+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Chandler Jones DE Syracuse

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"]I could see the Giants picking him but I wouldn't be thrilled by it.

Jones just doesn't do that much for me.[/quote]Good player but I prefer more of an edge rusher. Im surprised how high mayock has him ranked[/quote]

Exactly.[/quote]

there are a lot of "edge" rushers in this draft. Perry, Curry, Mercilius, Branch, Vernon or Cam Johnson. I agree that Jones would be a very good player, but he seems like a poor mans JPP. We have other needs in round 1.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"]I could see the Giants picking him but I wouldn't be thrilled by it.

Jones just doesn't do that much for me.[/quote]Good player but I prefer more of an edge rusher. Im surprised how high mayock has him ranked[/quote]

Exactly.[/quote]

there are a lot of "edge" rushers in this draft. Perry, Curry, Mercilius, Branch, Vernon or Cam Johnson. I agree that Jones would be a very good player, but he seems like a poor mans JPP. We have other needs in round 1.[/quote]

Very poor man I would go as far as say a hobos JPP

No Mayock does not change his mind based on "other analyst." I have said this about him before, the reason he is more accurate than Kiper and McShay is because he still has connections around the league.

Half of these guys job is to rate players. The other half is guessing where they will go. Mayock is, in my opinion, about the same or slightly better than the other analysts at rating players. However, he is miles above anyone else at guessing where they will go mostly because he has better insight than others. Most teams HATE Kiper and McShay, as do the players. They will not get talked to. Mayock is respected and liked and therefor he gets tidbits the others do not.

looks like the pats traded up for him