+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nice to See Nicks Getting More Involved

Not that I, in any way, have something against Victor Cruz because he is a beastly number 2 receiver on this team. However, it seems like number 88 almost gets phased out of the gameplan during the season. I know he's 14th in the league in receiving yards, but he really could be getting the ball a lot more. Last season, had it not been for injuries, he would have been a lock for the Pro Bowl. Just watching this game, against a top corner in Charles Woodson, Nicks can flat out get open -- even if he's covered. Anyone else think he has been under-utilized at times this year?

Re: Nice to See Nicks Getting More Involved

88 is a stud. He has been banged up, but he is a stud. Cruz is benefiting from a lot of the double teams the hak is seeing as well...

How bout Travis Beckum finally making a play after 3 years of sleepwalking!

teams have been blanketing Nicks

thats why Cruz has been having the season he is having

on both of Nicks TDs he was manned up.....Eli will take Nicks in man coverage every time

its quite rare these days

[quote user="YATittle1962"]teams have been blanketing Nicks

on both of Nicks TDs he was manned up.....Eli will take Nicks in man coverage every time

its quite rare these days[/quote]

they thought they could take their chances w/ single coverage cause they had Woodson, and well, that didnt work out for them...

[quote user="BigBlue9280"]Not that I, in any way, have something against Victor Cruz because he is a beastly number 2 receiver on this team. However, it seems like number 88 almost gets phased out of the gameplan during the season. I know he's 14th in the league in receiving yards, but he really could be getting the ball a lot more. Last season, had it not been for injuries, he would have been a lock for the Pro Bowl. Just watching this game, against a top corner in Charles Woodson, Nicks can flat out get open -- even if he's covered. Anyone else think he has been under-utilized at times this year?[/quote]

Nicks being double covered has a lot to do with Cruz's early successes. I am a huge fan of Victor Cruz and he's coming into his own. Nicks and Cruz are going to cause defenses headaches moving forward.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="qndarius3"]88 is a stud. He has been banged up, but he is a stud. Cruz is benefiting from a lot of the double teams the hak is seeing as well...
    [/quote]Yeah is bracketed a lot.When he is 1 on1 Eli throws him the ball

[quote user="YATittle1962"]teams have been blanketing Nicks thats why Cruz has been having the season he is having on both of Nicks TDs he was manned up.....Eli will take Nicks in man coverage every time its quite rare these days[/quote]+1 he isnt a tall receiver but he is a big receiver.He is very strong and physical and will out muscle players in 1 on 1 situations .

How about Jordy Nelson he was a guy I talked about targeting in FA before the season..The Packers wisely re-upped him at the start of the year.That guy has ripped us the last 2 years

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]teams have been blanketing Nicks thats why Cruz has been having the season he is having on both of Nicks TDs he was manned up.....Eli will take Nicks in man coverage every time its quite rare these days[/quote]+1 he isnt a tall receiver but he is a big receiver.He is very strong and physical and will out muscle players in 1 on 1 situations .

How about Jordy Nelson he was a guy I talked about targeting in FA before the season..The Packers wisely re-upped him at the start of the year.That guy has ripped us the last 2 years

[/quote]

Nelson is a STUD. I think he's GB's 2nd best receiver after Jennings, over Driver, Finley etc.

[quote user="YATittle1962"]teams have been blanketing Nicks

its quite rare these days[/quote]

No doubt. He'll throw it to Nicks if he's one one every time he just never is.

That said if Nicks wants to make the leap to the upper echelon he's got come down with a few of these balls in double coverage when he gets a shot.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.