Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Assume we trade Osi

Brown looks like a good prospect. However, this Nick Perry kid from USC is intriguing.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Kiwi goes back down on the line

Do we draft Zac Brown # 32 overall?

[/quote]I'd be hoping Whitney Mercilus drops to us, personally... We make a living off pass rushers, and Mercilus is a turnover creating machine, who has underrated athletic ability, and a very high ceiling, as a young "justin tuck" type of pass rusher.. JPP, Kiwi, Mercilus, and Tuck continues to give us a big time crop of pass rushers, and keeps us pretty much set for the forseeable futureat the positon.. I think Mercilus is very underrated at this point and would not be surprised if he goes in the late teens by draft day..

I also don't think we nessecarily go Defense in RD 1, even if we trade OSI.. If a guy like Dwayne Allen or Mike Adams slips to us, it'll be tough to let them go by the wayside.. Plus you'll have the ex pick or picks from OSI trade to load up on whatever side of the ball u choose, so u can still use those picks to get defense later on or whatever...

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[/quote]

I doubt we trade Osi (we wouldn't get the value he provides playing out his contract).

And even if we do we have more than enough LBers to take Kiwi's place to mitigate the need in the first round.

I don't see us taking Zach Brown (or any LBer) in the first round.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[/quote]I'd be hoping Whitney Mercilus drops to us, personally...* We make a living off pass rushers, and Mercilus is a turnover creating machine, who has underrated athletic ability, and a very high ceiling, as a young "justin tuck" type of pass rusher..* JPP, Kiwi, Mercilus, and Tuck* continues to give us a big time crop of pass rushers, and keeps us pretty much set for the forseeable future*at the positon.. I think Mercilus is very underrated at this point* and would not be surprised if he goes in the late teens by draft day..

I also don't think we nessecarily go Defense* in RD 1*, even if we trade OSI.. If a guy like Dwayne Allen or Mike Adams slips to us, it'll be tough to let them go by the wayside..* Plus you'll have the ex pick or picks from OSI trade to load up on whatever side of the ball u choose, so u can still use those picks to get defense later on or whatever...*

[/quote]

Mercilus would almost be a lock for us if he drops to #32. Can't imagine he will considering the premium on pass rushers in general and especially after our post-season run.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Zach Brown plays really soft, and he gets lost on the field at times. Plus the giants already have a couple good outside linebackers, its middle linebacker that they have a hole.

Have no interest in Brown either way

I don't see Brown being any more reliable against the run than any of our LBers currently on the roster. If anyone moves Kiwi back to DE, it'd be Goff, not Brown.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[/quote]

I doubt we trade Osi (we wouldn't get the value he provides playing out his contract).

And even if we do we have more than enough LBers to take Kiwi's place to mitigate the need in the first round.

I don't see us taking Zach Brown (or any LBer) in the first round.[/quote]

Wouldn't get the value? He has 1 year remaining on his contract with the virtual impossibility of resigning him after that said season.

He's on the other side of 30 now and it would be the perfect time to sell high. ESPN's Dan Graziano said it best,

"He's at peak value and they can afford to lose him. That's a confluence
    of circumstances that doesn't come around too often. As a pure business
    decision, trading Umenyiora this summer is the right thing for the
    Giants to do."

Whatever Giants get in return, won't be of equal value.

It may very well come down to the scenario of having to trade him, but it's still early to tell. Last thing that should be done is trade away a known pass rushing commodity, something that gives the Giants' D its identity, prematurely.

If we do not trade Osi or renegotiate his contract watch him come up with some mysterious injury that vanishes should we make another playoff run!!

I would love Osi to come back if he performed and behavedlikethe last part of the season but if he does notget his raise I see trouble!!

+ Reply to Thread