho.

Jones can be groomed behind Tuck and spell him when he needs rest/ recover from injury.

Last year, we used JPP ,Tolly, and to a lesser degree Canty to replace Tuck when he was injured. JPP's production was greatly reduced when on the left side. Tolly is a FA, but even if he is resigned he is very poor vs the run on that side and not a full time player. Canty is much more productive elsewhere along the Dline.

That is why I like Jones for us.

[quote user="dubee_j"]Does anyone have video on this guy?

Scouts Inc have him rated at 24 in the first round, so I'm not sure if taking him in the first round would be considered a reach.[/quote]Yeah if your looking for prospect videos go 2 the thread marked 2012 Draft Film Room there are about 400 videos there that Ive made and the other vid guys from www.Draftbreakdown.com

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftx60vRJyYg&context=C4f53ed3ADvjVQa1PpcFOajC42vBiKUsJj9PxEnIsG dZFpu3-Fv3k=[/link]

[link]http://draftbreakdown.com/chandler-jones-vs-west-virginia[/link]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="dubee_j"]Does anyone have video on this guy?

Scouts Inc have him rated at 24 in the first round, so I'm not sure if taking him in the first round would be considered a reach.[/quote]Yeah if your looking for prospect videos go 2 the thread marked 2012 Draft Film Room there are about 400 videos there that Ive made and the other vid guys from www.Draftbreakdown.com

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftx60vRJyYg&context=C4f53ed3ADvjVQa1PpcFOajC42vBiKUsJj9PxEnIsG dZFpu3-Fv3k=[/link]

[link]http://draftbreakdown.com/chandler-jones-vs-west-virginia[/link][/quote]

Is it me or does he just not look all that impressive? He has a great bull rush and pass awareness, but a very mediocre speed rush and is almost a liability against the run.

That's what I got out of those two videos in any event.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)